IMDb > Mama's Gone A-Hunting (1975) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mama's Gone A-Hunting (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Mediocre with a touch of nostalgia and a few unexpected twists

Author: kookaburra42 from Australia
22 April 2011

The title is taken from the nursery rhyme ~ Bye, baby bunting. A psychotic prison escapee is looking for a way to make some quick money, so after paying his old friend a visit he decides to kidnap a wealthy couple's baby from a hotel with the help of his reluctant friend and hold it for ransom. Little do they know that the babysitter hired for the evening has her own ideas about the baby and the kidnappers plans don't go according to plan.

This was filmed around Sydney Central railway station and in The Boulevard Hotel which was quite iconic in its day, it was a hoot to see the 1970's gaudy hotel decor and fashions. The Boulevard Hotel still functions as a hotel today with the same exterior but it has seen quite a few interior makeovers since this movie was made.

I caught this on late night TV and quite enjoyed it considering it was done on what looked to be a very cheap budget, the pace was good and held my attention for the full 90 minutes. I live in Sydney and grew up there so the main actors were recognisable to me and were major players in the 70's. I give it 7/10.