Film of this concert

Author: Debbie-live from United Kingdom
11 July 2012

Does anyone know if there is any video footage of this concert available? I went with three friends and remember it as being fabulous! Artists which stood out for me were George Michael, Paul McCartney and Phil Collins. My recollection is that we were standing up and dancing all night and it was a truly memorable evening. I guess compared to today's slick and technically brilliant concerts it would seem a bit dated but at the time it was amazing!

We had seats way up high but I remember the great performers who were obviously 'top of the pops' at the time. I would love to find any coverage of the event if indeed any exists. Can anyone out there help?

I also seem to remember going onto a night club on the Thames called Barbarellas? Does anyone know if this is still in existence?

Thanks in anticipation!

Debbie

A great pop gathering. WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

Author: templer_doom (templer_doom@yahoo.co.uk)
5 October 2003

The Prince's Trust celebrated it's 10th anniversary in 1986 with a concert at Wembley Arena attended by the then Prince and Princess of Wales. It is a more of a curiosity concert now in light of the fact that most of the stars and groups on show have either split up, moved on, or have shuffled off this planet (Stuart Adamson committed suicide years later) Inevitably, the performances are some of the big names at the time, for example, Suzanne Vega and Level 42 were top ten in England and Mark Knopfler was riding high post-BROTHERS IN ARMS with Dire Straits. Tina Turner and Eric Clapton duetted on TEARING US APART (from Clapton's 1986 album AUGUST), George Michael and Paul Young sang EVERYTIME YOU GO AWAY (simply because Michael didn't know any other song) and the concert culminates in Paul McCartney singing LONG TALL SALLY, I SAW HER STANDING THERE and GET BACK with Tina Turner.

Professionally done with some good music to boot, THE PRINCES TRUST BIRTHDAY PARTY is more of interest now to fans of the decade.