IMDb > Finding Nemo (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo More at IMDbPro »

Page 14 of 81: [Prev][9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [Next]

A sweet tale of a fathers journey to find his son

Author: Angelus2 from United Kingdom
31 October 2008

I didn't expect this film to be as funny as it was. But thats what the people at Pixars do, they make a movie designed for children appeal to adults of all ages.

Nemo is a clown fish who decides to explore the ocean and gets caught by a fisherman and now its up to his dad to find him.

I was mesmerised by the special effects Pixars have definitely exceed all expectations and limits, the ocean effects are just mind boggling and will capture the audience straight away, the detail of the ocean is amazing as well as the characters. The actors do a great job in playing the characters, they bring the sadness and joy of what its like being a fish.

I found the fish 'Dory' very lovable who forgets....Brilliant...

Disney magic at its best

Author: Rockford_6 from United States
24 September 2008

Finding Nemo is probably one of the best movies ever produced by Pixar and Walt Disney. It was a hit at the theaters, and also a hit on the DVD release. This two-disc set features the same movie as the original theatrical release, plus lots of extra features. There are extra scenes and deleted scenes, but these are mainly sketches and hence are not included as part of the regular movie. The movie itself is worth buying this set; its bright and flashy with cool visuals and special effects that make it attractive for kids. The soundtrack is considerably different from the traditional classical fair found in Disney's motion length pictures. This movie's soundtrack is laid back and different, but paces well with the action. The voice-overs are great, and the comedy is unique and hilarious. Vegetarian sharks! Fish without memory! Disney takes family entertainment to new heights with this great movie, and I highly recommend it.

Beautiful animation and Ellen is hilarious

Author: daddyo21 from United States
19 August 2008

Finding Nemo is a beautiful work of art. Ellen DeGeneres as Dory is fantastic in this film. The first time I heard Ellen's comedy was a routine that was played on an airplane about bad milk. She has such an interesting, quirky way of looking at the world and the writers of Finding Nemo captured that perfectly in the Dory's character. The animation is gorgeous. The color of the water and the way it changes as the characters swim through it is beautiful. Director Andrew Stanton is hilarious as Crush. What a talented guy. This movie has a great message for parents on good child-rearing and about taking chances and living even when life gives you a a setback like a tiny flipper.

One of Pixar's best work ever

Author: kalendra274 from United Kingdom
2 August 2008

Clown fish Marlin, a single father, who knows the dangers of the sea, has a young son called Nemo. Marlin will stop at nothing to protect Nemo, as he is his only son. But Nemo's first day of school didn't go well, as he and his classmates are going to the Drop Off and Marlin suddenly swims to the rescue. At the Drop Off, Nemo and his friends see a boat in the open sea and they're challenging each other to swim nearer to the boat. But Marlin swims in to the rescue and blames Nemo for what he's done and tells him to come back home. Disobeyed by his son, Marlin shouts at Nemo as he swam on and on to the boat. But suddenly, Nemo is captured in a net by a scuba diver and bring him back to the boat. Shocked that he lost his only son, Marlin chases after the boat - swimming as fast as he can. But the boat was too fast for him. Marlin suddenly bumps in to Dory, a jolly blue fish who has short-term memory lose. Dory offered to help Marlin be reunited with his son. Together, they go on an exciting adventure, full of dangers such as, tackling three sharks, running away from an angry angler fish and trying to get past a swarm of jelly fishes. Meanwhile, Nemo get dumps in a fish tank, full of many other fish, who wants him in their gang, as Nemo faces trying to get himself out of a pipe by himself and swimming through a sack of bubbles, he passed all the tests and joins their gang and gets a new name, which is "Shark Bate". Suddenly, Nemo makes new friends and tells them about him being separated by his father. Dertermined to help him, he and his gang thinks of ideas to help Nemo to see his father again. Don't worry Nemo you're father is coming to the rescue!

Finding Nemo is a true masterpiece, as it shows of a movie of a father and son being separated and the father will stop at nothing to find him. Also, I certainly thought that this epic is a great family film, aimed for all ages, because it's not that sort of movies where it's aimed for only children, teenagers or adults. It's a mixed movie, which visually allows everyone to watch it, no matter what age you are. As an 11-year old, my dad brought this movie on video two years ago, along with "The Lord Of The Rings". Despite the fact, my video player is not officially working, I still wish I could watch this movie again, because it sometimes bring back some memories of me as a young boy.

Albert Brooks and Alexander Gould (as Marlin and Nemo) did some spectacular voice animation, in their role, with great concentration and lots of energy to deliver to the audience. Along with Ellen DeGeneres (Dory) who did an amusing performance playing Dory. Overall, the cast did some wonderful voice animations. The plot was extremely well-presented, completely solid and complex from beginning to end. With not too many characters or plots, just simple and heartwarming. The animation was really colourful and imaginative, with great special effects to make this movie worthwhile.

A great family film. Fun for all ages.

Has the ability to entertain anyone of all ages.

Author: FilmFanInTheHouse from Berkshire, England
27 July 2008

Finding Nemo (2003, Dir. Andrew Stanton)

When his son, Nemo (Gould) is taken from him by a diver, Marlin (Brooks) the clownfish sets off on a journey to rescue him. Together with Dory (DeGeneres), a blue tang fish with short term memory loss, they set off through the oceans, whilst joining a club with sharks, dodging jellyfish and hooking a ride with turtles. Whilst this is happening, Nemo and his new tank friends hatch a plan to escape from their new home.

Pixar has once again mixed the beautiful computer animation with its selection of talented stars. Finding Nemo is a tale which combines all elements to create a wonderfully crafted film which has the ability to entertain anyone of all ages.

First day of school! Wake up! Come on. First day of school. – Nemo (Alexander Gould)

Great animation

Author: anna_6341 from Japan
9 June 2008

This is a light, entertaining movie, and actually one of the best family films.

A clown fish named Marlin loses his young son, Nemo, because he takes the risk of going to the open sea though he hears there are many dangers in the ocean. Nemo is unexpectedly captured by a scuba driver and thrusted in a dentist office's fish tank. Marlin meets an absent-minded fish, Dory, and they travel to rescue Nemo, meeting many troubles. On the other hand, Nemo and his tankmates try to get out of the tank before he becomes the dentist's naughty niece's new pet… Although the genre is an animation, it is not a childish movie. The script is funny and touching. Moreover, the voice performance is amazing. Therefore, if you are not a native speaker, I recommend seeing this movie with subtitled version at first.

A well-deserved success from Pixar, with so much to like!

Author: Electrified_Voltage from Guelph, Ontario, Canada
30 May 2008

As I'm sure you know, Pixar made their feature-length debut with "Toy Story", which turned out to be a huge hit, and without a doubt, they've made a good number of other massively successful movies since then. I went to see a good bunch of films on the silver screen back in 2003, probably more than I ever had in a year before or in any year since, but unfortunately, "Finding Nemo" wasn't one of them. However, I first saw the Pixar hit on DVD in early 2004, and was very impressed! I've seen it more than once since then, and it seems to hold up well.

Marlin and his wife, Coral, are two clown fish who are about to become parents. Sadly, however, a predator soon comes, before their young are born, and knocks Marlin unconscious! When he awakens, he soon discovers that he is now a widower, and only one egg has survived the attack! Marlin names his one surviving offspring Nemo. When Nemo gets older, he starts his first day of school, but not long after he starts, he is caught by a scuba diver and taken away to a fish tank in a dentist's office by a harbour in Sydney, Australia! So, Marlin bravely sets out through the oceans to try and find his son, and soon meets a blue tang named Dory, who suffers from short term memory loss. She joins him on his adventure, and together, they face the dangers of the ocean as they try to make their way to Sydney! Meanwhile, Nemo and the other fish in the tank make plans to somehow escape, before the young clown fish is given to a rough little girl as a present the next time she comes for a check-up!

Some of the humour in this Pixar effort may be more for kids than adults, but this isn't usually the case. There's a lot to amuse adults as well. The last time I watched this film, I found some laughs around the beginning, but wanted more, which was eventually what I got, I think starting with the part where Dory, voiced by comedienne Ellen DeGeneres, comes in, as she is a memorably humorous character. There are other characters who add humour as well, including the seagulls, who say "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!" when they see creatures they want to eat, as well as certain fish in the tank with Nemo, and certain creatures Marlon and Dory meet on their adventure, such as the sharks. Speaking of characters, that's another upside to this film, the characters are usually likable, whether they're funny or not. Another merit is definitely the very colourful and 3-D animation! Last but not least, it's a good story, with a fair amount of excitement, as well as slightly touching moments.

While "Finding Nemo" may not be a perfect family film, I would say it definitely comes close, so it's no surprise that it turned out to be such a big hit! It seems Pixar really knows how to appeal to kids and adults alike, and this effort of theirs does not hide that! The film wasn't around when I was a kid (I was a teenager when it came out), so I'll never know what it's like to see it during childhood, but since it's not strictly for kids, I wasn't too late. Probably for computer animation fans of all ages, there's lot to like, including the things I've mentioned above, as well as maybe other merits which I've failed to mention, though I'm sure others have pointed them out already.

A unique film.

Author: Mightyzebra from Scotland
2 March 2008

This is arguably the most beautiful and most captivating of all the Pixar films to date. It is good for most children because they will like the characters, find it funny and exciting and learn valuable lessons. Adults may like it because of the beauty of the CGI, the characters and the feeling of charm and a different kind of friendship and love in this film. Adults and children may feel sad with love for the film and the characters when catastrophes happen, they may feel happy when there are funny scenes and when something good happens to the characters.

This is one truly magical, beautiful and entertaining film, possessing few flaws and just about every quality an animated film should possess.

The storyline of the film is exciting and captivating - also funny. It starts sadly, when a mate of a clownfish dies, Coral, the mate of Marlin. All of their eggs are also eaten - save one egg. Marlin calls the little fish inside (the name that Coral wanted to give one of their babies) Nemo. A few fish years later, Nemo is ready to go to school, but Marlin is an incredibly protective father and is not so sure. Despite his worries, he lets the eager Nemo go to school, but is still cautious. It turns out he has a right to be - when Nemo is captured by divers! Marlin does the unthinkable, he goes out into the open ocean to find his son - encountering dangers and a new friend (Dory) on the way...

Good for just about everyone. I hope you enjoy "Finding Nemo", whoever you are!

Overrated But Nice Children Movie(SPOILERS)

Author: I_Am_The_Taylrus from Minnesota
14 February 2007

SPOILERS

I am not the biggest fan of computer-animated movies. In fact, I think most of them are overrated. My favorite is probably the Incredibles. That is good. This, however, is overrated. I really like Albert Brook's work, but this is probably One of his more overrated movies. He did a terrific performance as a clown fish, though. I just do not think that this is his best movie that he had starred in. The plot is simple, but some things in this movie are cheesy and lame.

Here is the plot. A clown fish only has one child after another fish ate his wife and his egg children. Then, the last fish named Nemo is captured by a boat and taken to a tank in a dentist office. If he does not get out soon he will get killed by the psycho child. She even has her own Psycho music. The dad and a fish with short term memory loss have to try to get Nemo back. They go through difficulties. For one thing, they are eaten by a whale shark, they get attacked by jellyfish, and they are attacked an angler-fish. They eventually do get Nemo back from a pipe.

Overall, this is a film that young children will enjoy, but I do not think this film is the best computer-animated or Pixar film. This is an average one to say the least. The acting is good, though. Plus, the computer-animation is spectacular and pleasing to the eye, which is good for me since I have seen so many scratchy and grainy silent films. The effects are not all good, though. Some of the colors are so vivid you will temporarily go blind. Anyway, this is an average and overrated Pixar film, but it is enjoyable to watch at least once in your life nonetheless.

Recommended Films: Cars, Toy Story, and the Incredibles.

Acting great, movie not so much at times

Author: stevenmelgar from United States
3 February 2007

The vocal talents in this film are great. I love the way Ellen DeGeneres portrayed Dory. Perfect actress. I find that, at times, the only thing keeping the movie funny is Dory. I found the plot strong but the execution weak in places. I like the movie and I've watched it a few times, but it's not a movie I'd watch over and over. It was a big hit and it'll be around for a while.

I was disappointed in the way that the director chose to portray several scenes. A couple of scenes (or animated motions) are repeated in the exact same way throughout the film. If the script calls for the same text to be repeated, it's okay to repeat it, just don't repeat the entire animation.