IMDb > Finding Nemo (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 81: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

okay, everybody calm down

Author: Jeremiah Doodelplinger from under the sea
11 August 2004

After a good year has passed (well, it wasn't really a good year in my life, nor was it a good year in the cinema, but it was undoubtedly a long year, allow us all to the calm down. Finding Nemo is a children's movie. It is not an achingly poetic masterwork of biblical proportions. For all its polished aesthetic splendor, it is one of many recent Pixar cuddle-tear smorgasboards that have smack of the Pixar "formula." This is, of course, more multifaceted than you might hope. First, and foremost there is the element of the micro society where one least expects it: the anthropomorphic personification in various aspects of the animal kingdom or underwater or inanimate objects like toys, insects pretty much anything that looks cute. Pixar, which has modeled itself on Disney (for starters...in that, it is trying and succeeding to be the 2nd successful animation studio in the history of the cinema) is taking a page from Herr Walt, but not just simply by making animals...talk. There is the now mandatory wacky assortment of characters in whatever new environment our cutesy little poopy poof protagonist enters: usually an inexplicably dumb character, a hardened, raspy-voiced pessimist who has the seen the outside and yearns for a taste of liberation, a simple character driven mad by the plasticized existence of the microcosm they are confined to, the optimist, completely spiritually and intellectually fulfilled with appeasing the idiotic requests of the master, or overlord or Orwellian gumbent-a-clef, easing into a life of quiet desperation, finding simple pleasures in the banal daily regimen and the emigrant, caught in the middle. Perhaps these scenarios which Pixar seems to be ejaculating in majestic, new colors every few years are truly subversive and anti-American with their One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nestesque allegories...or maybe they're just smoking PCP. Still, they're a whole lot better than the CGA DreamWorks is churning out. Don't believe me? Compare the Incredibles (which is going to rock ass even if it sucks because look at Sam Jackson's character, man is HE black!) to Shrek 2. Shrek 2 sucked. For more on Shrek 2, see Shrek 2. Eddie Murphy needs to quit. C

4 Stars!: Pixar strikes gold

Author: Scott-101 from arlington, va
31 May 2004

4 Stars: With a sense of imagination that only a child could have, Pixar has finally struck gold. En route to becoming the highest grossing animated movie in history, and deservedly so, Finding Nemo is a real gem for both kids and their parents. Its first move in the right direction is setting the picture underwater. Amid a previously unseen and pleasantly quirky world of spaced-out sea turtles and 12-step program sharks, the movie presents a heartwarming story about a father's search for his son. Add in witty dialogue and extroadinary performances by both Ellen DeGeneres and Albert Brooks and you got a movie that's too good to miss.

This movie is great

Author: freq32 from The Moon
6 April 2004

anybody who doesnt like this movie is a pussy. This movie was more than tolerable for an animation. The concept was solid and the characters were likeable and superbly animated. The voice actors were cast perfectly and gave great performances. The entertainment value is a five out of five. The action sequences were so brilliantly done that it doesnt lose value with each time you view it. The transitions where creatively done and kept the storyline well in pace. I look forward to seeing the next Pixar animated film THE INCREDIBLES although i wonder if it will be much different since its written and directed by Brad Bird. Pixar is where it's at in the world of new high end animation..and like i said ..if you don't like this movie .. then you're just not a true fan of cg animation.

pixars have done it again =;)

Author: karthkyn from Chennai, India
2 April 2004

Just saw Finding Nemo this morning (Satyam Cineplex, Chennai, India) one word to comment - 'breathtaking CG work' the entire voice talent team has done a gr8 job too!

The colorful coral of the Marlins, the forgetful Dory, the 'Fish are our friends, not Food' Sharks, the mighty Whale, 150 yrs old. Crush - the Turtle and its kiddies in the EAC, the tank and Nemos' Mates at the Dentist's place, they are all too good!!

Toy Story, Antz, Shrek ...and now Finding Nemo! lol forgot Darla at the Dentist.. Guess the CG supervisor visualised his worst girl friend at School.. haha.

Funny!

Author: GMNL89 from Staten Island, New York
14 March 2004

This is a very funny movie! It's entertaining and fun for the whole family! Albert Brooks, a talented comedian and writer, plays worried father Marlin while Ellen Degeneres(in one of her best roles ever)plays Dory, a fish with short-term memory loss. Both fish are(like the title says)find Nemo, Marlin's son. There are many talented actors and comedians who play funny characters in this movie, such as William Defoe, Brad Garrett, and John Ratzenberger. They are all funny. This movie has to be the best Disney movie in a while; it's something everyone can enjoy. As I said, it's funny, entertaining, and fun for the whole family.

Amazing how fantastic computer graphics can be

Author: udeaasykle (udeaasykle@hotmail.com) from Sandnes, Norway
24 January 2004

This is a great movie, and i don't see how anyone can say differently. Pixar has once again made magic using cg. I swear sometimes it is hard to see the difference between computer animations and real film. I find that especially the ocean is masterfully done. If you haven't already seen this movie, go see it now!

It's So Sweet!

Author: fluffy666
24 January 2004

It's the best animated film after 'Ice Age'!I've watched it more than 10 times!O.K. I'm exaggerating but It's really great and I think everybody will like it.All the characters are very funny,even the "bad guys" are kind of nice.My personal favourites are the sharks!They were so funny! So,everybody watch this film,you're gonna love it!!!

Deserving of an Oscar

Author: Bill from St. Louis, MO
22 January 2004

Finding Nemo has it all...fantastic animation, great story, hilarious comedy, and wonderful voice acting. Ellen, I wish the Academy would create a Best Voice Acting Category and give you the first award. Your work as Dory stole the show.

This is one of the few movies I can pull out and watch at any time. Pixar has not won Best Animated Feature yet, and of their body of films, this is the perfect picture to give them their first.

One of the great animated films

Author: gws-2 from United States
18 January 2004

`Finding Nemo' is one of the best, perhaps THE best, animated films ever made – in a class with the Disney masterpieces, `Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,' `Pinocchio,' and `Bambi.' It is gorgeous to look at, exciting, funny – often very funny – and moving. `Finding Nemo' is a great film, 10 out of 10.

Second best CGI-movie i've seen

Author: schelle from Dworp, Belgium
29 December 2003

Yeah, like what the title of the comment says... I just like the movie just a little bit less than Shrek (who can forget: CAN'T WE SETTLE THIS OVER A PINT?) but I laughed more than during the times I watched Shrek. It's -to my honest opinion- a lot funnier than Ice Age. And the story is beautifully realized, without overdoing it, like Disney sometimes does.

And eeeeeeuuuuuuh... I SPEAK WHALE!!!