IMDb > Biwi O Biwi (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Biwi O Biwi More at IMDbPro »

Great comedy movie

Author: Majid Khan
22 June 2005

I recently saw the DVD version of this movie. It has a commentary by Randhir Kapoor where he talks a bit about the making of the movie, how they designed the special car. overall a fantastic movie and each character plays his role to perfection. One of the best Bollywood slapstick comedies. The key characters are Randhir Kapoor trying to find a bride, Poonam Dhillon who plays the daughter of a retired army general (Sanjeev Kumar) and Rajendranath who plays a total buffoon to perfection. Sanjeev Kumar also plays a double role that of a conman. For those who have not watched it go out there and watch and is much better than the current movies (most of which are copied from Hollywood movies).

A good movie with laughter and good music!

Author: Yellow_Spider from Belgium
30 March 2005

Chandra's (Randhir Kapoor) mission in life is to get married but the dominating influence of Mars in his horoscope has made this task a difficult one. Through his friend, Gafoor (Deven Verma), Chandra gets a job in a theater where his stage performance attracts the attention of Asha (Poonam Dhillon), who promptly falls in love with him. But the obstacle in this path of true love is Asha's father, Colonel Mangal Singh (Sanjeev Kumar), a retired army officer, who will never allow his daughter to marry a civilian and has plans for Asha to marry the son of his friend, Colonel Hari. So off he goes to Kashmir to fix the alliance with Captain, but not before Asha pours out her predicament to him. A sympathetic Captain agrees to "refuse" to marry Asha and lets Chandra masquerade as him. What follows is a rip-roaring comedy of errors full of mistaken identities, impersonations and delightful subterfuges. Biwi O Biwi marked Rahul Rawail's debut as a director and Randhir Kapoor's return to Hindi films after a long gap of 5 years. "Paise Ka Khel Nirala" was the last song Mohd. Rafi sang for Sanjeev Kumar, ending a very long and melodious association. The film's music composed by R.D. Burman has other delightful numbers like "Gori Ya Kaali Ho Ya Nakhrewaali Ho", "Sadiyon Se Duniya Mein" and "Meri Bulbul Yun Na Ho Gul".I give 10/10.

A Childhood Favorite!

Author: nomanali77 from United Arab Emirates
7 March 2006

I first watched this film back in the early 90's. i was around 14 or 15 and it tickled me crazy. And since then I have loved it as it continues to entertain on each viewing. The story is really unbelievable and ridiculous, but that exactly is its selling point. To take an inane storyline, over-the-top characters and really unique dialog and make it into a crazy film, that too back in the early 80's.

Few people manage to do it today, that is make an out and out comedy film. A good example more recently would be Andaz Apna Apna that is equally crazy and funny, although I have noticed that there are certain dialogs in AAA that are inspired by BOB. Off the top of my head, I can remember the part in BOB when Gafoor says some poem/couplet (Sher) about angoor and langoor, and Veer Singh asks him how dare he call "memsaab" a langoor. A similar line was used in AAA when Amar dresses up as an old man and takes away Raveena on a horse cart, while Prem runs behind them.

Anyways, I don't much fancy any other of the director's work... except maybe Arjun, which was one of his better works.