IMDb > "Sheena" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Sheena" More at IMDbPro »

Sheena 2000-2002

Author: what_a_croc from United States
30 April 2006

I watched this show at night and thought it was pretty cool.You have Sheena (Gena Lee Nolin)who can morph into animals.Shes tough,not an air head acting tough like others(Pamela Anderson).I use to watch Tarzan with my grandma and this was just as entertaining,actually more.You also had that thought of wanting to see Sheena and Cutter (John Allen Nelson)let down their guard and become a couple.I would like to see this show turn into a movie.On the big screen the action,morphing,and characters would really work!!This was an hour long show and was entertaining from start to finish.i wish they had brought in more animals like the chimp they were suppose to.Animals can make things so funny.the cast was strong and it felt to me they all had that chemistry.

fun series!

Author: VicCasey from United States
28 May 2005

Sheena has been entertaining us for close to 70 years now, but you wouldn't know it to look at her. She still looks as beautiful and sexy as ever! I'm a major fan of the Queen of the Jungle and I've enjoyed her in various incarnations over the years. I've had a ball collecting and following Sheena's adventures from the pulps, comic books, the big screen, and on TV. My favorite actress in the role of Sheena is Irish McCalla, but I've enjoyed Tanya Roberts and Gina Lee Nolan too. Gina was radiant and extremely likable as Sheena. I had a fantastic time watching this show each week. Sheena always provided enjoyable escapism. I hope they release the series on DVD.

good for a laugh

Author: MichaelM24 from California
17 July 2001

SHEENA is just another entry in the trend of low-budget fantasy/adventure shows. Not much in the way of acting or story, and with weak special effects. Gena Lee Nolin is not a very good actress, but does a damn fine job looking hot, that's for sure. But the problem with this is that it's painfully obvious that a jungle girl would not look anything like Nolin. She'd look more like Janet Reno!

I'm having fun watching Cutter

Author: Karfmusic (Karfmusic@aol.com)
20 August 2001

When I first saw this show, I was surfing the channels and stopped when I saw these two people having a conversation at what looked like the front of a bar. One was a grizzly-looking fellow, but the other one really caught my eye: about the best-looking guy I've ever seen. But it wasn't just his looks.....he was exchanging quips with the bearded guy, and his light-hearted, sardonic sense of humor made me laugh.I love it when a guy can make me laugh. Found out his name was Cutter. Thought I'd watch the rest of the show and found out it was pretty good. Since then I've been watching it weekly.It's exciting and I like the snail-paced romance growing between the two leads.

Not bad for late night tv!

Author: Phil Reese from Maryland
10 March 2001

I caught this show on during the wee hours of the night one weekend, and now make it a point to watch it as much as I can. The show takes place in Africa, and even though it is obvious that it is really filmed on a soundstage, the show has a good amount of variety in sets. The two male leads have a really nice chemistry and play off the supporting cast pretty well. Geena Lee Nolin is nice to look at, although she is a little boring. Did I mention she was nice to look at? I recommend this show solely on her wardrobe, and is still a very competent show otherwise. Check it out!

Smart, heroic and she cares about people.

Author: SanDiego from san diego, ca
4 June 2001

The actress who plays Sheena was on Baywatch for a little bit, but I like her a lot better as Sheena. She is very smart and heroic. I don't care for her clothes though, they are very shaggy and bulky looking, like bags. She reminds me of Veronica on the TV show The Lost World, though Veronica has a better looking costume. I think both characters are more realistic than Xena (I really love Xena though), but Sheena definately lives on our planet and in our time. The show is very exciting with interesting characters. I think I would like to have Sheena's job when I grow up because I love animals and would like to save the planet like she does, but I would rather wear Veronica's clothes. I would like to be Sheena's friend and I think it would be neat to meet her. She really cares about the people she helps. I think the show is very good for all members of the family to watch because it is teaches good things, but it does have violence that some people may not like. My favorite shows are Sheena, The Lost World, Xena, VIP, Jack of All Trades, Hercules, Young Hercules, Buffy, and Cleopatra 2525 (kind of lame acting though). These are great shows. I don't like Angel or Dark Angel because they are too dark.

This is a pretty good TV show nice action in pretty good acting

Author: dgaither89 from USA
11 February 2017

I remember when Sheena first came on TV unlike most of the reviews Sheena did not come on late at night where I live she came on around 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday I didn't see too many of the show when it first came on in 2000 and 2001 I was working a lot of Saturday's back then. Hi just thought it watches Sheena again recently as it comes on one o'clock in the afternoon on the network channel Heroes & icons and I still like it the show is really good the acting is pretty good in the stories are really really good better than average. I don't know what most of these viewers one from the show it is just an hour long TV show and I do pretty good with the budget they are given. I do recommend this TV show this is the third Cena that's been on TV or should I say the third Sheena the first Sheena show was done back in the late 1950s then there was that Sheena Queen of the Jungle movie back in the mid-eighties that movie was pure garbage. This Sheena show Hawkins back to the original Sheena of the 1950s a smart strong independent jungle woman. If you never seen this show give it a good watch don't take it so seriously sit back for an hour and enjoy the ride.

Gena Lee vs. Tanya

Author: RavenGlamDVDCollector from South Africa
1 May 2014

Fresh from my review of the 1984 movie, let me now pitch in on the 2000 TV series. First off, and DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME ANY DIFFERENT :) Gena Lee Nolin was physically at her ultimate drop- dead gorgeous best in BAYWATCH a whole lot of moons earlier, and though she of course still looked great, SHEENA the TV series really should have been filmed then. And I agree with the young reviewer who spoke out about Sheena's baggy clothes. As this is absolutely pure escapism, we really should have had a better-dressed (!!) Sheena. I found Sheena's supernatural powers, however innovative an idea, way too much to take. Observe the original idea, little white cute kid girl gets lost in Africa years ago, adopted by tribe who sees her as realization of prophesy, grows up to be a regal queen, but where does the alien abilities come from? Okay, so don't let the facts get into the way of a good yarn, but really! they messed with an original classic!

I'd also complain that Gena often looked too sulky. Both actresses played Sheena in a not-too-approachable way, and the plot does call for it at times, but, gee, lighten up a bit!

Please bear in mind I've not gotten around to the Second Season yet. And my first season set, that Spanish one, fortunately with English soundtrack available, has the episodes in the wrong order, and names of episodes in Spanish only. So I saw it all at times slightly out of context. But there's something missing all the time. I can't exactly say what, but it sure needs a bit more Hollywood magic than it has.

Late Night Offering...

Author: xavierPoulain from United States
23 June 2013

Sheena, with Gena Lee Nolin, John Allen Nelson, and Margo Moorer, was a great late night show of the early decade. Being a remake of a short- lived 50s action TV show, and produced by Stephen Sears, who was a producer of Baywatch, to which Nelson and Nolin were stars, comes along the female Tarzanesque storyline. Nolin is the Tarzan, who is dedicated to preserving nature and respecting the culture to which Western has invaded. Nelson is the Westerner who is quite the cynic, only out for himself business wise and personal wise as well, but one has to wonder what purposes he serves. Both Nolin and Nelson show off skin, but the majority of the time, Nelson's only primary purpose seems to either be the cynic, or somehow manage to get shirtless before the show ends. Sufficient eye candy aside, one has to wonder if the plot truly develops or if its just Baywatch in the jungle at one a.m. Where people are barely conscious to pay attention and the script shows it. Clearly, Nolin's purpose is defined, but not really going anywhere. Nelson is just better off walking around shirtless than to wear clothes at all and pretend to have a purpose. Overall, 3 stars.

Very Pretty Sawdust

Author: epicintron from United States
5 November 2016

Wow! Bad acting, questionable costumes, poorly written. Characters are cardboard cutouts that move. However, there are more black actors in this 2001 television show than in the whole entertainment industry that year. But hey, did the heroine have to be so blond? I'd never seen it when it was on, but I'm watching it now (winter, 2016) on an off-beat channel on a sunny Saturday in the afternoon. It's hilarious. Although, I'm not sure it's supposed to be. Never saw Baywatch either, except for those promotional shots of Pamela Anderson's bouncing boobs as she ran across the sand. I can certainly see how the two shows were produced by the same studio. I must say, the film quality and color are very good. It's like eating an attractive dessert that tastes like sawdust. Edgar Rice Burroughs would cringe at what he'd spawned--or maybe not.