IMDb > Crocodile 2: Death Swamp (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Crocodile 2: Death Swamp

Crocodile 2: Death Swamp More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Not as bad as you might imagine

Author: dmark469 (dmark469@hotmail.com)
2 March 2004

If you are a fan of B-grade monster movies, this one is absolutely watchable, especially Heidi Lenhart. I may not know art, but I know what I like!

The plot is stupid, the acting terrible. Continuity and production values are non-existent. The budget appears to have been the change from inside the producers' car-seats. In short, it is everything you would expect from a straight-to-video creature feature. The film succeeds on its own terms.

Some reviewers complain about the obviously ersatz crocodile, but I enjoyed this low-budget quickie more than "The Matrix Reloaded" and "Scooby-Doo" combined (two recent CGI-laden Hollywood debacles.)

You can catch this on late-night cable as "Crocodile 2: Death Roll."

What Strange Names

Author: Theo Robertson from Isle Of Bute, Scotland
14 June 2003

!!!!! SPOILERS !!!!!

There`s two things that guarantee you`re going be watching a really bad movie . One is the name Victor Salva appearing in the credits and the other is the movie starting off in a way that seems to go against the movie`s title . Take CROCODILE 2 : DEATH SWAMP , with a title like that you`d expect either a crocodile or a swamp in the opening hook wouldn`t you ? Well you`d be wrong because this film starts with a bank robbery . But it`s not just any bank , no siree , it`s a bank where all the staff and customers are named Motherf***er as in " Hand over he money Motherf***er , on the ground Motherf***er , don`t look at me Motherf***er " . One thing that puzzled me about the robbers - Apart from them knowing everyone was named Motherf***er - was that they had a broad range of accents , but it`s suggested they`re in a band . Or something . Whatever . So the robbers ( And what a great name for a band ) decide to go on tour and hijack a plane which is in extremely poor taste . Before September 11 2001 it was only bad movies that featured people hijacking planes , post 9/11 there`s something offensive about this plot line . Oh and strangely all the passengers and crew in this aircraft are also called Motherf***er . Can someone in the States send me a private message and tell me how common the name Motherf***er is ? because that seems to be the only name the characters in this film are called . After the plane crashes ( Hope I didn`t spoil any plot twists there ) the survivors start getting eaten one by one by a crocodile and guess what its name is ? That`s right it`s called Motherf***er too . You really have to worry about the screenwriters naming every single character - Human or otherwise - with the exact same name .

I do have one good thing to say about CROCODILE 2 : DEATH SWAMP and that is Heidi Lenhart looks great in a bikini

One Shocking Trivia Point : The crocodile realization in this film was achieved via a combination of CGI and a rubber dummy . I`m sure no one noticed this untill I pointed it out

It's entertaining

Author: Jester69 from Bethlehem, PA
28 August 2002

Why do we watch movies??? To be entertained. This is a bad movie but I had a blast watching it. A movie can have bad acting,effects,story and more but if it keeps my attention, it works!!! If you aren't looking for the next Academy Award winner and just like to be entertained, this movie will do the job. If you are someone who's just into art and good acting, stay away!!! This is for beer drinking movie night!!!!

Quite Good

Author: knight_armour
12 November 2005

I give this movie a '7 out of 10' on a 'B' movie scale. It was more entertaining than I expected and contained some twists and turns to the story that kept me watching it without getting bored. There is a good balance between action and character development as well. The special effects are as good as they come for this kind of movie but you won't be so concerned about that because the setting and story will keep you entertained. Acting is good with the main female character doing a great job. The bad guys are also pretty convincing with focus on mainly just two of them. Strangely, I would say this movie is as much about humans as it is about the crocodile.

Great Sequel

Author: atinder from United Kingdom
15 January 2010

I really liked Crocodile (2000) it was good. This sequel is even better.

A number of guys, rob a bank and then catch a plane then, there plane get stuck in a storm, where need to land but robbers are have none of if, so they hijacked it, tell them carry on with the flight ,them the plane hit by lighting, the plane crash (which is really badly done) in to the river.

Most of the people are still Alive, including all the robber, who get some people as hostage, then one of robber are killed by the Crocdile and they shoot.

it dead, not knowing that the mother crocodile was watching the whole thing., she what revenge, for her sons murder and goes on the killing anything that get in her way.

This great sequel, action pack from the start, Acting is not that bad in this movie,

An there was some really good gory deaths scenes in this movie, which I really liked I going give this movie 7/10

Really good

Author: simon-crock from Sweden
24 June 2007

Crocodile 2 Death Swamp is a really good movie. This movie is fun to watch and it got a lot of action in it to.This is the sequel to Tobe Hoopers Crocodile.Warning the first Crocodile is not so good.Crocodile 2 Death Swamp is not scary but it's a really cool movie with a lot of action. The movie is 90 minutes. The Directors name is Gary Jones (Musquito,Spiders,Raptor Planet). If you want to see other good Croc/Alligator movies i recommend. Lake Placid , Chorake (Crocodile1981),Dark Age, Alligator, Alligator2 , The Big Alligator River, Blood Surf(Krocodylus), Crocodile Fury , Brutal River. Have a nice day.

Very good...great use of profanity

Author: lee nicholson (leeio2002@yahoo.co.uk)
16 March 2003

CROCODILE 2 is a hidden gem, in a slew of NU-IMAGE straight-to-video 'monster-thons' Part heist movie/part airplane disaster/part horror/siege movie, has a undercurrent of 'nastiness', not seeen since the days of 'the video nasties' Bank robbers, hijack a plane, after a robbery, and force the plane down into the jungle, were they, proceed to; a)brutalize the surviving hostages b)Deal with a killer crocodile, that eats everything in sight.

Despite a few ropey CGI effects (only a few) this movie, betrays it's meagre budget. And it's master stroke is the casting of exploitation legend MARTIN KOVE (project shadowchaser/last house on the left/deathrace 2000/...and er..cagney and lacey) as a rascally helicopter pilot sent to track down one of the surviving hostages. KOVE always gives value for money (just as BILLY DRAGO) and he, and the over-the-top swearing save this movie.

The leader of the robbers, is a foul mouthed black guy, who uses the word "motherf*cker" in every line of dialogue (no kidding) Try play a drinking game, based on every time, the black guy says "MF", and you'll be drunk, ten minutes into this movie.

The effects are quite good, and the movies plot/look/acting is far better than TOBE HOOPERS original 'CROCODILE'

Far better to watch this, than NU-IMAGES 'OCTOPUS 2'....which is sh*t!

Big Lee gives this fast moving/gory/funny/b-movie......8 out of 10

Play the motherf***er game!!!

Author: randommesspaul from United Kingdom
11 October 2005

Okay, The idea is to count how many times the lead bad guy says "motherf***er". I'm telling you, it can't be done. It's the only swear word he knows. Script writing is a class act.

I always enjoy the sort of movies where the creature appears to be some form of sub-plot in the movie, you know, gang raid a bank, try to escape to Mexico, plane crashes etc, then in the last twenty minutes a crocodile arrives! What's that all about? Still For other movies where the creatures are side plots, or just barely exist, see Shark Attack and Spiders 2.

Well worth a watch if you are into trashy bad movies. It's just a bit too good to be rated in the bottom 100. The acting is only below average, the SFX almost look acceptable, and there is obviously a fair budget put behind this movie.

What To Expect..

Author: Cory Orton from Philly, PA, USA
27 November 2004

Well, first off, DON'T expect anything amazing, and don't expect something realistic,high budgeted and great...I mean c'mon now. Thats probably the biggest problem with most movie-goers whom roam across flicks like these..they expect something so high-quality, the title alone should let you know some kind of cheese factor is involved.

I caught this 2 days ago during sci-fi channels thanksgiving movie marathon where they showed practically EVERY nu-image/ killer animal film around. I watched off and on some others but they never caught me too much, this one had an advantage for me because my favorite actor, Martin Kove was in this. As always, Kove did an excellent job with the work he was handed. No matter what quality or type of character or film he gets, he always throws out the best he can and helps his films out. Without him this wouldn't have NEARLY gotten the semi-positive review from me it is getting.

Now, this is NOTHING to scream about...its incredibly cheesy and ridiculous at times, but if you're bored and this is on TV, and low budget horror is your groove, then it can keep you occupied for the time it is on. And while the crocodile itself looked pretty lame, like I said you shouldn't expect too much from this,but nonetheless,as bad as effects were...the acting on the other hand for this grade of a movie, was VERY above average in my views. Kove,along with Heidi Leinhart and a few others, helped carry this movie up the ladder of entertainment with them giving it their all. Now, of course not everybody did a great job, and not everything was great,but like I said and will finish this off with- it can help pass the time if it is THAT boring of a day/night,and if its your type of flick.

Very entertaining actually and much better than i thought it was gonna be

Author: rchrdshelt (rchrdshelt@aol.com) from Birmingham, England
3 May 2004

Ok, so this movie is no classic is is probably completely unkown as its a B movie, but it is actually a very entertaining film to watch with a bowl of pocorn on a Saturday night. Having not seen the 1st Crocodile movie, I was under the impression i would need to have seen it to understand the plot etc. in this one, but I hav enow seen it and I can tell you they are both complete different movies with different storylines, characters, settings. Nothing from the 1st movie is mentioned in this one. This movie is certainly much better than the 1st one which i felt was a complete waste of time. The plot is not very plausible but again its very entertaing and there are some spectacular shock moments like ones in Deep Blue Sea and Jaws only they are both better.

The acting is decent actually even though it tries to be like Pulp Fiction slightly. There are also some decent special effects for a B movie. This movie and the 1st crocodile movie are certainly much better than Spiders and Spiders 2 which are complete crap. But the end product of this movie is a very entertaining ride that should be seen if you want a night in and some pure entertinment. It certainly was for me.

Certainly worth a look 8/10