IMDb > Finding Nemo (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo More at IMDbPro »

Page 15 of 89: [Prev][10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Entertaining film for the family

Author: Spanner-2 from United States
17 June 2003

The latest effort from Pixar Studios has its charming moments and the typical top flight animation one has come to expect from these guys.. and I enjoyed this story of the fish searching for his missing son more than the overrated "Monsters, Inc." A fun film for the family, though this one doesnt break new ground or really stand out afterwards. GRADE: B+

Four stars **** . Absolutely perfect

Author: Basie (bifftannen26@hotmail.com)
17 June 2003

Four stars. Absolutely perfect. Great for animation. It's 3-D animation is a joy to look at. 3-D animated movies just keep getting better and better. Finding nemo wasn't too corny and filled with annoying songs like most other animated flicks. It had great vocal acting and a lot of funny moments that I found to be a breath of fresh air. Finding nemo, a four star movie that is simply perfect.

Fell for this film hook, line, and sinker!

Author: kb2uoe
16 June 2003

This was my son's first movie. From the moment the film started to the minute the closing credits rolled, he was transfixed. I put my arm around him during the scary parts, it didn't faze him at all (and this is a kid who has NEVER seen anything but PBS).

Maybe it's just a different time. I remember my first movie was 101 Dalmations, and I had nightmares for weeks about the mean lady who was going to kill puppies to make a fur coat!

I found this movie to be entertaining on all levels, and recommend it highly.

Loved this movie

Author: eyrush from USA
16 June 2003

This film deserves an Oscar...Or at least deserves a nomination for an Academy Award. Just when you thought PIXAR couldn't top Monsters Inc. They create this masterpiece. It's amazing how far computer animations can go. It's the most visually stunning animated film ever made and how it touches people. Who knew fish could show so much emotion. I give this film 10 thumbs up if I had them. ;c)

A pleased viewer

Author: tsullivan-3 from New Braunfels, Texas
16 June 2003

I saw the movie as a great way for the whole family to enjoy as another character in the film. What a neat perspective to life. If you have not seen this movie; please do and watch it with a smile on your face and an open heart for a time to laugh and understand what the author is saying.:)

Disney Orphans

Author: burakb from Ann Arbor, MI
16 June 2003

First of all, I loved this movie. Thought everything was well designed and freakin' hilarious. It did lead me to an observation that I find intriguing. Why is it that probably 90% of Disney movies center on characters who are either orphans or have lost one or the other of their parents? Think about it. Name 5 disney movies, and I mean originals (non of those crappy sequels), that have characters with both of their parents. It's tough isn't it? Why does Disney do this? Does it help audiences sympathize with the characters more? I don't know. If I was a parent I might be concerned for my kids. Watching these movies might lead them to believe that their parents are going to die and leave them in the uncapable hands of evil step mothers or something like that. I understand that many families today consist of single parent homes, but many of these movies have scenes or alude to the death of one or both parents. I don't know if anyone has some insight into why this is, but I find it interesting.

What did you expect?

Author: ScooterDoom from NYC, NY

The movie was great!

I took my son to see it last weekend and we loved it.

What did you expect?

Pixar is THE movie studio in the business today. With hits, like Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Monsters, Inc., it had to be great! Right?

Well, it was.

Good Job! 10/10

A Classic!!

Author: ctcsmith from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
15 June 2003

I took my kids (aged 6 and 8)to see this movie this afternoon expecting to spend the next two hours bored at best. At worst, my kids would be as bored as well and I'd be spending that time trying to keep them under control. Not a chance!!! This movie was great--not only for the kids but for me as well! At times, we could barely hear the movie over all the laughing going on in the theatre. I can't wait for this one to come out on DVD. I gave Toy Story an 9/10 but this one was even better. A clear 10/10!!

Once again, Pixar has outdone itself.

Author: zolezbrch
15 June 2003

*May include spoilers but it depends on your outtake of the movie*

8/10. A wonderful tale about a father fish trying to find his son by traveling all the way across the ocean. Nemo, the son, wants to go to school, but his dad, Marlin, is afraid of Nemo being out of his sight. Marlin had a bad experience when a shark came several years earlier, ate his wife, and 399 of his eggs. Though 1 remained, and he promised that he would never let anything happen to Nemo. Back to the present, Nemo gets on a "bus" (stingray) and they go to the drop off point where the open water is. Marlin tracks them, and Nemo gets mad. Then Nemo disobeys his dad by going to this fishing boat, and touching it. Nemo starts back, but he is caught by a diver. Marlin swims after the diver, and then the boat, and then meets this forgetful fish named Dory. Dory is Marlin's companion all the way to Australia, where mishaps occur.

When I first watched the preview of this, I was thinking that this was going to me a horrible, and stupid movie, but was I wrong. The characters were altogether funny, and the actors that played them. Albert Brooks played Marlin, the father of Nemo. He was pretty funny, and was very overprotective of his son. Though the 2 biggest voices that I heard were Ellen who played Dory, and Brad Garrett who played Bloat. First Ellen. She seemed to fit the fish very well because she was altogether funny. It was the script that helped her along, but nevertheless. I think any other voice would have been bad. Now Bloat. I've watched Everybody Loves Raymond only a couple of times, but I recognized Brad Garrett's voice right on the button. He was pretty funny, and especially at the end when the fish from the tank are trying to esacape, and he says, "Now what?"

In the 4 movies that I've watched from Pixar, I've never been disappointed. They have a similar theme, friendship, but it works very well for them. Though their next 2 movies, The Incredibles (2004) and Cars (2005) seem like they will veer off from that current theme. I tried to keep my eyes open for hidden gags and I found one. If you look closely in the Dentist office, on the ground, you'll spot a Buzz Lightyear toy.

I think all ages of people will find this movie enjoying. Once again, Pixar has outdone itself in producing a great movie

Finding More

Author: christofer (chrsantosaccc@hotmail.com) from singapore
15 June 2003

What can I say? It's much better than Toys Story (ok, ok, Toys Story's still nice, but sometimes I think they've pushed it too hard) It's much more heartwarming than Monster, Inc.

From the animation, the visual, the story and the humor, this one exceed them all. I think we indeed got a winner here. I sadly said that Ice Age also get beaten by this one.

Infact, you can find lots more than just a comedy or animated movie, but also the hidden message of love and friendship in not a cheesy style.

Finding Nemo is more than what a family movie suppose to be. It is indeed a treat! All time favorites show for all occasion. Kudos!