IMDb > "Rose Red" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Rose Red"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Rose Red" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 31: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Freaky( I think that there is a spoiler in this)

Author: Enternaldragon11 from North Canton, Ohio
5 June 2002

This movie was the best that I have ever seen. It was well put together and the actors were right for their parts. You guys might think that I'm crazy, but I thought that Nick was hot! Lol. I suggest that everyone watches it at least once. When I get the chance, I'm going to go out and buy it.

To give you guys a little hint on the plot, it is about a haunted house with a history with murders. A group of phsychics is summond by this phsycho lady to go and observe and "awaken" the house. They are successful and they go for the ride of their life.

a 4 hour walk through a freaky funhouse

Author: Jason (jgreenland@hotmail.com) from seattle WA
3 June 2002

Wow! what a fun movie. It's the movie that overdoes all haunted house and ghost films although there is not a smash surprise ending it still has it's climax and plot. visual and special effects were very well done and will make good halloween eye candy extravaganza. Red rose mean to remember, like to remember this movie. ******/*****

The King does it again!

Author: TTBExpress from New york state
28 May 2002

Stephen King is one of my favirote movie writers,along with Stephen Spielbeg(even though he's more of a director)Rose Red is good,about Phycics each with diffrent forms of Phycic powers who go to explore Rose Red,but will regret it!Great story,good effects,and is able to keep you entertained,definetly worth a buy,a rental,or at least a view!

Better Than The Haunting

Author: lanie-6
27 May 2002

Wow! Was I ever surprised by this movie. I rented it on DVD and the ghost story is just so great!! Lots of little surprises. The first hour does drag on a bit,,,,but the movie wants you to get to know each person. Anyways.....rent it YOU WILL ENJOY IT!!!!

Stephen King does it again!

Author: (Gloria1964) from NC, USA
25 May 2002

As a long time fan of the works of Stephen King, I always have high expectations of anything he is involved with. This movie went far beyond all my expectations and then some. While the story was inspired by the infamous Winchester Mansion, King takes that foundation and builds upon it a tale much more exciting than real life, yet makes it almost too believable...an accomplishment only he can achieve time after time. Add to that a well chosen cast and magnificent special effects and the total package is a movie worth watching over and over, despite the length.

Bumpy but fun ride...

Author: TROY (troymink@hotmail.com) from Seattle, WA
24 May 2002

I miss the days before CG. Remember when a movie monster could only be portrayed through the use of special make-up effects? The old Dracula movies, Frankenstein etc.? This is my main criticism of this film. Although I don't think that, like some films, the CG was the star of the film. I'm not sure they were necessary. A great haunted house story can easily be quite spooky just by it's setting. Case & point "The Haunting of Hill House." This film to this day is one of the most frightening films I have ever seen. And most of it was done with just shadows & sound. An example of a more recent great haunted house film is the others. Once again, not one drop of blood was needed to scare the living daylights out of its audience, or one CG effect for that matter. But Rose Red is an enjoyable movie... It's use of humor & eerie characters make it worth the 3+ hours of viewing.

Wow This is what the haunting should have been!!!!

Author: osric4 (osric4@yahoo.com) from Wyoming
21 May 2002

This is one good movie. I got it on dvd and watched it and it scared me!!! this is what The haunting should have been this movie is a good movie about a house that has gone bad. who will servive! it keeps you guessing through out the whole movie and if you like horror movies or like stephen King watch this movie it was good!!!!! I give it a 9/10

If you like Stephen King, then watch this one.

Author: mp3man from Sweden
19 May 2002

This movie was excellent! I always likes His books and movies. This one is about a haunted house. And a special group is invited by a crazy teacher. She wants the group to make an old house "Rose Red" to be alive again. The house is alive at the first second. Well how alive is it going to be and the end. See this movie ! Roses means remember !

Agreed; One of King's best mini-series

Author: rkreitlein from Birmingham, Alabama
17 May 2002

I vaguely remember reading about Rose Red, but only because of the death of David Dukes (an old favorite from Winds of War). Having been disappointed by some of King's mini-series/movie efforts since 1994's The Stand, I didn't catch it when it was on TV. Rented it tonight, and was pleasantly surprised. Kept me interested throughout the entire 4 + hours. Similar, but far superior to the 1999 "Hill House" movies (both of them; I get them confused) I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys a horror film that involves more than some psycho hacking limbs off with reckless abandon.

Effective Movie

Author: (lawals@hotmail.com) from Clarksville, Indiana
16 May 2002

I would have to say that "Rose Red," was an effective movie if you you like horror films. I really don't watch them but because of Steven King's reputation, I decided to watch it. I would frankly have to say that "Rose Red," made 1999's "The Haunting," look like a Disney Movie seeing that it put "The Haunting," to shame as a horror film. What made it so effective was that all the details were subtle but there and it gave you a feeling that someone was breathing down your neck. Believe me when I say, I had difficulty getting some of those mental images out of my mind while trying to sleep.