IMDb > Blood, Friends and Money (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Blood, Friends and Money More at IMDbPro »

Blood,Friends and Money

Author: tcorapi from Knoxville
31 July 2002

One of the best low budget horror films i have seen. It reminded me a lot of the movie Scream but funnier. Seeing the talent she had to work with and probably the budget , Armanda did a a great job with not much to work with and kept me entertained and amused throughout.

I can make a better movie in my garage with $10 and hand puppets.

Author: cinema joe from Nashville, TN USA
11 December 2001

I had the opportunity to view this independent film soon after it was acquired by Venice Film Merchants. This is a movie falling in to the triller/slasher genre along with "Friday the 13th" and "Amittyville Horror". The acting is definitely not the best part of the film; timing is important to be a convincing actor/actress, and most everyone is very lacking in it. Kudos to Jim Varney for delivering the most entertaining part of the film by telling a story to the characters as a crusty old sea dog. The story has potential to be a good thriller/slasher movie if redone with better direction of the cast. Costanza has done better work. The film itself sold out in Nashville only because it contained local talent and was filmed in the area. While watching this film with an audience, I noticed that a few people just got up and left mid-show while others joined in a theatre-wide chuckle during scenes of seriousness that gave foresight to who would be the next victim of the killer. I would nominate it for an episode of MST3K.