IMDb > Tahkhana (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tahkhana More at IMDbPro »

Nothing more than a damp squib!

Author: khayaal_e_yaar from Port Blair
20 March 2011

Recently I watched 'Tahkhana' and would like pass my opinion about the same. 'Tahkhana' means 'dungeon' and that's the resting place of a pale-eyed, swollen-n-rotten-faced monster. The storyline is weak, with several unwanted characters that torment the viewers brutally. Then their are hopeless stars like Rajindernath and Huma Khan, who fail to create an oasis in this far stretched desert. The movie could have been better if it were lessened by an hour. Unfortunately, during 80's it was a custom to make long movies and all the movie-makers were concerned more about time than viewer's patience. Kamran Rizvi has failed as a hero as most of the times he relies on his sidekick Hemant Birje to face the enemies.

Since many sub-plots are interlaced, they all tend to kill the real spirit of movie. For example, the plot of Kamran Rizvi and Aarti Gupta, Hemant Birje and Priti Sapru, Imtiaz Khan and his confederates, The story of two sisters who separated during childhood, Imtiaz Khan's rape story, and Punit Issar and his plot. So where are we heading? There is virtually no space left for horror and the monster seems to be the most wanted character all the times. When the movie started I began giggling but as the movie progressed my giggles turned into loud hysterical laughter. Believe me, if you haven't watched it yet, you're lucky. There is nothing in the movie that has the ability to impress the viewers. Some dialog deliveries seem very foolish and comedic spell by Rajindernath is torturous to its best.

The star cast is mostly borrowed from other Ramsay hits but they weren't any better than puppets performing at the stale and awkward story line. I would give this flick 4/10, and those 4 points totally go to the monster.

Ha ha hee hee ho ho

Author: Liakot Ali from London
27 July 2008

I remember my elder brother rented this movie out when i was about 7 years old and i saw it the first time. At first i thought wow what a great movie and that Bollywood can do horror movies. After watching it yesterday at a friends house who happens to own this, i thought wow. Wow, as in how could i ever like this film. Too be fair, for a 1985 movie it is quite good with a few entertaining scenes. The storyline is too long and unnecessary at times. The monster of the film is a black magic expert 25 years ago which was alright. But then the storyline goes all wrong when the two sisters who were separated at birth try to re unite. But it goes all wrong when one of them gets raped and murdered. The rapist some how finds the sister who is looking for her sister because of their fathers treasure. Anyway the point being, is that this film is boring. Its only fun when the monster appears. The actors are terrible.