IMDb > Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

this movie shows the journey of life of the seventh incarnation of lord Vishnu - Ram

Author: Miag_div from India
15 October 2005

it is the most beautiful movie created till today . I appreciate the efforts of the director Mr. Yugo Sako to have done such a lot of research. The songs are heart rending. It is a movie to be viewed by anyone who is really interested in Ramayana. Hats Off to all who contributed in making this movie. The characters are portrayed very beautifully . The best part is every detail of the original Valmiki Ramayana has been shown which also makes it very informative. Also the songs make the whole aspect of the movie complete and provide entertainment. I specially like the music which has been composed by Mr. Vanraj Batia and the lyrics of the songs are very meaningful although they are is Sanskrit. Only flaw is that , Ram was a very powerful personality and that is why people used to like him . So ram's character should have been portrayed in a better way. But never mind that I like the efforts put in to make such a great movie. The best part is a Japanese Person made a movie on an Indian mythology!!

EPIC at its Best

Author: deepakyadavhp from New Delhi, India
26 October 2012

I was 11 or 12 when i first watch this movie on TV.

And i was like WOW. i have already watched the Ramayana series by Ramanand Sagar which is an epic, but it had told the story in a number of episodes... while here we got the main story of prince Rama in 170 minute, although it didn't cover the whole epic but it still amazes me.the voice over actors did their best especially Amrish Puri, He had done some very memorable villainous roles in some of the best Hindi movies and i think its one of them. While Arun Govil has Played Rama in Ramamnand Sagar's Ramayana that's why his voice seems very original to me and to many of the other people who has seen the TV series.

And now if we talk about the animation...its marvelous if we compare it with the time it was produced and especially in India. where there is no animation movie been release before. this movie has give me some best memories of my life.that is why i still remembers it. And i m 19 years old now.