IMDb > Goldie and Liza Together (1980) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Goldie and Liza Together (TV) More at IMDbPro »

one of the best variety specials ever

Author: SkippyDevereaux from Parkersburg, West Virginia
22 November 2000

I really loved this special when it was shown on CBS. What really sticks out in my mind was the segment on the Broadway musical, "Chicago", which was done very well and also the dramatic segment about two close friends watching their friendship disintegrate over a man. Too bad it did not win the Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety or Music Program, but that year, there were 5 worthy nominees and since only one could win, the cards fell in another direction. But still, if they ever show this again, which I doubt, watch it as it is very good.

I Have This Show

Author: Daniel Selby from United States
24 September 2007

I taped this on VHS many years ago, but missed the first two seconds. This is an excellent show. I love the recording studio skit where Goldie does not know how to act during a recording session and causes many retakes with Liza. The thing is Goldie released a solo LP titled "Goldie" in 1972 and is a very good singer. It would be nice to have this on a studio released DVD (other than the copy I made for myself on DVD!) The music and the costumes as well as the production values make this an excellent quality program. I believe this was aired originally in early 1980. I recall watching it and thinking it should win an Emmy for best variety special. All in all a very well done, thought out program!

A good show

Author: mark01970_1999 from United States
10 January 2006

Well, being a BIG Goldie fan, I have to say I really enjoyed this special. It really showed a lot more talent than I had even realized for Goldie. I knew that Liza could sing and dance of course, and I knew that Goldie did a little singing and dancing but I had not really seen her engage so heavily in these areas before this show. Both ladies were great. I would definitely see this again if it were on, but I doubt it will be. One could sum the show up as a sort of one-off variety special. There were skits, musical numbers and that sort of thing. These two beautiful woman played well with and off of each other. Liza, as usual, proved herself to be a consummate entertainer. I believe, at this point, they were both at the peak of their talents with this show. I love Goldie!