IMDb > The Sweetest Thing (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 40:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

maybe its just me

Author: lauren_peterson06 from Canada
31 January 2006

it could be just me but i really love this movie. i don't know one girl who doesn't have it in their DVD collection and i'm proud to be one of them....the movie is funny, stupid, and all around a good time. so its not gonna win any awards or looked upon as "superior" but come on, don't you remember what its like to watch a movie just for the sake of entertainment? i have a section of my movie collection devoted to those chick flicks that while embarrassing to have are my guilty pleasures and i can't feel bad for that. what more do you want out of a stupid/funny movie? please don't pull some critical analysis on this movie people cause it is what it is. take it for face value and relax...

Great mindless entertainment

Author: mjharrison
23 March 2004

I really enjoyed this movie, as did my wife. We loved the comedy, the acting, and the plot. Granted, it's not oscar material. But it is a feel good movie with some great scenes.

It's about three girls and their fear to commit to a man because they'll get heartbroken. They learn together and cry together, but most importantly, they laugh together. The whole movie is one long string of comedy, and the musical number will be in my top ten of all time. You'll know it when you see it.

Check this movie out for a fun night with your wife. It's not for young viewers, however. Not a family movie. It's meant more for the dirty-minded, if you will. :)

A sweet movie.

Author: SnowYs from Northern California
20 April 2002

This is the best film I have seen in a long time. Is is completely hilarious. I loved this film.

Cameron Diaz (Christina) and Christina Applegate (Courtney) seemed like they were friends since they were 2 years old. They definatly had charisma. They were completely hilarious together.

I recommend this movie to anyone looking for a good laugh and good time.

I set design was great. Very colourful.

I loved the trendy outfits all 3 ladies wore. A fashionable Charlies Angeles.

10 out of 10 for comedy easily. Go, go now....

Great movie with unique female characters

Author: roxydior from United States
16 December 2005

How is this not hilarious? There are always movies that seem to make it big, like Wedding Crashers, Meet the Parents, and American Pie 1,2, and 3, Van Wilder, when the main characters are stereotypical male characters, but when it is women, expectations change and so do the double standards, which is disappointing in this day in age. The women in this movie are way funnier and do more interesting activities and funnies than the same old good old boys routine stuff. Some very unpredictable predicaments make this laugh out loud! I bought this movie in 2003 and have watched it with all my circles of friends and everyone from 19 to 64 have laughed out loud during this movie, which other movies are lucky if it barely happens once.

I love the unrated version, the song and dance, and her sexy dream with Peter and when he "had all the calories taken out for you."

You've been warned.

Author: Steve b (gigabyte.me@gmail.com) from Ct
22 March 2007

I cannot express in words how bad this movie is but I'm going to try.

First, I can't imagine what demographic this movie was supposed to appeal to. Or are there enough superficial shallow bimbos in their very late twenties whose brains are made of cotton candy walking this earth to actually have caused someone to think this movie could make money?

Christina Applegate and Cameron Diaz in this film are not sexy, not funny, they're simply annoying beyond comprehension. They were what I would imagine their real life counterparts would be like, more so Cameron Diaz. I'm sure she didn't tap into her "acting talent" one bit to perform this role. She just showed up on set and somehow memorized her lines.

I can imagine the executive in Hollywood who approved this script is some old, horny, fat, repulsive swine with a huge cigar in his mouth and whiskey on his desk. Wheezing with laughter as he read the script while his fat lips watered at the thought of either of the two leads getting naked. I'm sure he was incredibly disappointed to find neither of them actually got naked in the film, which in a desperate sort of way, would have been the only thing that could have even remotely made this film worth watching.

I can't remember very many details from this film, probably my subconscious protecting me from mental trauma, but I do remember feeling all the more stupid for having watched this.

Christina Appelgate's character meets Thomas Jane's character in a nightclub which instantly annoyed me. Who the hell goes to a nightclub to meet the man of their dreams? She becomes fond of him, in the only way a superficial tramp can become fond of someone, and decides to chase him down via a road trip to stop his imminent wedding and profess her crush/lust whatever to him.

Thomas Jane is cool though, he starred in a movie called "Thursday", which is a great sleeper of a film. However having him in the film was like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound, that just wasn't enough to fix it.

You won't enjoy this unless you're a stupid, self centered, shallow, ditsy yet sarcastic and fairly heartless bimbo. Even then if you watch this movie and like it there is absolutely no hope for you, you know who you are.

You've been warned.

better than expected

Author: kingrollo from Palo Alto, CA
1 October 2002

If you keep your expectations low, it's more likely to be positively surprised... but seriously, even with somewhat higher expectations, this one is worth watching. I saw it as a "filler" on a flight, trying to save some of the "better" movies for the return trip. This movie actually turned out to be much more entertaining than all those I saved... ;))

adult sex comedy

Author: jimakros
19 February 2003

This movie is very funny.I laughed out loud a lot.A lot of people here criticize it as if it was supposed to be some serious movie.Its a silly and sexy comedy with a lot of adult language.If you are offended by sex jokes its not the movie for you.I think Diaz and Applegate were great in it and its soooo refreshing to see actresses not being afraid to make fools of themselves on screen.

The bathroom scene was worth rental price

Author: tenn-noodlehead from Sparta, TN
11 September 2002

Okay, I saw this on dvd right after seeing Fear Dot Com at the theater so maybe that colors my perspective, but I liked this movie. It was funny and the cast worked well together. I do realize that the movie was weak in places, and sometimes seems to ramble on, but overall I think it gets laughs in the right places and seems to have fun and never really stumbles. Christina Applegate using the urinal in a men's room was one of my top movie moments of this year. While not a ten by any means it is at least worth a 7 out of ten.

Funny modern chick humor...

Author: Jayde Smith from Bay Area, CA
9 October 2005

Okay, the important thing to note here is that this type of movie (silly, goofy) is not intended to create a new world order. If you are seeking a film with deep social meaning, or an underlying message of hope and inspiration, pick something else to watch.

It is not a film for everyone and hey by now you should know what type of flicks you enjoy... if its not your style don't watch it!

It's a story of ultra modern, aggressive, women who are warriors of the singles scene. This film is really more suited to women and will likely irritate a lot of men because the characters are women that act like men when it comes to relationships and sex. Yeah, its the whole double standard thing in all its glory.

Some of the scenes are really stupid, and I laughed out loud, because hey I like stupid once in awhile.

Bottom line if you have been there and have done the singles thing, and especially if you have ever been, or currently are, a "playa" in the game then you will enjoy the intended absurdity of this film.

If nothing I have referred to sounds familiar to you don't bother to watch this flick... I can guarantee that you wont get it and wont enjoy it.

Best, JS

great film,great laugh,great stars,great time.

Author: milky_22 from United Kingdom
21 January 2006

Although this film has only had the occasional thumbs up, i am happy to say that this is one of the funniest films in my DVD collection. it truly is a perfect film to watch with the girls on a night in. with lovable characters and hilarious situations that Christina(Diaz)and Courtney(Applegate) have to go through to find Mr.right. i just love both Diaz and Applegates performances in the movie which really gives the feeling that they have been the best of friends since they were kids which really helps you to relate to their relationship. and then there's the brilliant performances from Thomas Jane and Jason Bateman who really show an amazingly convincing 'brotherly love' between the two. with great jokes,beautiful stars,romance, comedy, and not forgetting 'the penis song' this truly is a great movie. A definite two thumbs up.

Page 1 of 40:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]