IMDb > "The Chris Isaak Show" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Chris Isaak Show" More at IMDbPro »

Hilarious show with lots of potential

Author: Joshua Bozeman from Evansville, Indiana
20 March 2001

I have seen the first two episodes of the show, and I must say, I am very pleased. I think this show has a lot of potential. Interesting characters, a lot of funny moments, and a storyline that is right on target. Isaak is a likeable lead, and his real life band (minus the keyboardist) are hilarious as backups. I have been looking forward to this show for over a month, and I think it fills the holes nicely left by Beggars and Choosers and Rude Awakening, both of which were cancelled this year. I think the show will be on for a long time, and I think from what I have seen, the majority of people who have seen it, like it...a lot. 10/10. ---I'll definitely keep watching.

A Discovery

Author: (allornothing_girl) from Los Angeles, CA.
26 November 2001

I don't have Showtime, but I'm lucky enough to have cable. I just caught a marathon of the Chris Isaak show on VH1. What a treat. I found the show to be funny, down to earth, reverent (to rock & roll) and insightful. The blend of quirkiness, music and backstage antics will be enough for me to tune in regularly.

Almost makes me want to get Showtime.

Author: Jacob Hernandez (jakehernandez@houston.rr.com) from Houston, TX
5 January 2002

I really enjoy this show. A witty, relevant show that has heart while not losing it's sharp edge or adult themes. Driven by the charm of Chris Isaak and real bandmates. There are few shows that have this combination of qualities.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: sailorcallie (sailorcallie@yahoo.com) from San Antonio, TX USA
22 May 2001

I've been watching it since the pilot aired, and I've been hooked on it ever since. I knew the San Francisco-native has acted before, but as himself he's incredible. Showtime has done it again! Keep up the good work.

Amazingly Surreal

Author: Angela_Ray71367 from United States
16 May 2006

I have been a fan of Chris Isaak for some time and was thrilled when I heard that he would be starring in his own television series (for those of you who have seen his antics on the Jay Leno Tonight Show, know how funny he can be) But what I wasn't prepared for was how smart and clever it was as well. I laughed hysterically when Brett Michaels from the band Poison had a guest appearance! And everyone will wet their pants when seeing the episode where Chris dates a female police officer who is CRAZY! All surrounded by great music. I was also surprised by the humor of drummer Kenny! When this comes out on DVD, I will by the all three seasons! If you get a chance to see the show, take it!

An Adorably Psychotic Masterpiece

Author: Monica (PinkStarz) from Boulder, CO
11 June 2001

I would like to say... I ADORE THIS SHOW! Chris Isaak is the perfect rock-star-next-door-type (because we all have a rock star living next door to us). Every character is perfectly molded by the actors and the writers of the show to create this amazing comedy. EVERYONE should watch this show religiously. Thank you Chris Isaak for lending your talents and wonderful rockabilly sound to my Sunday nights.

Easy going and fun

Author: mgallant-6 from Canada
11 November 2011

Really enjoyed the chemistry between Chris and his band mates. They just seem to roll with it and the drummer Kenny is a standout. Chris is self deprecating and different then I would have expected after watching the wicked game video. He pokes a lot of fun at his anal retentiveness, his previous boxing career...even his talent.

The scenes with his muse are strange but compelling.

Great musical guests and cameos which goes to show how well he must be liked in the business. Not widely watched but anyone I know who took the time enjoyed it. If you like his music at all you will enjoy the show.

The Chris Isaak Show (DVD SET Please!!!!)

Author: lriddley from United States
24 February 2005

I have approached many forums so 1 more couldn't hurt. This show is great!!! For those of us that have been Chris Isaak and Silvertone fans for 20 years...we already know what all the fuss is all about!!!. For the people now discovering it, I can only imagine your new found joy. With so much lack luster television out there it was like a ray of sunshine from the Heavens when Chris and the guys put together this little show. It's quirky and awkward and gives you a sense of a day in the life of an old friend. I always laugh, and find myself snickering the next day because some impossibly outlandish scenarios come to mind, of the night before. The show has now ended and needs to be released on DVD. It's unbelievable to me that this hasn't yet been marketed. We need all three seasons along with "outakes and lost episodes". This is the one I'm waiting for. If you haven't seen it, you simply must. The show is funny and smart and simply unforgettable.

Wow... amazing props

Author: Terry Weaver from Surrey
2 January 2003

Yup... Hats off to the props department. I mean, it takes a lot of studying and stuff to be a actor, or director or teamster, but man-o-man get a load of the props. All that buffet food, goofy quirky stuff like the "Rat Zapper" and "Macaroni Purses" and "Bar Drinks". Lotsa great jokes and a splash of music with such outstanding creative prop-work that will take you on an exhilarating roller coaster thrill show ride into the tantric depths of music/comedy television.

whew... I need smoke... HEY PROPS!!!

3 thumbs up!

Terry Weaver

the chris isaak show rocks

Author: rachel owlglass (devilgirl@onebox.com) from san francisco
7 May 2001

have a sense of humor? urban single & hip (or can remember being that way)? are you intelligent, cynical about human behaviour but not a fatallist?

then you'll like the show.

just remember that in real life he's not at bimbo's all the time.

did i misspell fatalist???