IMDb > Paid in Full (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Paid in Full

Paid in Full More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

Best "Hood" Movie To Date!!- Tops MenaceII,Boys,Juice et al!

Author: newyorktalk from New York, NY
30 April 2003

Wow, It's about time! I was shocked when I saw this movie. I absolutely was not expecting a real film much less a good film! Trust me- this is a REAL FILM & a REALLY, REALLY GOOD FILM. The performances absolutely make it what it was. Wood Harris' performance was nothing less than stunning. That's neither exaggeration or some fan adulation- this man's skills were just that- "stunning" -in this movie. Combined with the other cast member's performances- the entire tragedy/saga of young black peoples in the hood- the sh** made you(me) want to cry.

Being from Harlem- 155th street- this story had a special significance for me. Besides Wood Harris- Mekhi Phifer threw down as usual- Solid performance -nailing Rich Porter. Cam'ron -damn- that's the ***** that REALLY SHOCKED me. That **** threw down! - what, forget hip-hop, this dude better move to LA and get an agent! Also, ESAI MORALES is the man- had a small part, but stood out- the guy in my opinion is the premiere latino actor working right now. You see him, you stop & pay attention.

The women in the movie had no major roles- this was a story of three teenagers who ******* ran harlem. Three young men faced w/ a choice of $50K a day or some dead-end jobs somewhere. While, admittedly, that's a somewhat simplistic synopsis- really, what would you do-if someone gave you an opportunity to make $50,000.00+ a day! bottom line, the people in this film are human, flawed and all- but human- and the things they went through were real- not these 'gangsta' fantasies of 99% of today's hip-hop acts! I'm glad AZ is alive. whatever he's doing- I hope the dude's healthy, at peace and making money legally.

The directing was good, not great- but solid. The script was good- but trust me -it was the PERFORMANCES- many of them improvised that made this film great!

Damn cool movie

Author: Tha Ghost from Danmark
1 April 2003

Finally a good gang movie, I've see a lot of them lately and thy all more or less suck, but this one was real real good.

Properly because it was based on a true story, that always makes a good movie. And Mekhi Phifer is or some in this movie, one scene was so so good, man he is becoming a great actor if you ask me :)

Disappointing!!!

Author: Khan Naunko from Zimbabwe
28 February 2010

This movie is very disappointing, the idea was good and the acting was average, but the movie just didn't go down well. After watching it a second time i am certain that it could have been done better. As for the cast, well what can you say, there are very few Black Actors who can demand attention and this film has none, the only performance with any notability in this was Mekhi Pfeiffer. As for the Story, yes it was good, but it glossed over many facts and partially ruined the film for for me.

All in all a good way to occupy your time, but nothing that will stick with you, unless you count the headache afterward.

Not a Good Film

Author: fcon-1 from United States
6 September 2006

Just saw this film yesterday. It had a ton of holes, Liked the characters though but should of been used in an action film. Also, I didn't see the point in setting the film in the mid 80's even though the events are based on a true story the fact that it took place in the eighties is of no consequence. But the part that I truly got a kick out of was the Esai Morales character. He just decided out of the blue to give the dry cleaner the best available dope on the street because he kept to himself, talk about being lucky !! I personally expected more from this film I hope somebody can recommend me a better urban crime film with more action and a better plot.

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]