IMDb > The Animal (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Animal

The Animal More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Exactly what I expected...

Author: MMartian from Alpharetta, GA
1 June 2001

Let me preface by saying I am a fan of Rob Schneider, and of Adam Sandler. I enjoyed Deuce Bigalow, and all (except for Big Daddy) of Adam Sandler's movies. So I basically was expecting some (Ok, a lot) of low-brow humor, a decent plot to keep rolling through, and to laugh throughout the movie. This movie provided just that. It wasn't the greatest comedy in the world, or a landmark motion picture, and it wasn't made to be that. Colleen Haskell's skills at acting reminded me of when they put a "famous" non-actor on Saturday Night Live, and don't give them too much to do in the skits. She's only in the movie probably a total of 15 minutes, but does what they ask of her, and does a decent job of it. The movie is a hoot, and doesn't actually stoop to every joke being a f**t joke. I laughed about every 3-4 minutes, and enjoyed the ending as well. If you're expecting something similar to Deuce Bigalow, you won't be disappointed.

I Have To Admit: This Is Pretty Funny

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
15 February 2007

This was just plain funny and very entertaining throughout the goofy 83 minutes. Crude? Yes, at times, but what modern-day comedy isn't lately? The PG-13 rating is a joke. With all the sexual stuff in here, "R" is more appropriate.

Some of that sleazy stuff, to be honest, was pretty funny, though and there isn't much profanity.

Rob Schneider, as "Marvin," lays his goofy Deuce Bigelow-type character on us, trying to get the pretty girl "Rianna" (Colleen Haskell).

I really thought this would be a stupid film but Schneider's animal imitations are hilarious and, overall, this a very fast-moving, silly-but-lots of laughs film.

Enjoyable!

Author: famousgir1 from London, England
9 November 2001

Marvin is a wimpy guy, who's determined to follow in his fathers footsteps by becoming a cop. Things aren't going well, until Marvins in a car accident and when a very strange scientist finds him, he uses animal body parts to rebuild Marvin. With all the animal parts in his body Marvin gets very energized and leaves all his weakness behind, which them leads him to become a cop and a famous one at that. Something he's of course always wanted. Life is going great for Marvin until his the animals in his body start taking over his body and makes him do the strangest things like falling in love with animals and eating from bins. With all this going on, Marvin has to remain the perfect gentleman to his new love, Rianna, which leads to a strange and quite predictable twist at the end.

The Animal is produced by the brilliant Adam Sandler, who also has a really funny cameo as a Townie in this movie, which stars Rob Schneider, who also wrote the screenplay here. Rob really funny. Schneiders love interest is Colleen Haskell, from the US reality TV show, Survivor.

After the awful Freddy Got Fingered, I wasn't to sure what I would make out of The Animal, but it was good. Not the most brilliant movie around, but good. Rob Schneider is great in his role here too. There are some funny bits in the movie too. All in all, enjoyable stuff.

Not bad. actually funny

Author: Skeletors_Hood (skeletors_hood@hotmail.com) from Kansas City
2 December 2001

I liked this movie, even though I feel the trailer made it seem more funny than it actually is. Still, its enjoyable, and has the type of unbelievable humor that I like, that goofy off-the-wall ingredient that really good comedies have. Worth a watch or two.

Not a Complete Dog

Author: (jhendricks97@rocketmail.com) from Peterborough
8 July 2001

Well Rob Schneider has done it again! Much like his previous movie "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigalow," "The Animal" has little artistic merit. It bears little or no relation to anything resembling reality. It is often stupid, and the dialogue is painful at times. And not only that, "The Animal" is also fairly funny. Unlike Tom Green and David Spade, Schneider has an easygoing likeable quality that translates well onto the big screen. This masks many of the deficiencies in the script, and makes us appreciate the good parts even more. Unfortunately the same can't be said for co-star Colleen Haskell. Colleen, the tribe has spoken; you are not a good actor! As far as I can tell, Haskell has only three different facial expressions. None of which are appealing. The person who hired her needs to extinguish her torch, and ask her to leave the acting business immediately. So what kind of grade do we give "The Animal?" The movie isn't a complete dog, and it does have a certain amount of animal magnetism.

3 stars and a leg of lamb out of 5.

"He wasn't much of man... And now he is not much not an animal"

Author: Brandon Blackwell from Earth
3 November 2011

After receiving organ transplants from various animal donors, a man finds himself taking on the traits of those animals.

To start, I am a pretty big fan of Rob Schneider and his competitor Adam Sandler. They both provide that entertainment that sometimes we need to take a break from all the seriousness in this world. In the Animal, frankly I wasn't expecting the best movie ever. Nor was I expecting an Oscar. I expected a film with great laughs and a nice movie to chill back to and enjoy the little things. And yet again, I got what I had came in for. Of course, the movie doesn't provide an intelligent plot nor does it provide great characters, a great plot, or great cinematography. But once again, people still complain that DID expect this. The movie does provide great laughs though, indeed. And that's EXACTLY why the movie came out. To provide some uplifting in life. No, it is not the best movie ever. Nor is it a great movie. But if you outlook the problems and in look the good things about the film; your good to go! So that's about a wrap up. Expecting the greatest movie of all time? No way, get out! Expecting a nice, fun movie? Here you are. 6/10.

A delectable tale of man's nature and Badgermilk

Author: Eric Mumford (eric@mumford.com) from United States
31 January 2005

I was kept on the edge of my seat during this Herculean cinematic experience -- the question of one's very identify with one's self is set against a backdrop of hilarity and monkeys in skirts. The question of police brutality in our society is dealt with on a Ciceronian level as older policemen are cast as blood mongrels and middle aged police officers are cast as muscle headed steroid-freaks -- a casting delight surprise from Office Space is in store for educated viewers.

A dramatic tale from start to end, even the farm animals are in the winner's circle when the time come to roll the credits. Happy Madison productions has done it again. Bravo!

Hilarious, SNL Castmember Makes a Good Movie, First in a While

Author: matthitman from Toronto, Ontario
3 June 2001

I will be honest with you, I went to see The Animal for Norm Macdonald. But what I saw was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Not only is Colleen Haskell a pretty good actress, but Rob Schneider was even funnier than in Deuce!!! And Did I mention Norm's line "I'm not gonna be in a mob to kill a black dude" Funny!!!

Great Movie

Author: Quickdraw Gunslinger (mohosoqueso) from The tippy top of mt. everest
2 June 2001

This movie is pretty funny. The gags are spread throughout the movie, so you'll be laughing the whole time you're watching. I know I couldn't stop laughing. This is a great movie that deserves to be seen by anyone who loves comedies. The ending was predictable but it was still a good ending. It's just as good as the other happy madison movies (Little Nicky,Joe Dirt, Deuce Bigalow)and if you like those movies, you'll like this as well. Overall,it's better than joe dirt, but not as good as little nicky or deuce bigalow.

I laughed till I cried!

Author: dizzycris
1 June 2001

What a great movie! Rob is one of my favorites anyway so I went in expecting to like it and I came out loving it. Top notch comedy! I was really impressed with Coleen Haskell. Rob was just too good though. I love Duece Bigalow and I liked this one even more....I took my Mom and she is now a big Rob Schneider fan. If you need a good laugh go see this!

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]