IMDb > .45 (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 8 of 8: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

hard hitting drama

Author: jorgedanieljdn from United States
25 December 2006

Milla Jovovich has never been better. The movie is hard hitting and funny. It reminded me of Cassavetes directing style and early Scorcesse. All the actors give good performances and the first time I've seen Sarah Starage and now I am a fan!! Great job! The supporting cast delivers. Stephen Dorf is back! He is a really wonderful actor and shines in this film. The women who play the mothers are perfectly cast. Funny and gritty.

Aisha Tyler surprised me with her performance. Never seen her like that before. Production values are good and the film is shot well. Go see it.

Terribly poor, raw, rude and brutally indecent

Author: denis888 from Russian Federation
6 March 2007

I fell sorry for the director, Mr. Lennon, who did this film. He simply failed. A seemingly good script was hopelessly spoiled by the bad work. And, man, why of earth has it become cool all of a sudden to make films with tons of swear words, full frontal nudity and too much blood? I am not preaching. I only say this film should be rated as RRR and XX for its blatant overuse of nude scenes (totally inappropriate), its vulgar language (too many foul words, in and out of time), and finally, its sheer brutality. It leaves you with a very heavy heart and empty mind. Blank page. Milla Jovovich was never worse than in this film. Her play is thin, generic and in best times, just pitiful. Her nudity is unnecessary and her tragedy never convinces. The film passes by like any bad Tarantino's work or any Milla's soulless ditty. I felt pity, pain and fear for those kids who could watch this ferocious film, with drunken husband, beaten wife, lesbian policewoman, slack friends and empty ideas. What the film does not certainly offer is the main idea. It is just blank. Do not watch it and do not show it to any kids. Badly done...

Page 8 of 8: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]