IMDb > Finding Nemo (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 84: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

This movie is great

Author: freq32 from The Moon
6 April 2004

anybody who doesnt like this movie is a pussy. This movie was more than tolerable for an animation. The concept was solid and the characters were likeable and superbly animated. The voice actors were cast perfectly and gave great performances. The entertainment value is a five out of five. The action sequences were so brilliantly done that it doesnt lose value with each time you view it. The transitions where creatively done and kept the storyline well in pace. I look forward to seeing the next Pixar animated film THE INCREDIBLES although i wonder if it will be much different since its written and directed by Brad Bird. Pixar is where it's at in the world of new high end animation..and like i said ..if you don't like this movie .. then you're just not a true fan of cg animation.

Just right as rain...

Author: Dockelektro from Portugal
6 December 2003

God bless Pixar. I am not really religious, but for Pixar, I'll convert. Because they are the precious few, part of the species of that rare kind of filmmakers who necessarily have to check out every detail, every bit and particle of their work, and necessarily turn all of them into sheer brilliancy. Today, Pixar has accostumed us to a pattern of quality beyond measure, not only because their work needs special attention but also because the technical part is only a vessel to something much important: a heart. And since every Pixar film requires half a life and half a soul to make from each and everyone of its founding craftsmen, the results are so exquisite and unique that no other movie can be compared to them. One may wonder about their "secret". No secret. Just real feeling and love to their job. "Finding Nemo" is the new crowning jewel in Pixar's flawless hall of fame, again a movie based on the buddy formula we love so much, this time in a whole new world: the ocean depths. And the prospect of doing a movie in this setting is probably something for the Pixar artists to drool on: just imagine all the quirky ideas they can have in this unexplored realm. And they deliver, big time. Once more, the filmmakers never opt for the obvious, delivering always the right choices, always turning the right way, and once more transforming all of us mere viewers into big children, just marvelling into the beautiful sights and sounds of the big blue. And they make us travel into all aspects of the possible journey, surprising even the most visionary viewer. The result is one of the most warm movies of the year, one of those movies that makes you come out with a smile and makes you forget about all your problems. If movies are a way to make you feel better, then doctors should be out giving prescriptions of Finding Nemo. Combining intelligence, entertainment and art into one is a gift that few have. Pixar does it a naturally as breathing. And once again the result is nothing short of amazing. Movie magic at its best.

Another Pixar Great!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
14 October 2008

Finding Nemo is a very good animated film, probably it's in the top 10 animated features of all time. The story is about a little clown fish named Nemo. He ventures out into the open sea while not listening to his father. He gets captured by a dentist and now his father, marlin has to save him from the clutches of the dentist and his "evil" niece. The story of the film is unbelievable. I don't know how a movie about a fish can be very popular. The voice acting is pretty good. The all-star cast did a great job voicing their characters. The music in this film is sweet. The music will lure you more into the movie. The song in the film is great for people who like music 40 years ago. Once again, Pixar did not fail in its ability to make classic animated films. Overall, this is a very good film. I rate this movie 10/10.

Best Animated Film Yet

Author: tightspotkilo from Oregon, USA
17 December 2005

I have watched this film umpteen times with my 3 year-old granddaughter (I own the DVD), and I'm going to go against the grain and say that, while others may say that Finding Nemo doesn't quite measure up, I say that in many ways this film excels.

I believe that what most people find lacking in Finding Nemo is the adult-oriented humor. And it's true, there is very little of it here. There is nothing approaching the risqué or double entendres here either, those things that are supposed to go over the kids' heads and give the adults a big guffaw. So, as a result, adults looking for that kind of stuff don't find it and are therefore disappointed.

But if my granddaughter is any kind of a yardstick to measure it by, the kids love it.

While this film may not be a masterpiece, it's the next best thing to it. That's because the artwork is superb, unparalleled and unmatched. The coloration, textures, use of light, and shadings are the finest that have ever been done on any animated film ever, before or since. Shrek2 and Shark's Tale, for instance, came out *after* this movie, and, good as they are (and they are very good) they are nowhere near as beautifully rendered as Finding Nemo. Particularly Shark's Tale, which in some ways seemed to be a blatant theft and rip off from Finding Nemo, but in my opinion fails because it's just not as good, either art-wise or story-wise. But Finding Nemo remains a visually beautiful piece of artwork, and the kids love it. And that counts for a lot.

There are 3.7 trillion fish in the ocean, and they're looking for one.

Author: Lady Targaryen from Brazil
30 January 2006

''Finding Nemo'' is one of the sweetest movies I have watched this days. Produced by the both powerful Disney and Pixar with amazing graphics and a nice story, I am not surprised that this movie won the Oscar.

In the Ocean, we see Marlin and Coral, a couple of clown fish that are very happy to have kids. But when both Marlin and Coral needs to hide from their predator, Coral stays so worried with the eggs that runs out of their shelter to save them. But the worst happens, and Coral and the eggs are all consumed by the predator. Marlin is devastate, when he sees one little egg that wasn't taken away. He decides to call him 'Nemo'and take care very well of the only son that lasted. Time passes, and Nemo needs to go to school and do other stuff, but his father is always forbidding him because of his trauma with Coral and the other sons. When Marlin finally let Nemo go to the school, he is captured by a scuba diver and taken to live in a dentist office's fish tank. Decided to take his son back, Marlin will find other animals that are very funny and different, like Dory, who is always forgetting things, vegetarian sharks and turtles who are surfers.

Cute, adventurous, and really for "all ages"!

Author: lauren_leyden from Australia
8 August 2015

Finding Nemo is a cute, adventurous movie which not only is great for children but entertaining for the parents as well. Finding Nemo is also, surprisingly, quite educational , teaching the Australian East Coast is a subtle manner. There are many funny jokes put in for both children and adults, and the characters are very connected to their target audience (being families). A huge range of emotional depth is shown throughout the film, and Disney has cleverly written and animated this movie to twist what can be considered frightening scenes to be more appropriate for children. I think Finding Nemo is a must see for everyone!

Ellen was also amazing as a voice artist! She created a very memorable and iconic character.

Great Animation/Delightful Characters

Author: Hitchcoc from United States
7 August 2015

Pixar brings it on. This wonderful trip to the bottom of the sea is worth watching again and again. It centers around a misbehaving clownfish who gets himself taken away to a faraway place, with little hope of ever seeing his father again. The characters along the way are priceless, with clever dialogue, quirky sensibilities, and, ultimately, love for one another. The creators were able to capitalize on the innate, somewhat stereotypical, qualities of the individual sea denizens by using some of our current comic geniuses (like Ellen DeGeneres) and make them charming. If you've not seen this, make time. You don't even need the kids.

Pretty Good

Author: madelineschlaman
11 June 2015

This move is very good! It is definitely a great film for the family to watch together before the kids go to bed! You will all get a good laugh out of this film! And if you guys are worried it is absolutely 100% child approved! I also like this film a lot because the personalities of the characters in this film are a lot like the personalities that people we know have! It is a pretty good movie just to sit back laugh, and enjoy what's happening on the screen without having to stay on high-alert for something scary that the children won't like! Again I completely recommend this film for something that a family could watch together!

Useful and Motivation Film

Author: paulo-vitortr from Brazil
21 May 2015

When I saw this film for the first time I was a little boy exploring Disney and Pixar films. I loved "Finding Nemo" because there are no angry, jealous, greedy, or murderous villains as in most traditional Disney animated films. It was just an animation film that used to make me feel a little bit excited. The story is useful for children who thinks that they can do whatever they want without taking consequences. I think we should compare this kind of children with Nemo. And the parents of these children should be compared with Nemo's father because of all the protection that normal families have with their kids. "Finding Nemo" can be a motivation film too. Nemo has a physical disability and he tries to prove that it is not a problem for himself. I think "Finding Nemo" could be a motivation for children who has physical disabilities too.

An Outstanding Movie for All

Author: ehctwin from United States
5 May 2015

"Finding Nemo," is an excellent movie for viewers of all ages. In this movie, three valuable life lessons are shared: 1) parents protect their children because they love and care for them, 2) teamwork is important in being successful, and 3) your differences do not define you. These lessons can apply to viewers of all ages and are presented throughout the course of the movie.

Overall, "Finding Nemo" was nearly flawless. From the outstanding animation, to the talented voices of actors/actresses, to the entertaining jokes and plot, I find this to be one of Disney Pixar's best movies.