Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You (TV) More at IMDbPro »

So adorable

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
4 January 2012

I have to say I disagree with the previous reviewer. I love Winnie the Pooh, and I found A Valentine For You absolutely adorable. Of the Winnie the Pooh specials, in some way, A Valentine For You is perhaps the least well known. Wheras Halloween and Christmas were celebrated with Boo to You Too! and A Very Merry Pooh Year, and are holidays that the target audience would be more likely to celebrate, Valentines Day with this not so much. While I don't quite consider A Valentine For You as good as those two, I still love it. The animation is colourful and bright, with the backgrounds and character designs appealing, and the music while as memorable as I'm Not Afraid has a certain simple charm to it. The writing is droll with some inspired word-play while the story is really heartwarming and still with the childhood innocence that makes Winnie the Pooh so special. I loved the themes of love, unselfishness and friendships, these themes are important, and never once did A Valentine For You feel overly-didactic. The characters are as engaging as before and the voice acting is great, even if Paul Winchell sounds noticeably older here the wit and humour of the ever lovable Tigger is still there. All in all, adorable and really worth watching. 10/10 Bethany Cox

Precious Valentine Stories

Author: zsofikam
6 March 2016

Un-Valentine's Day: I enjoy Un-Valentine's Day for how funny it is and for the Scrooge-esque Rabbit. I especially love the part when Tigger is handed some flowers to hand out during the play but instead eats them and comments that they could use some mustard. Another scene that I really love is when Pooh disguises himself as a mailbox for everyone to drop their Valentine's cards in. A Valentine For You: The gang walk in on Christopher Robin writing a letter to a girl named Winifred and they worry that he's forgotten about them. So they decide to go on a journey in order to cure Christopher Robin of the "love bug." At the end, Christopher Robin reveals to everyone else that he can still love them while also making in new friends, with the beautiful song Places in the Heart. Overall: I love the entire thing, every second of both segments. I especially love the song Places in the Heart, wonderfully melodic with a wonderful message. I also find Un-Valentine's Day especially to be very funny, especially with Pooh disguised as a mailbox and when the gang are putting on a play.

Valentine's Day Pooh

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
2 August 2015

This is a half-hour television special, which, however, only runs for roughly 20 minutes without the credits. This one scored 2 Emmy nominations, one of them being for the song in the end "Places in the Heart" and I can definitely see why. It elevates the movie a lot and is far superior than the song the gang sings early when they are scared in the forest. Disney had great success with Winnie the Pooh in the 1960s I think and here they made another tale about the small famous honey-craving little bear (he is not bigger than a rabbit). The story could have been a bit better in my opinion though. The whole things is about all kinds of ways in which the animal gang mistakes Valentine's Day including comical confusion about lovebugs. It gets a bit repetitive at some point and is just not enough material for 20 minutes I think the voice acting was pretty good though and fans of the "Dumb & Dumber" films may be surprised by one voice actor here. Anyway, the ending was a bit too feel-good for my taste as well, because it really went against the meaning of Valentine's Day, at least today. It's for you and your loved one, not for you and your best friends. So all in all, some flaws in this one here, but also some reasons that make it worth the watch, like the song at the end. I guess all in all I give it a thumbs up.

What Are Pooh Cartoons Coming To?

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
4 December 2001

I don't know why they're still doing these. Number 1, I hate the way they're trying to shadow the old Pooh storybook adventures from the '60s and the '70s. "This could be the room of any small boy...". Yeah right. The items in that room, like the stuft Piglet. I could go into any Hallmark and get one just like it. And, Owl just has not been the same since Hal Smith died. Paul Winchell is back as Tigger. You can tell he sounds real old. Jim Cummings has been Tigger until now.

They changed the title too. Does "Winnie the Pooh and Valentines Day Too" not work? Or was it just done to death? And the cartoons on "New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" were funny and entertaining. These newer ones are just sad. Literally! Especially this one. I hate the way Disney is now running its classic into the ground! The sequels they're making to all the animated movies are a great example! They're a disrespect to the voice artists now dead who gave their talents to the originals, and they now hire some cheap ripoffs like Jeff Bennet, Corey Burton, and Tress Macneille.

Cartoons just ain't what they used to be. So in conclusion, this Winnie the Pooh Valentine's day special was just not any good!! Not at all. -