IMDb > The 64th Annual Academy Awards (1992) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The 64th Annual Academy Awards (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Alright year

Author: duckmanfanatic from United States
16 June 2007

I'm glad this year that "Silence of the Lambs" won the Oscar for Best Picture. But I wonder what it would've been like if "Beauty and the Beast" had won. I am so glad that Anthony Hopkins won the Oscar for Best Actor, he deserved it big time like Kathy Bates deserved hers a year before. I think the musical performances during the show were pretty good. The musical segment of Beauty and the Beast, Be Our Guest, and Belle were each good with their own clever way. This year may not have been the best, but it was still worth the winners. I'm glad that Jodie Foster won Best Actress and Alan Menkin won for his musical score of "Beauty and the Beast".

Upsets all around this year!!

Author: SkippyDevereaux from Parkersburg, West Virginia
8 November 2001

This is the year of "Silence of the Lambs", and by winning Best Picture, pulled an upset over "The Prince of Tides" and "Bugsy". I was happy with "Silence" winning, but secretly was hoping for "Beauty and the Beast" to win!! Also, it was thrilling to see Anthony Hopkins win over Warren Beatty (whoever said this guy could act????) and Nick Nolte. I also remember Barbra Streisand's awful hair that year. Crimped!! And at her age!! LOL.