IMDb > "Jackass" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Party Boy rules!

Author: brito-1 from New York, NY
25 October 2002

Jackass is the funniest show ever, that's all I can say. Just see Chris Pontius turn himself into Party Boy at an electronics store and you'll die laughing. If you haven't seen this show yet, or don't plan on seeing the movie, then get a nice big set of pliers and remove the plug from your hinea because you don't know how to laugh. 'Nuff said.

Fear Factor without the fear

Author: PeteRoy from Tel-Aviv, Israel
12 November 2003

Johnny Knoxville and his friends show no fear in all the hilarious stuff they do in this show.

Some of the stunts they do are more dangerous and nasty than what you see in "Fear Factor".

Like would you agree to be in a public street plastic toilet while it being taken upside down and all the "material" in it goes down on you? Johnny Knoxville did it.

And there's that scene where Johnny Knoxville puts protection against fire and then puts meat on him and becomes the human grill.

And where they put him in front of a very scary bull that chases him.

Good laugh for open spirit people.

"Jackass" is probably the most retarded TV show EVER.

Author: sundaygirl285 from Maryland
7 November 2000

"Jackass" is probably the most retarded TV show EVER...but I love it. I'm sorry, but the first time I saw it, I was laughing out loud at what these freaks were doing. Turning a porta-potty upside down with someone inside, diving in a sewage/c*** tank, driving 8 hours to a town called Mianus, beating the c*** out of your dad, mowing the lawn naked, putting a fake baby inside a car seat and sitting on the roof the car and driving away, just to see peoples reaction, is absolutally stupid, and makes these people live up to the title. But I love it, its funny, and sick, and retarded.

WARNING: DANGER AHEAD

Author: stu-22 from Johnny Knoxville, United States of America
21 November 2000

JACKASS is the most brilliant and idiotic show on television. It's the kind of genius idea one gets while they're half-baked. The best characters are "Night Monkey" (Chris Pontius) and "Danger Ehren" (Ehren McGheyey). sure people will imitate the things done on here, especially the c**p done by Bam Margera, Brandon Dicamillio, and Ryan Dunn (pushing shopping carts into curbs, jumping off roofs with umbrellas and into bushes, BMX jousting), but that's their own decision. There's plenty of disclaimers calling you a dumbass if you do this stuff. That doesn't mean you have to obey them though, just don't imitate the stuff that could get you killed (Human Barbecue, Alligatorama, Self-Defense). Being a dumbass can be fun. Being a JACKASS is something holy.

Oh dear god......

Author: Davis P from United States
28 December 2015

This reality television series is just painful to try to watch. Every episode is just a bunch of juvenile idiots performing a bunch of crude and insanely wild stunts. Some of the stunts honestly had me gagging and about to throw up because they were just so disgusting. This show is most definitely not for the weak stomached! Steve-O, Johnny Knoxville, and Chris Pontius are all clearly certifiable in this TV show 😂. And I DO NOT think this show is funny at all, it's really just difficult to watch and get through an episode. I will say this, Steve-O was kinda sexy in his speedo, I will give the show that, but that's really the ONLY part of Jackass I enjoyed, the rest is just stupid, gross, cringe worthy stunts and pranks performed by this crazy group of men. 2/10 for Jackass, because of the speedo party boy segment, only reason I didn't give it a 1/10.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

Author: DrZoidbfarb from United States
26 December 2006

"Jackass" is, to say the least, an outstanding achievement. Most television (before the reality craze) is carefully crafted, written and rewritten to the point of insanity on the part of all involved, then exhaustive searches for the actors take place, and all this without a guarantee of ever making it to air.

And then there's "Jackass". A group of twenty-somethings (now thirty-somethings) who make idiots out of themselves just by inflicting pain or dancing around in a man thong. It may not sound like much, but this is highly entertaining television. Its now spawned a number of imitators (although a fan of said shows will always tell you that *insert shows name* came before Jackass and that its so extreme it makes the Jackass guys look like girly men), but not one would have ever made it to air if it weren't for "Jackass" nor are the entertainers nearly as charming and funny as the "Jackass" crew. "'Ass" has always maintained the perfect balance of extreme stunts AND very funny practical jokes on the unsuspecting public, while imitators only focus on stunts.

Although some of the stunts from the show may not seem that extreme compared to the two Jackass films, I still highly recommend checking out "Jackass: The Boxed Set" for a quick, mindless laugh.

My Favorite Show!!!!!!!!!

Author: Bridget Soper (lamish) from Massachusetts, USA
9 October 2004

This is my favorite show ever! The stunts and jokes that they perform are so original. Although it was very simple and short, one of the best things I think they did was when they had Chris Pontius dress up in a bunny suit and close him fingers in the subway door. They did this because there was a warning sticker inside the subway which illustrated a bunny closing him fingers in the door. I try to catch old episodes of JACKASS on MTV every chance I get. Wildboyz and Viva La Bam are okay, but definitely not as good as JACKASS. Johnny Knoxville adds a special tought that no one else can add. The problem with Viva La Bam is that it is just too much of the same thing, skating, torturing him patents, etc., sure it was funny at first , but you can't have three seasons of that. Wildboyz on the other hand, is a little bit better than Viva La Bam. It brings the same screen presence as jackass with the silliness of the stunts (I.E. the hilarious nudity). ALL IN ALL I'D GIVE JACKASS 10/10 STARS, WILDBOYZ 8/10 STARS, AND VIVA LA BAM A MEASILY 2/10 STARS.

This is the funniest show ever made!!

Author: Mike-2000 from Beutiful Mianus!!
27 November 2000

"Jacka--" is, without a doubt, the funniest show ever created! I love the crap jokes. My friends and I talk about this show all the time. This show is better than the Tom Green show (Which people think Jack--- resembles). Mtv, whatever you do, do NOT cancel this show. This is the funniest show ever made!

Rating: A+

I have never laughed so hard in my life

Author: Shaun Scanlon from United Kingdom
27 August 2006

When i purchased this Box set, i didn't know what to expect, i only saw the opening scene of Jackass: The Movie. I thought there would be a lot of vomiting and filthy stunts. I was right. But their was a lot of absolutely funny stunts. My favourite stunt is the BMX Joust in Volume 1. That stunt includes my favourite quote "Bam you will feel a lot of my lance, in your ass". There's a lot of pain in it, especially for Johnny Knoxville. My only disappointment in the box set is that there is a lot of pointless stunts such as the sexercise bike, Wee-man doing the "Wee Hand" (he just shows you his hand) Johnny Knoxville and Co. really need to make more of Jackass TV shows. After "Jackass: Number Two" they should concentrate on Making a few more volumes of Jackass.

An excellent show, one of my all time favorites!

Author: Thomas_1990 from Finland
26 July 2006

This show is awesome! The cast perform crazy stunts like poo cocktail, poo diving and eating eggs. In almost every stunt someone gets hurt, and that makes me laugh very much. My favorite characters are Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera and Chris Pontius. He has a cool "stunt", or can we call it a stunt? Anyway he goes to a shop and music starts to play. He takes of almost all of his clothes and starts to dance, then he says to the salesman; "I like partying, this music makes me party." or something like that. Pontius got his nickname from that "stunt", Partyboy.

Anyway Jackass is an excellent show and it's fun to watch when someone gets hurt or gets embarrassed by someone. This is entertainment, and Jackass is a good example of entertainment. But please, DON'T TRY THOSE STUNTS AT HOME. DON'T TRY THOSE STUNTS ANYWHERE ELSE EITHER.

I give this show 9 out of 10.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]