IMDb > "The Division" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Division"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Division" More at IMDbPro »

Powerful Drama

Author: tricia-16
19 August 2003

Dean Cain's (Jack) performance in this series is taken to a whole new level(this is partly due to Deborah Joy Levine(writer) who worked with Dean on Lois & Clark) when he teams up with Nancy McKeon (Jinny).Both actors give a powerful performance and bring great sympathy and understanding to the subject of substance abuse and alcoholism. Nancy McKeon is a great actress and working with her has added a new dimension to Dean Cain's acting abilities. They also had great chemistry which made their scenes together so totally believable. It would be good if the writers could expand the Jack & Jinny story next season, but this would only occur if they could persuade Dean to return for further guest appearances.

Talented Actors

Author: sms1117 from New Orleans, LA
13 July 2004

The Division is an awesome show!!! Each actor and actress does a great job bringing their character to life. Sure, Nancy McKeon is my personal favorite on the show, but they are all good. Lisa Vidal, as I recently learned (I did not recognize her when I began watching The Division in February), was on my other favorite show ER playing yet another very spunky yet different character than Magda. I have recently been impressed by how well they have put together the very intense shows that they have had this season especially that season finale. It was really cool having Kim Fields guest starring in that episode or rather episodes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a 5th season.

Amazing!!

Author: browneyed06
18 July 2001

I have to say, Lifetime's hit it big with their newest Sunday show. Squeezed between "Strong Medicine", the story of two women working in a hospital and "Any Day Now", the story of two best friends through the years, "The Division" tells about five women whose personal lives are all different, but they're all cops. Bonnie Bedelia is the head honcho; a take-nothing-from-anyone captain, Lisa Vidal stars as a Hispanic inspector and single mom, Tracey Needham as an inspector who's having marital problems, Nancy McKeon (known as Jo to all the "Facts of Life" fans) is an inspector whose personal life is a mess between drinking and men and her family's secrets, and Lela Rochon is an African American inspector whose previous experiences are only working in the mayor's office and not an on-the-street cop.

This show is fantastic, obviously hitting the jackpot for good Lifetime shows - a good, strong show for women to like and relate to. Here's to season 2!

***** (out of five)

Awesome show!!

Author: Bob Bach (echobase46@hotmail.com) from Syracuse, New York
21 January 2001

This series brought Lifetime its biggest debut ratings in the network's history easily cracking the top 15 in the Nelsen's Ratings. Besides that, I'm sure the Division would soar on NBC or CBS but where ever it is its an awesome show...and its not too girly either, there's lots of action and intense situations (so far). And each week it just gets better. Its got awesome, interesting characters who are well crafted and very well acted! Anyway, in my opinion, this show is among the best dramas on tv currently!! I highly recommend it to anybody.

Very good show

Author: Sunshine14clr from texas, u.s.a.
5 January 2003

i really like this show. i know i know, its on lifetime, but that doesn't make it a bad show. it has very good drama and diologue. it shows all the real stuff that goes on in the police world. and being lifetime it focuses on women cops....something we're seeing a lot nowadays. if you like police shows like law and order or nypd blue, check this one out. women especially you'll like this. it airs on lifetime on sunday nights. 9 stars out of 10.

awesome show so far!

Author: mapmanmsl from Houston, TX
9 June 2002

So far, the show is awesome, and hope the show gets even more awesome on season 3. All the actors and actresses on the show are just as awesome, too. Ms. Mckeon, while she may be different this season compared to last season is only because her character is now sober and having to redevelope thyself again. yes there's definitely a different Jinny as we all see her. but she's still an excellent character. Always loved Ms. Mckeon's performance on the sunday 6/2/02 episode where she's going undercover at an illegal cosmetics firm. as well as a few others this season i can't remember the names to. And we'll see in future episodes for season 2 how awesome she does. because according to the episode guide that i came to on an internet site for the division, the title names imply that the episodes will be totally awesome. So far, way to go Ms. Mckeon, Mrs. Vidal, Mr. Hamm. Keep up the good work, and may the very best be with you.

The Division

Author: Kseny from Romania
30 November 2005

I like very much "The division"!!!!!!!!!!!!!After "Crossing Jordan" and "Alias", it's the best show!Especially now, in season 5 ( I think!), who just got in Romania on the Hallmark Channel, this show is very exciting!

I saw a lot of ugly comments about this show and I decided to write,because I think I'm not the only person who thinks this way!

"The division" is a serial with a lot of personality, action and a lot of interesting stories.

Anyway, You just have to watch it to see what I'm telling...

I also think that Nancy McKeon is a talented actress and that she plays her role like she was born for it!Go Nancy!!!!

What a good show !

Author: RealLiveClaude from Montreal, Canada
9 February 2003

I just want to express how I like this show so much. Police women who have to cope with the tough job on the beat and concile their private life... I tell you I like what Deborah Joy Levine is writing here.

I watched mostly because of Nancy McKeon. I've lost her track for a few years and so happens I read about she was in that series. Boy, that girl is still full of talent. I haven't watched season 1 where she got in a lot of trouble because of her attitude (i.e. drinking), but to see her in another perspective being sober pleases me as well. I remember she was my favorite on some teenage show more than 20 years ago I've watched on NBC (rather not say it...). She is still my favorite after all those years. Way to go Nancy !

But the rest of the cast is great: Bonnie Bedelia stills have a lot of mileage to go and her movie experience serves her well here... So's the rest of the cast like Tracey Needham and Lisa Vidal who has a tough situation to cope for (let's not go into spoilers here...).

Stories are well told, and just reflect what policewomen have to face in reality.

Have a moment and watch it. This Division is sure worth a look...

Good premise, bad network

Author: Cyprus386 from USA
16 January 2001

The gist: 5 female cops in San Francisco and their problems and adventures. Bonnie Bedelia, Lela Rochon, Tracey Needham, Nancy McKeon, and Lisa Vidal star in this series that is headed for doom while on the Lifetime network. Seeing the network, the episodes will most likely revolve around the whole "woman-in-peril" subplot. McKeon is a talented actress, as are the others, and shouldn't subject themselves to doing nothing except "woman-in-peril" stuff. This series might fare better on NBC, whose new season was met with insufficient failures. This show is ok, just needs a new network.

Show is very exciting ("The Division, 2002")

Author: patwiseman (patwiseman@aol.com) from hammond, in
30 May 2002

Lifetime outdid themselves by giving The Division another year on the air. Lifetime has proven that they as well as Viacom can produce such outstanding shows like The Division. The new add ons to the cast really brighten up the second season and the scripts have been as a whole excellent. Keep the current cast as it is and don't change a thing!