IMDb > Café Olé (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Café Olé More at IMDbPro »

Good Acting on Old Beaten Tracks

Author: dromasca from Herzlya, Israel
10 November 2001

The immigrants situation in the developed countries generated quite a lot of movies - the most popular being 'Green Card' with Gerard Depardieu. 'Cafe Ole' does not succeed to say anything new on this theme, but provides the opportunity for some very good character cinema and above the average acting. The script is the weak part of the whole business, nothing really happens before you guessing in advance what it will be - and actually nothing really happens at all. However the atmosphere is well caught, and with the credible acting of almost all parts I am not really sorry for having picked this movie for a quiet Friday evening TV watching.

In a word. Fantastic!

Author: Michael W. Carrington from San Francisco Bay Area
23 June 2002

One of the best romance movies I have seen in a very long time. It spoke to my soul about things which I haven't thought about in a long time. Taking a risk, not knowing the result, jumping when I am not ready or to full of fear. Wow! Good Stuff.

A romantic comedy with heart and style. A winner.

Author: hamachi from toronto, canada
17 June 2001

Laia Marull and Andrew Tarbet sizzle in this heartwarming comedy about life, love, and asparagus. An independent film that looks like a million bucks (it was made with 1.2 million). Montreal lends it's style and beauty to this endearing story. Take a good friend and enjoy.