IMDb > WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role (2000) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role (VG) More at IMDbPro »

The game is now better than ever!!!

Author: cheeseboy80
17 February 2001

This game is much better than the first Smackdown. There's more characters to choose from. Don't be mad, when you can't select Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's in it as a hidden character. Big Show is also in it, believe it or not. But he's not playable. Sometimes when you play an Royal Rumble match, Big Show sometimes come in and fight. It happen to me once. The "Create a superstar" mode is better than ever.

I give this game 9 out of 10

Best WWF game for the Playstation. It's true, it's true.

Author: Michael Pilkington (mjpilkington@yahoo.com) from Richmond, CA
25 July 2001

The latest WWF game is the best in the lot, but unfortunately the last for the original Playstation. "WWF Smackdown! 2" is pretty much the same as the original, but with more added features.

There are more wrestlers than the last game. New superstars include Lita, Tazz, Kurt Angle (our Olympic hero), Chris Benoit, Rikishi (and his trademark move), Essa Riós, Scotty Too Hotty, Grandmaster Sexay, and Eddie Guerrero and many more. Regular superstars are back as well, including The Rock, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin (he needs to be unlocked before playing as him), The Undertaker, Kane, Chris Jericho, Triple H, and Chyna. Some of the superstars that didn't make in the last game are in this one as well. Mick Foley is also in this game with his new look and so are his alter-egos, Mankind and Cactus Jack.

There are many hidden features that need to be unlocked. As you progress through 'Season' mode, features such as superstars, special matches, moves, and other items can be unlocked.

The 'Create A Superstar' mode is better than ever. You can create up to ten superstars and make them as detailed as you like and give them unlimited amount of moves as well. 'Create A Stable' allow you to form a group and assign at least four superstars to it. 'Create A Taunt' allow you to create your own gestures.

More matches are included as well, most of them unlockable. They include TLC (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs. Oh, my!), Slobberknocker (How many wrestlers can you beat in ten minutes?), Special Referee (there can be two refs as well) and more.

Only complaint: There's still no commentary. Rumor has it that it will be resolved in the next game, but it's for the Playstation 2.

My evaluation: 10 out of 10

My 2nd Favorite Game In The Series, It's Much Improved Over The 1st, With Much Better Story lines

Author: callanvass
9 December 2005

This is my 2nd favorite game in the series, it's much improved over the 1st, with much better story lines. Like the 1st Smackdown, i usually used Stone Cold and The Rock almost every time, and the season storyline is so much better!, plus the effects seemed to be better too. I still play this one quite often as it's still a blast to play!, plus You actually get to see the full entrances here!. For some reason during the seasons storyline, i liked to simulate the all the matches, as i had a blast with that, and there are some really cool hidden codes you can unlock to get HBK and all the rest!, plus i have great memories of playing this with my friends every day when i came home from school, and i played it non stop on the weekends!. This is my 2nd favorite game in the series, it's much improved over the 1st, with much better story lines, and if you still have a PS1 or a PS2, and haven't tried this out please do you shouldn't regret it!. ***** out of 5

An awesome game, but the newer wrestling games are better.

Author: The_Light_Triton (Black_triton14@hotmail.com) from In a Chair in my room
6 December 2005

Back in 2000, this game was probably really awesome. my cousin owned it, but for a while, we played it together, every day.

This game puts you in the ring with some of Wrestling's best "superstars". you can do sweet chin music with The heartbreak kid, Shaun Michaels, you can give a stone cold welcome to an opponent with stone cold Steve Austin. you can be a kick-ass girl as Trish stratus. you can also make opponents fear you as the man who went to hell and returned, as the undertaker.

there's also the create-a-wrestler feature, where you make your own character that will either be a crowd favorite or just an anorexic coward.

This game is a perfect mix of heavy metal music, nice graphics, sweet gameplay, and hours and hours of fun.

overall, i give it 10/10

A GREAT GAME OF 2000!

Author: canot67 from Devon, England
14 December 2001

wwf smackdown 2 know your role is the best game of the wrestling games which have come out over the years of playstation for example wwf wrestlemania. The game has loads of superstars such as the rock,hhh and stone cold. the game itself has over 63 different types of matches such as ladder match and the best ever match which everybody loves HELL IN A CELL! ive played most of the wwf games like warzone, attitude and of course smackdown 1 . Ive got smackdown 1 which was good but poor in a way of create a wrestler but smackdown 2 has loads so you can make classic wrestlers from smackdown 1. If you like wrestling and you have smackdown 1 then this the game you should have its big and its mad. my score will be a 9 out of 10 in percentage 95%

Know Your Role

Author: Terryfan from United States
7 June 2010

To my surprise the game came out only few months following WWF Smackdown 1 however WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role earns the right to be in the series.

With Smackdown 2 Know Your Role you get more great fun that Smackdown 1 gave you.

The game shows what a sequel should be. Just as good as the first game in the series.

Smackdown 2 Know Your Role is one of the reasons that Wrestling Fans Played Video Games. The game also has more match types that you can use like the Ladder Match, Hell In A Cell, Table Matches and more

The graphics in Smackdown 2 Know Your Role are just as good as the first game.

The Controls once again don't change the fact that the game is just so much fun.

The Sounds is good with some of the WWF Superstars doing the voice work for the game.

The Game Play is just pure fun that you will spend a lot of time playing this classic game.

Overall WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role shows what a sequel is all about and should be in everyone collection

I give WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role a perfect 10 out of 10