IMDb > "The Andy Dick Show" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Andy Dick Show" More at IMDbPro »

An absolute ABC classic!

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
1 August 2006

"THE ANDY DICK SHOW," in my opinion, is an absolute ABC classic! I haven't seen every episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's hard to say which episode was my favorite. However, I think it was always funny when a mishap occurred. I always laughed at that. Despite the fact that it was a short-lived series, it was nice that all of the main characters had stayed with the show throughout its entire run. It seems that no one stays with a show throughout its entire run. Everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, I hope someone brings it back on the air for fans of the show to see.

Waiting for a DVD release

Author: (squeezewax) from california
2 July 2004

I was familiar with Andy Dick from Newsradio, but was introduced to the real comedy of Andy Dick by his MTV show.

It was amazing! So funny and creative. I looked forward to seeing his new shows and then...it was gone!

To this day, I remember those hilarious Andy Dick skits and sketches, Kid Christ, The Anus and Andy Show, Daphne Aguilara, Marilyn Manson. I still have the clam-al-toe song in my head.

I cannot believe MTV let the Andy Dick Show go. He is a true gem of comedy and I am a now a big fan of Andy Dick. I am looking forward to seeing his new show on MTV, The Assistant, but I miss the old one. So I'll be here waiting and waiting for a DVD. Please let there be one?!

Andy Dick does not belong on MTV; he deserves so much better!

Author: hmm_ from United States
7 September 2001

ANDY DICK DOES NOT BELONG ON MTV! He should move his show to HBO or Showtime. More flexible timeslots, and freedom to do more than what MTV is letting him do. Oh yeah obscenities un-bleeped also would be cool. I agree with the first person who commented about this show, Dick is a funny and talented person, he shouldn't have to prove this by only giving MTV ratings.

IT ROCKS!

Author: Fiona (Fiona4) from Los Angeles, California
5 May 2001

The "Andy Dick Show" is the best show on T.V.! I have never missed an episode of it!It is a very creative,Funny,and very "Dick"!

Andy is the most talented person on earth! He is my biggest rolemodel (next to God)I give the "Andy Dick Show" 5 big bright stars! *****

forgetting the question mark guy

Author: hustongregor from slippery rock, PA
6 April 2004

Everyone is failing to mention the question mark guy who runs around trying to sell his book saying you'll get free money from the government. Dick makes this skit great by saying you can have sex with the entire country of Thailand....FREE!!! or something like that. You also can not leave out Zitty, who is trying to become a male model, while eating beef jerky from his portfolio and using crisco as an acne wash. Or the cell phone executive with a giant tumor on his ear. Daphne Aguilera was funny at first, but I became tired of it by the end. Although that clam juice or whatever skit was pretty damn funny. All in all, it was a great show that should come out on DVD soon, hopefully.

Good with slight revisions

Author: DavidBermanFan from Bexley, OH
22 May 2002

Andy Dick is a brilliant comedian, and this show was hysterical, although there should have been some revisions. For example, the actor who played David Berman (Andy's personal assistant) was terrible, and the should have had David Berman himself play the part. Also, the Boogie Man skit was a good idea, but it could have been presented better. However, the Andy Dick Show did have its shining points like the David Berman, Shawn Green, and Daphnie Agulera scetches, which is reason enough to watch the show.

Hyper-Hysterical, Scattered Genius!

Author: axeugene from Rome, NY
24 July 2001

Is he the next Jim Carey or Peter Sellers? No. Yet compared to Adam Sandler or Rob Shneider he's as good or better. His self depreciating style and satire (often of himself personally)is superb all the while turning up the notch for spectacle. his dead on spoofs of MTV are hysetrically on track. The "Daphnie Aguilera" skit is a gem! If you're looking for the next Woody Allen or still don't accept any thing funny that isn't Monty Python than rent you videos and don't turn on the TV. Andy Dick is however a funny and clever twist to a rather boring channel. Sorry Ben Stiller and Tom Green but "the little clown that..who cries" is just smarter with belly laughs included!

A funny show that sometimes lacks but never fails to humor

Author: DKlug
16 April 2001

The Andy Dick Show(on MTV) is where comedian, director, actor, and script writer Andy Dick showcases his talents in hilarous skits that range from a coach making his team play football nude to a show with a butt puppet interviewing Ben Stiller. All in all, some of the sketchs totally suck but theres always at least one gem in an episode. Andy Dick is super funny in his show.

the best show on MTV

Author: mjos1 from oklahoma usa
2 September 2001

i just love this show! i think it is Andy Dick at his best. he was wonderful on Newsradio but this is his show and it is hilarious. my favorite character that he does is Daphne Agularia. i like other shows on MTV like TRL, say what kareoke, jackass, and celebrity death match but the Andy Dick show is the best.

Hilarious stuff

Author: klintmcintire from United States
13 February 2011

This short-lived series was, in my opinion, the greatest collection of sketch comedy ever. "The Andy Dick Show" is without doubt one of the most under-appreciated comedy shows of all time. Unfortunately, the series still hasn't been released on DVD (as of February 2011). I'm guessing that there must be some sort of conflict between Andy Dick and MTV, otherwise I can't fathom why the series was never given a DVD release. Unless you're able to find a VHS to DVD bootleg on Ebay (what I had to do), or a torrent file of the series, I'm afraid to say it's impossible to presently watch this comedic paragon. Check it out if you're able to.