IMDb > The Warden (2001) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Warden (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Gripping story with some great performances!

Author: menaka
12 April 2002

'The Warden' was,for me,a gripping movie.Usually I am not one who particularly enjoys a movie centred in and around a maximum security prison but Ally Sheedy convinced me.A dynamic and ambitious woman named Helen Hewitt(Sheedy) is brought in as the young warden of an all male,maximum security prison just when things are getting hot for the prison bigwigs.She is brought in to clean up the mess and the guys in the department(whose egos have been severely dented by her appointment as warden) give her a week to last in the job. Things get complicated for the young warden as she battles her own private demons and the tense,hostile environment she faces at the prison.This movie is great to watch,kept me engrossed till the very end.Sheedy gives a wonderfully realistic performance,supported by a good cast.There are moments in the film when certain things don't add up and the viewer can't help but feel a little lost but all in all 'The Warden' is well worth watching.

Gripping story with some great performances!

Author: menaka