IMDb > Special Delivery (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Special Delivery (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great movie!!!

Author: joseph4491 from United States
13 December 2005

My family and I really enjoyed this movie. It is clean, funny and also adds to the Christmas spirit. This is the type of wholesome, family entertainment that is sorely lacking nowadays. I am sure that this movie would be a hit with the "G" and "PG" crowd. We want so much to have a copy of this. We plan on making it a tradition in our home once we obtain a copy. We also wish to send our kids (and grandkids) copies as well. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who misses a simple plot that evolves into a heart-tugging experience. I am surprised it hasn't been marketed because there are so many movies available in the on-line/commercial market these days and a large share of what's available is trash compared to this movie.

If only it had caught on....

Author: Lucile Dudevante (gpecharka@gmail.com) from United States
3 December 2005

I taped this film on a whim--an ABC Family original movie, which I usually don't like--because I had already finished watching my other Christmas favorites five times apiece. I was not only happily surprised by how funny this film and its star were, but by how well-done it was, especially for a Christmas flick. I won't rehash Andy Dick--he was adorably perfect for the part of the hockey-crazy Lloyd Steadman--but I have to say that I wish this movie had caught on when it aired. Hopefully ABC Family will air it again sometime in their 25 Days of Christmas.

"I am the fourth wise man, coming from far away Los Angle-ees, bearing gifts of sausage, and other processed meats!" Very funny. If you're a Christmas fan in the vein of "A Christmas Story", make the effort to find this movie. Kudos, Andy!

How can anyone not LOVE this adorable movie?!

Author: Fiona from Los Angeles, California
20 November 2001

I have always been one of Andy Dick`s biggest and most loyal fans,but I have to say,this movie is his best work EVER! It`s just so cute and sweet,and not the typical thing you expect to see Andy Dick in! The story is just perfect,and reflects alot on Andy`s life.A story of a clumsy,and somewhat "weird",over-sensitive guy.(And not to mention that Andy and his character that he plays in this movie were both adopted at a very young age.)

I know alot of people dont like Andy Dick,but if you don`t,give him a chance,and watch this movie! I promise you,it will change you mind!

A great maturing movie, it grows on you!

Author: havanese from United States
27 October 2005

Sure it is not perfect. And yes there are over expressed stereo-types but as the movie matures these mellow into a very warm and happy movie. Enjoyable unless you expect everything underdone or never improving on a character study. Some just hate good, even over acted dorky good, finding a happy place in the world. Should be on DVD! A lost baby and a California kid in cold hockey country that actually knows hockey. A warm movie in a very cold time of year that entertains in a holiday sense without over pandering a seasonal theme. A classic in a basic warm and happy sense like a Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I mean really though those are classics (really) they are no masterpiece of storyline right?

How can you not fall in love with this movie?

Author: Fiona
15 September 2001

This is a B-movie,but I must say,it`s one of the best movies I`ve ever seen!It`s really touching,and cute.And the fact that it stars Andy Dick is so cool! I`ve always loved Andy Dick (ever since I was NINE!)And I think his performance in 'Special Delivery' was his BEST EVER,especially because he`s usually in more "mature" comedies,but this is a family movie with a wonderful story...I was very,very impressed!

How can you not love Andy Dick(even in a B-movie like this)?

Author: DeathByTelevision from United States
25 December 2000

Andy Dick made the most of his trip into low budget made-for-cable land. This was a role that many actors would have embarrassingly sleep-walked through, the kind of role that your average 90's sitcom star on the skids would have done for the paycheck - which I'm sure Dick did. But, instead of giving a half-hearted performance, he really made the most of a hokey script about a delivery man for an adoption service that loses the recipient family's baby. I found myself watching the whole thing despite my better objections. Funny guy. With all the talk of his past addiction problems, I hope he doesn't go the Robert Downey Jr. route. Hopefully he won't be stuck in made-for-cable land for long.

Best Christmas Comedy One NOT To Be Missed

Author: sonicsounds from United States
2 December 2008

This has got to be one of the best comedy movies ever made. I think next to Christmas Vacation it is the the best Christmas comedy. I do not know if this is on DVD or not, but I want it real real bad. I am not going to say anything about it. Just see it no matter what. OK I will tell you it has something to do with adoption and delivering the new baby to the baby's new parents. Oh! poor Andy, he has such a hard time delivering the baby. I wont say no more, I do not want to spoil it for you. If you are wondering if this is a good movie for the family. Yes this is a great family movie for all ages to see. Don't miss it.

Randy

Heartwarming, funny, a must see at Christmas!

Author: Deborah from United Kingdom
8 November 2007

I watched this film a few years ago at Christmas time, with my two children. We thoroughly enjoyed it, it is a super heartwarming and humorous film! Andy Dick plays a fantastic part, as does David Lewis. I only wish my family and I could watch it again, especially as Christmas is almost here. It doesn't seem to have been played again on TV (in the UK), nor can I find it on DVD (I have been looking for the past few years on and off). This is very disappointing! I would be very grateful if information could be given of any further showings of Special Delivery, or if it could be bought on DVD anywhere. I find it amazing that such a wonderful film isn't aired every Christmas on TV.

Best TV movie I ever saw

Author: carolmanese from United States
2 May 2007

"Special Delivery" starring Andy Dick is one of the best TV movies that has been produced. It is a Christmas favorite for our entire family. We recorded it in 2000, the year that it was on Fox Family TV, I believe. We watch it as a family tradition each Christmas when we get together. It is so well written and could not have been cast any better than Andy Dick. It is one of the few clean family movies that has come out in the past ten years. The children, parents, grandparents and cousins all gather around the TV each year when we watch with anticipation as if we've never seen it before. I would love to have a DVD of this movie if it would be available. If not, I think it should be made available for other families to have a chance to watch this. I don't see that it is televised any more but would love to see it return to the small screen each year where clean family fun can be had by all.

Great Family Christmas Film

Author: tealsnow7 from United States
25 December 2006

I agree whole-heartedly with the first comment about this movie. It has more quality than a lot of movies out there today. Special Delivery has become my top favorite Christmas film. I was fortunate to record a poor copy off of TV back in 2000 but I truly wish that it would be rerun or released on DVD and have sought to buy it but it seems unavailable. This movie makes you laugh, cry, think and it warms your heart with great messages! I never knew Andy Dick really was adopted until today when I came on here and read this profile. He was probably the best choice for this film due to his comic ability and insight into the role. If anyone knows how to go about getting a movie released on DVD I would appreciate hearing about it.