IMDb > Our Lips Are Sealed (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Our Lips Are Sealed

Our Lips Are Sealed More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

The movie that started it all. . .

Author: Zalis (zalis_@hotmail.com) from Somewhere in the W.P.P.
26 February 2002

I had known who Mary-Kate & Ashley were since the Full house days. . .I knew they had some videos and movies, but when I saw this film on Fox Family in November, I decided that their movies were worth a look. After seeing a few, "Our Lips are Sealed" remains one of the better ones. It's got some action, some decent lines, and an endearing "clean" quality to it. You see, I'm a 20 year old male, and I've seen my share of sexy & violent movies. It's nice to see that some people still want to make G-rated movies. However, it's not exactly a "great" movie. . .if you're older than the twins, there's several "eye-roller" moments, and there's not a whole lot of effort to differentiate the girls. If you are a MK & A fan, I'd recommend the DVD, because it has commentary from the girls and other cool features.

i liked it!

Author: SpookyPie88 from United Kingdom
10 August 2003

As far as olsen films go, this one was really good. The film wasnt 100% about the girls and did well because of it. The acting was good in this film and the plot, though weak, was very entertaining. The twins excel in this film and deliver very charming, likable performances. They should definatly do more films like this one.

The actors who really make this film worth watching though, are those who play the two crooks after the girls. They are hilarious! It is really refreshing in an olsen film for someone else to get the good lines.

Apart from that the girls also didnt kiss a boy *gasp*, they didnt go shopping and they didnt use any of their silly teenage lines. They also didnt seem to be as full of themselves as they usually come across as on screen which really helped this film. All round this is a cute film, with cute characters and a cute plot. It may not be the best film ever made but its still very enjoyable and can be very funny at times.I recommend it for kids and any Olsen fans!

CAN'T KEEP THERE MOUTH SHUT

Author: Butterworthp from Leicester, england
22 January 2003

This movie was not the greatest olsen movie which happens to be it takes two but that just my opinion but anyway this move seemed dry at times with nothing much happeing at all i would have thought they would of had the bad guys on there back a bit more but instead they were doing the usual stuff like hooking up with cute guys and getting into a popular crowd of people but at this point in there careers thay are starting to grow up. I would give this 6 out of 10

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Author: ihurtmywidgie from United States
8 July 2011

After taking the time out my busy schedule to check out some of the reviews for my all-time favorite movie, I was utterly shocked and upset to find that it had such a low rating! This is a flawlessly produced movie consisting of love, heartbreak, horror, action, and dancing. I can't think of any other movie that contains all of these elements that also keeps the audience entertained throughout the entire movie. It was a truly original story where two sisters along with their family are put into the witness protection program after gunning down a criminal with a bottle of ketchup (LOL!) I thought it was very realistic how the girls kept blabbing about why they had moved to all the different towns. Who can count on teenage girls to keep a secret anyway? Their representation of Australia seemed very accurate and it really makes me want to visit there! They all seem so friendly! Except for that retched Victoria! If I ever see her, I'll sure give her a piece of my mind! My favorite part of the movie was during the surf war! It was exciting, definitely a nail-biter. I love when the boy hurts his widgie. It's hard to tell what he is referring to his widgie at first but then I realized what he meant. That is one of my favorite lines of any movie if you couldn't tell by my user-name! Overall, this is an excellent film. Perfectly scripted, and amazing in every way. I recommend it to EVERYONE!!

Eurgh.

Author: miss-marissa-xox from United Kingdom
5 June 2008

Oh my days. I felt like gouging my eyeballs out and attacking the person who inflicted this movie on me. It takes Mary-Kate and Ashley to an all time low. Heres why:

1. What is with all of the Australian stereotypes? 'Subtitles please.' They wouldn't need subtitles if they had had the poor Australians talking like they usually do! Oh and the kangaroo pet. Isn't that illegal? Now i cant really speak for everyone but I'm sure at like 15 most people know what a boomerang is!

'Dude your frisbee is broken' DUDE SHUT UP!

2. Why, after the first time they had to move did they not shut the hell up?! Oh come on. If my family were at risk i would learn to shut up - it's not that hard.

3. Emmil Hatchu or whatever the 'bad guys' name was. What was with him?! He just generally annoyed me. He needed to get back to that Urugli place of his.

4. The twins end up living in a B&B (that's dead popular and has what two guests the whole time the film is dragging on). So where the hell did they get the equipment to make that dodgy trap thing that inflicted Victoria to a lot of humiliation. I mean she got covered in feathers for goodness sake?!

5. They go to that theme park + somehow happen to ride a roller-coaster with no-one actually controlling it. They should be still on that ride NOW. Or dead. Im not sure.

6. There were bits that I'm guessing were supposed to be funny and turn this movie into a light-hearted comedy. But the thing was: no matter how hard those bits tried to be funny, they weren't. I got more laughs out of laughing at that cancer-stick-obsessed mum of theirs whose mouth was like the Mersey Tunnel.

7. Those two robber guys at the start, you know, the ones who knicked the diamond in the first place? Yeah those guys. Errm, why the hell did a minute squirt of ketchup manage to knock him down? I know it's supposed to be funny. But its not. Maybe I'm too old for this film, but hey I'm only 15. And when i first watched it i was like 10 and i didn't find it funny then.

Enough said.

critique

Author: san_wendi from London, England
18 May 2002

i didn't like this film, i thought it was very disappointing. After the fun of passport to paris, i thought our lips are sealed would have a much better plot. However talking to the screen for the whole movie as though they were deciding (whilst making the movie) what should happen next was not cool. The film lacked any real depth, and the subplot about the girls trying to fit in was poorly executed. On a positive side the acting was better than some other olsen twin films, although until they move away from the fluffy movies of travelling around the world to meet boys (in the pretense of a more significant plotline), their movies remain stooped in the "tween girl" market.

I'm Aussie and I hate this movie

Author: Liana897 from Australia
22 September 2013

Okay, so the beginning of the movie was okay, until they got to Australia. I can see every Australian cringing at this movie in total embarrassment. I was embarrassed watching this movie. The only good thing about this movie is that it was filmed at my school!! Also Aubrey and Pete were hot.

6 things wrong with this movie: 1.We DO NOT speak like that. At All. I don't even know half the stuff they said. I hate these stereotypes imposed on us aussies. It disgusting. 2.On top of the stupid slang, we do not speak with those accents. I cringe every time I hear them speak. I feel bad for the Aussie actors who had to speak like that. 3.There is no one called Sheila in Australia. Its a weird name and I know no one called Sheila. Sheila actually means woman. Why would anyone be called that? It's like American's calling girls Shawty. 4.The "vegemite" that one of the twins was eating was clearly NOT vegemite. That was obviously nutella. 5.We do not spend every living second on the beach and there are certainly no groups who think they own the beach. That's just stupid 6.We do not have kangaroos as pets zoo. 7.No one plays with boomerangs either. And no one can throw it anyway.

Cute and Funny but Cheesy

Author: KatherinePetersdorf from Washington, USA
30 June 2013

I liked it, it was a good movie with tons of laughs, however it wasn't a great movie.

Positives of the Movie The Movie Had an Interesting Plot Line (The Witness Protection Part) It was Funny The Cute Boys The Fun Filming Location The Great Clothing

Negatives for the Movie -The item stolen -The Country the bad guys came from

The movie was a little bit cheesy. Kind of like when they talked to the audience and froze time.

I would still say to people that they should watch it, especially if they are very young.

Rebuttle

Author: jeffdotburgess from United States
10 May 2013

UM. EXCUSE ME! CHECK YOUR FACTS AT THE DOOR

It's obvious (since both twin couples are in the front seats) that they obviously took turns on the roller-coaster. This is further proved by the ferris wheel scene, which demonstrates the male twins' comprehensive knowledge of ride operation.

In other news, the film's good.

I love the twins. Twin twins. It's like rule 63 MK & Ash.

Also: I think they only had one shot of the kangaroo.

It was deec. Not so much a film as it is a collection of moving images synced with audio.

I can't say that I didn't enjoy it

Author: Linda-Lee
2 April 2003

The story was their typical one: the girls go off to some foreign place for whatever reason (London, Paris, Rome, the Caribbean), in this case it was Australia, they meet some very cute boys-Pete and Avery (as usual Pete fell for one twin and Avery the other. Wouldn't it be great to see the twins fall for one guy? Or both guys fall for one of the girls?), and their main priorities in life are clothes, lip gloss, great hair, being popular, and having boyfriends, not necessarily in that order. But as far as most Mary-Kate and Ashley movies go this one was pretty good! (Some spoilers within, but nothing you couldn't figure out from knowing it's an Olsen twin film)

The reason the Parker family goes to Australia under the alias of Turtleby is simple- the girls witnessed a crime (actually they saw the man who stole the precious Neil Diamond running out of the museum, they did not actually see him steal it, but still) and they have such a hard time keeping their mouths shut that they've lived all over the United States and now they are all out of places in America so they have to go to the last place on earth-Australia!

Aussie life is seems great to them, hanging out on the beach, beach parties, cute surfer boys, great shopping, but unfortunately to have a good time they think that forever reason they need to get into the posse led by Victoria, they try a number of things to get in- speaking the Australian way, avoiding the 'geeks,' the 'surfies,' the 'nerds,' etc, surfing, eating Australian food, and more. All seems lost as the 'royal court' loved Abby and Maddie, but the 'queen' still needed some convincing--but only until the smashed a soda can on their head were they admitted in. Once in they have a terrific time hanging out on the beach, and Victoria's father's yacht, with the popular kids. But then they meet two extremely hot guys whom are not in the posse that they are in but rather the group called the surfies. The leader of the posse, Victoria, tells them "hang with them and you can forget about the party, and everything that goes with it." (They then literally run into them when they get freaked out, and they go to Lunar Park together, which is closed but that's okay because Avery's dad owns the place) They go to the yacht party only to find Avery and Pete (the hot guys, remember?) show up and agree with the leaders of the posse to have a surf-off whoever wins keeps the beach, and the loser moves down somewhere (but not after a little flirting with Abby and Maddie across the boat :)). The boys then leave and everyone else goes back to the party, a few minutes later Maddie shows Abby that Pete and Avery are down on the water with wave-runners, summoning to them to come with them of course. Abby says absolutely not. Her reasoning? "These are my new boots!" They end up just leaving the shoes on the yacht and sailing off with the guys (Abby with Avery, Maddie with Pete, in case you were wondering), after all "they were ugly anyway." The twins then get asked out and everything in Australian life is going just perfectly until two suspicious guests show up at The Salvation Shore Inn, that's their house. Who are working for Emil Hatchew, the guy who is trying to catch them. Will they make it out alive, and more importantly, with their boyfriends? Tune in for yourself! :D

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]