IMDb > "Power Rangers Time Force" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Power Rangers Time Force"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Power Rangers Time Force" More at IMDbPro »

The Best Power Ranger Series ever!

Author: wesjordao557 from Woodbridge, Ontario
2 April 2002

This has got to be the best Power Rangers series ever. It's the most serious, great stories, great characters for the bad and good, and it's the most exciting. The only problem is, the acting isn't that great, but none of the Power Rangers series has great acting. Only very few actors like Jason Faunt, Erin Cahill, Edward Albert (Probably the best out of all the actors), Christopher Khayman Lee, and Amy Jo Johnson. This series is worth watching for everyone who is not a Power Rangers fan, and everyone who is.

Time For Time Force!

Author: Ryojin20 from Scottsdale, AZ
8 December 2003

When Mighty Morphing Power Rangers debuted I was a huge fan and never missed an episode of that and Zeo. But then came Power Rangers Turbo and the kid who ruined it, Justin, and I stopped watching. Gladly it ended. I watched some episodes of In Space, Lost Galaxy, and Lightspeed Rescue, but then when Time Force debuted when I was 16, I started watching it and became a fan again, even though I'm 19 now but age in this case is just a number! Time Force a.k.a Murai Sentai Timeranger is the best in the Power Ranger/Sentai series. It has it everything: great fight scenes, powerful drama, great storyline, memorable characters. What made Time Force great was that it was darker than the other series. Especially when Ransik's past is revealed, who by the way is one of the best villains since Lord Zedd. The rangers were amazing as well: Wes the Red Ranger (Jason Faunt) developed over the series from a spoiled rich guy to a dedicated and hard working man and skilled fighter, Jen the Pink Ranger (Erin Cahill) was both a tough, focused ranger and a beautiful caring woman and the romantic relationship between her and Wes was great and was a reminder of the relationship between Kimberly and Tommy in Mighty Morphin. Trip the Green Ranger (Kevin Kleinberg) was funny, naive but loyal to the Time Force and a great fighter as well, Lucas the Blue Ranger (Michael Copon) was a cool and laid back ladies' man, but was also a dedicated ranger, Katie the Yellow Ranger (Deborah Estelle Phillips) was cute, funny, and sometimes bubbly and possessed great super strength, and Eric the Quantum Ranger (Dan Southworth) was an awesome 6th ranger and a total bad-ass! Circuit was an awesome ally to the rangers. Not only were there great heroes, there were great villains: Ransik (Vernon Wells) was a tortured soul and a very dangerous adversary, Nadria (Kate Sheldon) was funny, obnoxious, yet violently psychotic when in battle. And Frax was one of the most memorable and tragic villains. Koichi Sakamoto and Alpha Stunts did a amazing job choreographing the fight scenes. Time Force had some elements of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "Once Upon a Time In China", and "The Matrix". Time Force took the Power Rangers series to a whole new level.

Power Rangers with a little touch of Matrix & Time Machine...

Author: pinoyartist99 from California, USA
17 February 2001

Criminals from the year 3000 has come to take over 2001. Four Officers from the Time Force Police has tracked down the Time Criminals to stop them in their tracks. But, first need to recruit a new red ranger. Wes, the individual they recruit looks much like their friend, Alex, the leader of the team in the future. With the help of Wes, the Time Force Ranger will now have to fight Ransik and his gang of futuristic criminals. Many of the fights in the show parallaxes with the movie, The Matrix (you know that slow motion camera turning thingy where they dodge bullets and all that junk, which is kind of creepy). Power Rangers Time Force is based on the Japanese Sentai (Task Force) Series, "Merai Sentai Timerangers," which ended its season run late last year. In Japan, they already have a new Ranger-like show called 100 Beast Gaoranger (don't know the Japanese title, which I will guess that Saban has plans on redoing in 2002).

*Take note after the corniness of the first four seasons of the Power Ranger series, Saban has finally decided to base some (but not much) of the American Power Ranger plotline on its Japanese Sentai counterparts (in which, Japan shows somewhat more corniness in their Sentai series more than their American counterparts).

Awesome and Great and a Must have for all the Power Rangers Fans

Author: kiti22
15 July 2012

Time Force was one of My Favorite Seasons and it's the best power rangers series ever since the 1990s power rangers seasons

I like the rangers Wes and Jen and Eric are My Favorite Rangers and there's circuit the 2nd alpha and hes very cute and funny the acting was not bad Jason Faunt was the best actor since Austin St.John&Jason David frank

the Stroyline was Great the Quantum Ranger was so cool the Musics are Epic The Time Flyers look futuristic and they are unique from each other than color and they even had something to address the vulnerability during forming the Megazord.

the Megazords are Great cause the Time Force Megazords has 2 Modes

and Eric's Zord Q-Rex was awesome the Time Shadow was cool and so as the Shadow Force Megazord the Battlizers are Awesome

also Time Force has Awesome Episodes The Team up Episode was great but Vypra was Terrible and one of the best time force episodes was the last episode (The End of Time Part 3) it's great and exciting to watch

This Season has the Best Ranger Outfits and the Best Monster Outfits ever and it beats Lightspeed Rescue

Since Power Rangers in Space and Power Rangers Turbo and Power Rangers Zeo and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Time Force was a Must Have for all the Power Rangers Fans and For the whole family

With Action Packed Fight Scenes and Great Music and Great Acting and Less Childish Scenes and Less references to Movies or TV Shows and Less Sound Effects from Cartoons This is A Big Kid Version of Power Rangers after the 3 Previous Seasons before that and RPM

Way more Superior to Power Rangers Samurai

So If you miss Mighty Morphin, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Zeo and Turbo then Time Force is what you need.

Best standalone series

Author: gamer_vern
7 July 2012

OK, it my honest opinion, it is the best standalone series. But looking from a professional view, there are some flaws. Of course every season has their plot holes. But time travelling only causes more holes.Add the Power Rangers 'logic' in and its a pretty non-logical plot. However, plot holes are made up with good acting, darker tones, and real life themes in the mix. Emphasise on the acting since PR rarely have good acting. For those old-timers, you should know how dark In Space was(dark in PR standards). Even with the plot holes I mentioned, the story is good. Excellent I'm willing to say.By far the second best for me.Those who want to get a break from the cheesiness of the usual PR series, check out Power Rangers Time Force.

just...amazing!

Author: liz_loves_cats
25 October 2014

One of the best series if not the best. The plot was great, the characters was great even the opening theme was great even the suits were great!.

The episodes were amazing, even the fillers were amazing !.

Movie madness part 1 and 2 ...is just epic!. The romance between Jen and Wes was terrific, especially in undercover rangers, Jen was hilarious we she was jealous!.

The final episodes were full of action and drama, and romance especially in the final scene Jen and Wes saying goodbye! -Luckily they meet again in power rangers wild force!.-

Not excellent, but a great continuation to the saga!

Author: gavin-thelordofthefu-48-460297 from United States
22 January 2013

OK, I only saw only seven episodes of this show when I was a kid and I think I saw the part-two ending of the season, but as I saw the rest of the episodes including the crossover with the Lightspeed Rangers, I became amazed and while it isn't the best Power Rangers season, it's a much better season than Power Rangers Turbo and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (which I thought were decent, but had some of their weakest episodes). The dialog is OK, but some of the monsters are a bit stupid and annoying; although the villain Ransik is great due to his menacing presence. The story lines for each episode aren't the best, but they're very interesting in my honest opinion and some of the character arcs of the main characters made me feel for them. In fact, the characters are likable enough; the morphing sequences and the megazord battle sequences are great too; the strongest aspect would have to go to the theme song which is pretty catchy it has stuck with me ever since.

Overall, not excellent, but a great continuation to the saga!

Different ending and the series would have been perfect!

Author: adirshimshon from Israel
15 October 2012

I really think that Time Force is the best series of all the Power Rangers.

However, I must say that the ending was disappointing: I understand why the rangers had to return to the year 3000, because it's still their time. But this is not the appropriate ending for the series based on the previous episodes. If for example the hole series is telling as that Jen fell for Wes and that she doesn't see any future together with Alex (especially after she gave him back his ring), there is no good reason that she will return to her time when the "love of her life" remains in the past. Besides what about to what Trip mentioned "I feel like this is my home now"? And what happened to the "memory adaptation" they had to go through in the future? after they said that they want to remember the year 2001, they should't have gone back to their time. We also know they didn't erased their memories based on the two episodes in the Wild Force series that they appeared. All of these illogical issues could have been solved if just all the time force rangers stayed in the present.

I enjoyed Time Force series the most from all the others. no doubt about it... The casting characters are great, the acting is above OK, the storyline is unique and very interesting, even the intro of this series I think is the best one. I wish that there will be more than 40 episodes of Time Force.

oh, and to all those who wonder who is the best pink ranger, let me make it perfectly clear: Jen is the best one! She is more dominant than all the others, her actress acts better than all the others, she is stronger than all the others, and you know what? she is even prettier than all the others. To all the Mighty Morphin fans, i gotta tell you: Jen > Kimberly

Great to come back to after a 6 year gap

Author: Iron-Man24 from United States
28 January 2007

I was a fan of the original rangers back in the day. Like most I'm sure I was awed by the zords, and Tommy's kick ass demeanor. I watched from season 1 up to the end of lost galaxy, then I drifted away. I think I caught a few episodes of Lightspeed Rescue, because I remember the red ranger of that generation. But primarily, this is when I started watching a lot of prime time, CSI and 24 to name a few. Then the other day I caught the last 3 mins of the finale of Lightspeed Rescue on toon Disney. The following "Power Rangers Generations" episode was the season premier of Time Force, and instantly I was 10 again, and learned there is no price on nostalgia. While what a person looks at as good when they age changes,(zords are cool as kids, story is more important when older)one still can't help but be in awe. This season had something the subsequent seasons after Mighty Morphin didn't have. Now while I remember seeing a few of these episodes, more so just because I recognized the Red and Pink rangers, and how the series premier part 1 ends, it is fun to watch these again and remember what it was like to be young and easily entertained for 30 mins. All in all this is a good season, and I like many having learned the ending accept that it was a very good ending to a PR series, I still wish that it would have been a bit different. When you see it,I'm sure you will agree.

Power Rangers with good acting? Wow never thought I would see the day!

Author: Goldwaterproductions
30 December 2011

This is like the Anti-Power Rangers. It's not light-hearted, the characters are not bland, the story is well written, and it's not acted poorly. It has a dark tone (as much as you can get with Power Rangers), the characters are all interesting and well developed, the story is very engaging, and the actors are really good in their roles. Every actor conveys a level of emotion that has never been seen in Power Rangers. It felt like a really good drama TV show mixed with Power Rangers. It also ends on a great note. Probably the only moment in Power Rangers to make you shed a tear. If you don't like Power Rangers and have never seen this show, give it a watch. I think you might be surprised. My only complaint is that this was one season long. I wish it had at least one more season. This is without a doubt the best Power Rangers show of all time. I love Mighty Morphin but from a critic standpoint, this is the best.