IMDb > "Grounded for Life" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Grounded for Life"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Grounded for Life" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Tasty Treat

Author: lorist (lorist@bigfoot.com) from NY, NY
20 April 2001

There aren't many sitcoms worth watching on TV, but 'Grounded For Life' is the exception. A fresh approach, an intelligent look at family life, and a wry sense of humor bring 'Grounded' head and shoulders above the other lame competitors in the field.

Are there other original sitcoms out there... yes, if you search long and hard. But this brings together elements that haven't seen the little screen and leave you screaming with laughter.

The buzz is low but good on this one. I encourage everyone to watch it, otherwise another bright, intelligent bit of TV will bite the dust.

One of the Most Consistent Comedies

Author: dennisjtaylor46 from Newcastle, England
7 February 2004

Unlike the previous commenter, I think this is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. What the other guy failed to get is the very clever structure of the show. Every episode, it begins with all members of the family having suffered through some event that is only slowly revealed in flashbacks, usually after they try to present a cover story to hide their embarassment. The main couple are frantic performers but seem like they could be together in real life. The brother is the dry wit of the group, who never seems to work but always has a strange scheme cooking. The daughter is the closest to a sitcom stereotype but is still fun to watch. Grandad is reliably disgusted with the whole lot of them. Don't watch a British sitcom. They invariably rely one double-entendre and obvious one-liners. "Grounded For Life" is on it's way to becoming a classic.

One of the good shows

Author: thiu (tasukiph@yahoo.com) from Philippines
3 February 2004

This is one of the few shows that i really look forward to. its really funny and the characters seem so real. Not only because of how they act but also the way they look. They look like people not super model types.

The show is so refreshing and it doesn't try to emulate any other show that it just makes me feel happy watching them and their antics.

I love this show!

Author: ktblanche from Carlisle, PA
30 January 2002

This show is hilarious. All the characters are funny!! Sean and his brother crack me up. I enjoy the format of the show, which starts at the end and then tells back the story of what happened earlier. I hope it does not get tossed off the network any time soon, but I am sure it won't last for more than a few more seasons.

Thus far, Grounded has shown itself to be sharp and nimble.

Author: thisguyjones (thisguyjones@yahoo.com) from chicago
2 February 2001

Granted, there have only been four episodes aired as of today, but it has shown remarkable promise. The writing is sharp, the timing tight and the storylines not so outrageous that they become ridiculous. True, some may say this format has been done before, but if it's done well, so what?

HILARIOUS

Author: hs407 (hs407@aol.com) from Los Angeles
18 July 2001

This has got to be one of the funniest shows to come along in a long time. Just when it seemed like there were no more traces of good 80's-esque sitcoms.......here comes another. There are very few good shows on nowadays. This is a great one in an era of too many "reality-shows". Yet this could be some peoples' reality. Don't miss this one! Megyn Price is terrific....what a find!

Pretty Good Show...read why?

Author: thetoygeek from San Diego, CA.
6 November 2004

so this is'nt Malcolm in the middle...it's grounded for life, which is a pretty good show. it is now in it's fourth year on TV and it fills the Friday 8:30 PM slot just fine. i would guess that it won't be everybody's cup of tea, but give it a shot and i'm sure you'll find it quite funny. the actress who plays claudia is played by Megan Pryce, just watching her alone is worth the show, finally TV has a beautiful woman that is not under 106 lbs. for those of us in our 30's who are raising a family, i am sure you will find this program worth the watch. the Finnerty's get my vote for a Friday night viewing! hope you like them as well. WB Friday nights at 8:30PM (as of 10/4/04)

bound to be cancelled, as all great shows are ...

Author: ejm-2 from San Mateo, CA
23 January 2001

When my husband first saw "Grounded for Life" he said "Well this isnt' going to last .. it's way too good." The writing isn't amazing, but the casting is so good that it makes the show worth waiting for each week. You wouldn't think of Kevin Corrigan as the quintessential slacker brother but he practically makes this show. Not to mention Richard Riehle, who we loved in "Office Space". So enjoy this show while you can.

so far, so good

Author: Trevor_T from Arizona
10 January 2001

Just got done watching the 1st episode and I liked it. The mom doesn't have the same presence as Jane K. in Malcolm, but there were plenty of puberty and dysfunctional family jokes to go around. Also, Griffin Frazen (Jimmy) is really cute, he reminds me of a younger Justin Berfield. I give this show a 9 out of 10 stars.

100% Hilarious

Author: Lauren (hipchick320) from NC
26 May 2001

Every time I turn on the TV at 8:30 on Wednesday nights, I laugh hysterically at this very funny show, Grounded for Life. The uncle and Lily are my favorite! They are so funny! The parents are awesome!! I never miss a show! I totally recomend this show to EVERYONE!!!!!

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]