IMDb > More Than Puppy Love (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

More Than Puppy Love More at IMDbPro »

Sweet little family film with the right message for kids

Author: df7881 from United States
16 September 2009

More Than Puppy Love is a wonderful little family film that I recently watched with a group of 6- 8 year old children. The story is about a little girl who has to give up her golden retriever so he can be trained as a service dog to help a man who is paralyzed from falling off a building. The movie has such a great message for kids, about sometimes in life you have to give up the things that you love, and goodbyes are not forever. The acting and the camera work in the movie are not the greatest, except for Diane Ladd who plays this wacky aunt, however it did not bother the kids, they immediately wanted to watch it again, because they loved the dogs and the story.

Thought it was an infomercial

Author: rpaquin1277 from United States
31 December 2006

I was flipping channels today and came across this movie. I stopped for about 10 minutes and figured that it must be an infomercial. After some further flipping I went back and it was still there. I had to see what this strange thing was, and found it in the local listing.

This may just be the worst movie ever made. Each scene lasts less than a minute. It looks like it was shot on someones home camcorder. The dialog sounds like, well, a commercial! The closest thing that I could relate it to would be a daytime soap only not sexy.

If this were an infomercial for the KSDS then I would say, "bravo! great public service announcement." But, unfortunately, it appears to be a film.