Quiet Kill (2004) Poster

(2004)

6 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
One, two, Freddy's coming for you…oh wait, that's the other nightmare.
Tressa Breen30 April 2005
A lonely housewife unknowingly has a one nighter with her best friend's killer. Obsession, stalking and death ensue. Before you can say that's all there is, that's pretty much all there really is. Standard story lines apply: adulterer's guilt and fear, spouse's anger and disbelief, killer's mother fixation, etc, etc (you get the idea). Lead performances range from decent enough (Corbin Bernsen, Claudia Christian) to over the top (Nicholas Celozzi, or I should say 'over kill' since he plays the killer). TV B- movie quality.

Ron Perlman has a small role as a Detective and gives his character some nice quirks (it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't scripted and he did them simply to entertain himself).

Rental.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
(W)hiskey (T)ango (F)oxtrot
Ice Man28 February 2005
I'm not sure what happened here, but I'm pretty sure that I just watched my least favorite movie, ever. I enjoy watching Ron Pearlman on screen, however, I do hope he was paid well for this role since the stain of this movie will, forever, be a part of his soul. I also feel sorry for Mr. Bernsen since his career is probably over now. The director (Mark Jones) has outdone himself this time. I'm sure that even HE would have had to have known that this movie would be terrible even before tainting it with his directing skills. I didn't even buy this thing... That's right, I stole it and I feel ashamed that I didn't cut my thumbs off after watching it. I give this movie the rating of TURD and hope that someday, maybe, the behavioral disorder that is Quiet Kill will be forgotten. Let us pray that Ron Pearlman didn't develop down syndrome from this movie.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Mediocre.
insomniac_rod13 June 2005
A stalker, killer, infidelity, detectives... you've seen it all. "Nightmare Boulevard" is an average thriller with little soft core. Claudia Christian is the best thing about it. The woman is beautiful and can act. Ron Pearlman has a small role as a detective that likes to talk to whores.

The acting isn't that bad, direction is quite good for a low budget feature, and the death scenes are disappointing...most of them are off screen where you can only see blood in the floor.

Awful lines! between all the characters. "you f**** your husband right?" "you want your dog back? are some insane lines in the movie. That do not add mystery to the movie but provoke a few laughs as the villain of the movie is plain cartoonish. A Keanu Reeves wannabe look alike.

The movie has some unintentionally laughs but it doesn't saves it from the trash can.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
a night of passion turns deadly
petershelleyau12 April 2004
This thriller is pretty terrible, with B-movie lighting, only competent acting and a treatment of cliches, however there are some redemptive touches, the least of which is hearing Dick Van Patten curse.

The narrative centers on Amy Martin, a sexually frustrated California housewife who succumbs to the seduction of tennis teacher Steve (Nicholas Celozzi), apparently blind to his obvious baggage. When Amy rejects Steve after a night of passion, he turns stalker.

Mixing the serial killer genre with the betrayed lover, we get steals from Psycho and Shadow of a Doubt, with the requisite ineffectual police investigation. Suspicion is also placed on Amy's husband Jerry (Corbin Bernsen) since he never wants to sleep with her. There is a double nightmare, and at the end we are given a Brian de Palma-ish twist.

The treatment provides some comedy - "Nail one ba****d" is noted after the police chief yells "We gotta nail this ba****d", "Motherf**ker" is given a clever use, and someone accused of over-using the telephone ends with a cell phone jammed in their mouth. Steve is given a chopsticks musical motif which at one point allows him to play on a toy piano, Amy is very particular about how she is spoken to as her repeated cry is "Don't speak to me like that", and there is plenty of lightning.

Director Mark Jones goes for the standard subjective, expressionist and lurking camera-work, with minimal use of slow motion, and uses glass for silhouette, refraction and distortion. He cross-cuts between two seductions, stages an argument on the beach with screaming seagulls in the background ending with a long tracking shot, and exposes the bare breasts of prostitute victims.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not as good as the original
rkeel2124 November 2008
This movie was a little better when it came out 3 years before this one. A total ripoff of an Angie Everheart movie called 'Heart of Stone' (2001). Almost word for word. What are the odds that I'd rent both of these movies within a week...guess that's what i get for trolling the old Suspense isle at the movie store. It was good to Ron Perlman but he wasn't in it enough. Still it was kind of interesting. It wasn't the worst Corbin Bernsen movie i've seen...by far. But not his best either. It was nice to see Dick Van Patten in a movie again...been a little while. All in all it wasn't a bad movie, it just was a little predictable when you watch the same movie with different actors a week before.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
bad movie
monkey-man26 June 2005
Well what can i say about this bomb of a movie other then its bad.The story line was OK but most of the time it was crap and the acting was pritty bad.I was going to give this movie 3 of of 10 but because Ron Perlman is in it so i gave it a 4 out of 10.This film is one of the worst movies i have ever seen in a long time and buy far one of the worst of 2004.I would only recommend this movie to watch if u are bored and its on TV at like 3:00am or if u are a fan of Ron Perlman.I was going to turn the movie off 40 min in but i stayed and suffered through the rest of the film.So overall the film was bad with its good bits i recommend u should stay away from this film unless u want to waste an hour and a half of your life.
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this