IMDb > "Rose Red" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Rose Red"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Rose Red" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 31: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Very interesting.....

Author: jess422000 from Alabama
17 July 2002

Although the plot for this story was not unique (haunted houses are never unique), I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was a bit lengthy, over 4 hours, but I could not stop watching it because there was always something happening. Stephen King never ceases to scare you with his crazy ideas and supernatural beings. In short, I loved it and I would encourage anyone to watch it.

Not original, but a pleasant haunted house melodrama

Author: Horror_movie_fan (livingdead12345@aol.com) from Huntington Beach, California, USA
9 July 2002

"Rose Red" seems to have nothing original to speak of in the haunted house movie genre that hasn't been done before in "The Legend of Hell House," "The Haunting," "Burnt Offerings," but it is a pleasant and entertaining movie with good acting and production values. Though, I would consider it more of a supernatural melodrama, than a horror movie. I would also say if you're a fan of the haunted house genre, as I am, you'll probably like it.

One of the best haunted house movies ever

Author: shamann2 from Maine
9 June 2002

This movie has a typical story line of people spending a night in a haunted house, but the suspense and visual effects are outstanding! I saw this movie on DVD and was glad I had the time to view the movie in its entirety in one sitting. The heart thumping continued at an exciting pace through so much of the movie. I would recommend this movie for anyone who enjoys being scared. Stephen King's cameo appearance was great, too.

Keeps you guessing

Author: Matt (spiritalreject@yahoo.com) from Boise, Idaho
8 June 2002

Despite what all the others may have said, this movie rocks. Normally, haunted house movies turn out to be extremely lame (IE House on Haunted Hill, 13 Ghosts), but this movie proved that it's not a dead genre. I don't want to go into the plot, but I will say that all the characters are very in-depth, just like King's books, and that there's alot of twists and turns in this. Suspenseful as it is scary. A good comparison for this would be to the Haunting - except note that this movies blows the Haunting out the water completely and makes it look like a children's movie.

WATCH IT!

great rental for a weekend

Author: pbohrk from san jose
8 June 2002

My whole family enjoyed watching this made for television movie. My 8 year old daughter had lots of comments and questions related to ghosts and boogy people. She enjoyed knowing that there were boogy men and boogy women. We enjoyed the speed and flow of the film.

watch it alone. watch in in a dark room. watch in all at once

Author: (black_abyss) from Hamm, Germany
7 June 2002

As many movies working with a certain kind of intensity, this one adresses your potential of being thrilled and taking fear. You can easily tear this great piece apart when getting a couple of funny friends together and talking it away, making jokes about little flaws and getting ridiculous about it.

But: Try watching this movie ALONE. In a DARK room. At NIGHT. Then you will get it.

A naturalist most probably will not get the hit out of it, but when you are a person having some sense or enthusiasm for the paranormal, this one will eat you alive.

Stephen King wrote a great script, outstanding among his work and being realized onscreen the best way one of his writings was ever done. This masters the art of celluloiting a full-length novel. I suppose I've watched any adaption of his books, along with a whole lot of other stuff going to the horror/thriller/fantasy/shocker-genre. Until today, I thought I had almost watched to much to enjoy/fear any further. But as with so many things, best comes unexpected.

In a time when movies as "The Others" get blockbusted by major production and famous cast, holding nothing but a retwisted and uninspired storyline, this is a gem of non-a-movies.

Get in the mood. Let it take you. And do not expect to sleep so quite well afterwards.

Compliments to the crew, H.

Freaky( I think that there is a spoiler in this)

Author: Enternaldragon11 from North Canton, Ohio
5 June 2002

This movie was the best that I have ever seen. It was well put together and the actors were right for their parts. You guys might think that I'm crazy, but I thought that Nick was hot! Lol. I suggest that everyone watches it at least once. When I get the chance, I'm going to go out and buy it.

To give you guys a little hint on the plot, it is about a haunted house with a history with murders. A group of phsychics is summond by this phsycho lady to go and observe and "awaken" the house. They are successful and they go for the ride of their life.

a 4 hour walk through a freaky funhouse

Author: Jason (jgreenland@hotmail.com) from seattle WA
3 June 2002

Wow! what a fun movie. It's the movie that overdoes all haunted house and ghost films although there is not a smash surprise ending it still has it's climax and plot. visual and special effects were very well done and will make good halloween eye candy extravaganza. Red rose mean to remember, like to remember this movie. ******/*****

The King does it again!

Author: TTBExpress from New york state
28 May 2002

Stephen King is one of my favirote movie writers,along with Stephen Spielbeg(even though he's more of a director)Rose Red is good,about Phycics each with diffrent forms of Phycic powers who go to explore Rose Red,but will regret it!Great story,good effects,and is able to keep you entertained,definetly worth a buy,a rental,or at least a view!

Better Than The Haunting

Author: lanie-6
27 May 2002

Wow! Was I ever surprised by this movie. I rented it on DVD and the ghost story is just so great!! Lots of little surprises. The first hour does drag on a bit,,,,but the movie wants you to get to know each person. Anyways.....rent it YOU WILL ENJOY IT!!!!