About Schmidt (2002)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated R for some language and brief nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A man is in a hot tub. An elderly woman he knows drops her robe to enter the hot tub, revealing her breasts for about a second; the woman reaches under the water to touch the man while making a mildly suggestive remark. He recoils and gets out of the hot tub.
- A man takes off his swim trunks and we can see his bare buttocks from a distance.
- A man and a woman kiss; he touches her clothed breast.
- A man kisses a woman and she pulls away, yelling at him.
- We briefly see a drawing of two nude women.
- A woman talks to a man about his daughter's sex life. Mostly in mild, non-explicit terms.
Violence & Gore
- None, except for a comical argument in which Warren throws a pile of letters in someone's face and Warren is flailed at.
- 5 uses of "fuck" (2 of which may not be fully audible). 1 use of "asshole. 2 uses of "Jesus", 1 use of "Christ", 1 use of "damn", 6 uses of "goddamn".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Friends and co-workers drink wine at Warren's retirement party. Wine and beer are consumed several other times. Warren and Roberta drink Manhattans. A character drinks expired Percodan, which makes him a bit loopy.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Themes that may be a little unsettling to younger audiences: fights, death, divorce and sex.
- The ending is quite emotional.