IMDb > In Search of a Golden Sky (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

In Search of a Golden Sky More at IMDbPro »

A wonderful movie that is very sweet

Author: pixley906 from United States
9 October 2013

It is a wonderful sweet movie. It is not your Citizen Kane, but it is not the worst movie ever made. It is a sweet movie about family and the necessity of love. It is about the simple things in life, and I wish we got back to those ideas. The villain of this movie is an overbearing government that seeks to separate the children from Zep. The movie is almost libertarian in its outlook on life. It was the first movie that I remember watching in the movies while I was young. My father must have took me, as my mother was dying of cancer and sister was too young to understand it. This movie has meant a lot to me even before I found a DVD reproduction of it.

I would encourage everyone to watch it with their children with an open mind. It might be old but it is still sweet and loving. Which is missing in a lot of today's movies.

a great family movie

Author: mbbc-1 from United States
20 February 2005

This was the first movie my husband and I saw together. We both thought it was a wonderful movie about family values. It may not have been the best made of the year, but it is worth keeping around to show future generations. I would love to be able to get a copy for my family! The movie starts out with a family problem. The children set out on a journey to fine their father who is missing. Along the way they overcome several obstacles and do much life learning. They learn how to depend on each other and themselves and the value of family. It also shows us that society is sometimes wrong in their approach to family crisis. Sometimes it seems necessary to do what is right, not what the courts say.