IMDb > The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Ultimate Christmas Present (TV) More at IMDbPro »

"The Ultimate Christmas Present"- 7/10. Fun kids movie for the holidays.

Author: movies2u from United States
31 January 2004

The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000) TV Movie

This movie was pretty entertianing and enjoyable. It's not a perfect movie, but it's good enough to get you into the Christmas spirit. It's about two girls who find a machine that belongs to Santa Claus, and it controls the weather. The girls take it, and reveal it can make rain, sun, wind, tornados, even snow, which is perfect because she has a paper due the last day before Xmas vacation. So, they try out the machine, and the next thing they no it's snowing- in Los Angeles! Now, the snow storm has stopped her Dad from getting home for Christmas, and the holiday spirit begins to crumble unless she can stop the machine with the help of Santa and his two elves.

This movie has plenty of fun and can be enjoyed by your whole family. Get some cookies and egg nog while watching this, and you should get into the Christmas spirit. 7/10.

Becoming a Classic Christmas Movie on the Disney Channel

Author: calendarnow from Los Angeles, California
17 December 2003

I first saw this movie the year it was first released, 2000. It has shown every year since, especially around the holidays and I think it is becoming a great little holiday classic. Good, clean, fun family movie. Hallee Hirsh is adorable as the lead and looks so cute as her younger self.

Cute. Very Cute.

Author: fbta from Hometown China Grove, NC
21 December 2000

This was a cute movie. I just finished watching it on Disney and thought that I would check out some of the actors here at IMDb. The two girls played their parts well, and the boy was very good.

The story was interesting - simple yet fun. Children would have enjoyed the stort, especially ones who live in places where they get little snow.

It was not the best Christmas movie I have seen by a long shot. It was, however, a good way to spend 1 1/2 hours with the family.

Lively and Funny

Author: gwenivere from Peoria, Illinois
27 December 2000

I have always been a fan of Peter Scolari, and he was very funny in this family Christmas film about a snowstorm in Los Angeles. The lively pace kept my children's attention, which is a feat in itself! There were also plenty of humor that adults could relate to, too, which I appreciated. The two teenage girls were quite good, and I expect we will see more of them in the future, and the little boy was from "The Kid, which was a pleasant surprise. It was a clever, funny holiday film with a message about family togetherness, which I appreciated.

TERRIFIC DISNEY MOVIE

Author: zamboni-4
18 December 2000

Our family loved this holiday movie about two girls who find a snow machine and make it snow in Los Angeles. This is the best Disney Channel Film I have seen. It had terrific comic moments and tender moments, too. Recommended for ages four through early teens

SEE THIS ONE WITH YOUR FAMILY!

Author: Linda-104 from Bakersfield, California
29 November 2000

My three kids and I saw this film at a sneak preview during the Disney Craft Fair, and we really enjoyed it. It's basically about two junior high girls in Los Angeles who find a weather machine. After a few very funny mishaps with the dials, they make the machine create snow so that the schools will close early and they can get a headstart on Christmas vacation. The machine goes out of control, and a blizzard is created in Los Angeles! I don't want to give too much away, but this movie was really a lot of fun, and heart-felt, too. My 10 year old son was thrilled to discover that John Salley, one of his favorite basketball players, was in the film as a seven foot elf! It also starred Peter Scolari from "Bob Newhart" as a very funny boring weather man who is trying to figure out the source of the mysterious snow. I am surprised that Disney made this for cable, as it could easily have been a "real" movie. It has a great message about being together for the holidays, and lots of humor, too. I think most kids and their parents will really get a kick out it.

Much Better Than Expected!

Author: Chris Winston from Fairbanks, U.S. Territory of Alaska
22 December 2001

I'm a 30 year old single male and I watched this with no kids around and discovered it was excellent, much better than I expected, a fun movie for anyone to see. It had its bit of Christmas gushy sappyness and things unbelievable and/or really dumb & cheesy but really not much, not enough to weaken the movie at all which was nice. Being a fan of Fox Sports' The Best Damn Sports Show co-host and former NBA star John Salley, I enjoyed him in this as well as the rest of the cast. Overall, an above average & splendid cast giving fine to excellent performances all around. Unfortunately, the guy who played the catering chef was only in a few scenes because he had some great lines, very funny. Also, and probably the brightest part of the cast - the kid who was Bruce Willis' younger half in "The Kid" - was just perfect and stole about every scene he was in. It's really a shame he wasn't the main character of the movie because it probably would have worked and probably would have made this even better. But oh well, he was still hilariously wonderful as the younger sibling supplying nothing but laughs and the movie was still really good just as it was. I give this a grade of "A" and definitely recommend it to anyone.

A girl finds a weather machine. She uses it to make it snow. The snow causes much trouble. Eventually the dad gets home and it's OK.

Author: xsoccerdudex from United States
31 December 2005

I loved this movie! It was great and somehow I found myself watching it countless times. I loved the great job that the family did by making the family so busy. Also, Edwine, the weatherman, does an awesome job which I'm sure the directors intended. I looked at the goofs and didn't see many, so a great job off set. This movie is very good so I won't even look at the summarization above if you may want to see this one.this movie. If you're into the heist, suspenseful, and violet movies,this isn't the type of movie you want to watch. But, if you like an occasional "cute" Disney flick, you'll like it. I give this movie a9/10 (if i could I would give it a 8.5 but the rating scale doesn't allow that)!

It was okay but not all that.

Author: husnain ali from London, England
24 December 2005

This movie is about 2 girls who find a weather machine that is Santa Clauses that can change the weather. The girls change the weather into a snow storm to get more of the Christmas spirit. Brenda Song was great but not as great as she is in The suite life of Zack and Cody. Spencer Breslin was better in this movie than he was in The cat in the hat. Halee Hirsh was good as the main character. John B. Lowe was good as Santa Claus because he really looked like a real Santa Claus and Susan Ruttan was okay at playing Santa Clauses wife. This was not an all that film but it was okay. John Salley and Hallie Todd were good as playing their parts and the I give the acting a top 7/10.

Great Change of Pace- Add this one to your Holiday Watch List

Author: gehewe from USA
10 January 2017

A Christmas Movie with a 13 year old Hallee Hirsch as the star. I saw her on JAG when she was a little older. She is very good and does very well with this movie. Love some of her expressions. This was the best Santa Claus I've seen with his Irish accent and the part of the elf was great (maybe the original miracle on 34th St was better). Favorite scene was when the Secret Agent Man song was played. Spencer Breslin the older brother to Abigail Breslin was in the movie.

Great lively change of pace to our Hallmark Christmas movies. The child star made the movie. I wish we watched it with our sons 18 to 21. I think they may have liked it.