IMDb > Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders (2000) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders

Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders (V) More at IMDbPro »

Good Scooby fun with some new features...

Author: Glyde Stick from Kansas City, MO
19 October 2000

Scooby and the gang stumble into another mystery involving aliens, government scientists, a suspicious coffee shop cook, a waitress with a crush on Freddy, a cranky garage mechanic, a crazy old man convinced he was abducted by aliens, a nature photographer and her dog.

While this episode follows the same basic formula as the last two Scooby films ("SD on Zombie Island" and "SD & The Witch's Ghost"), there is a new element added: Shaggy and Scooby fall in love. They meet a nature photographer (Crystal) and her dog (Amber) in the desert fall head-over-heels. There is a really fun song Shaggy sings while fantasizing about his and Scooby's lives with Crystal and Amber which is a whole side of Shaggy never seen before.

This film is much more light-hearted that its two predecessors and the villains aren't nearly as wicked as Simone & Lena (Zombie Island) or Ben Ravencroft (Witch's Ghost). Freddy pops off some genuinely funny sarcastic remarks throughout the movie and there are a couple of good pokes at the original TV series ("meddling kids", paint-job on the van, etc.)

Sadly, this will be the last film that features Mary Kay Bergman as the voice of Daphne. She died last November and the ending credit of the film dedicates the film "In Loving Memory of Mary Kay Bergman". She did an admirable job as Daphne and the makers of these films will be hard-pressed to find a worthy replacement.

A must-see for any respectable Scooby fan!

Another great Scooby Doo

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
21 January 2001

The mystery may be a little weaker than in previous Scooby movies but this is still well worth your time and showcases the huge potential in the revamped Scooby franchise.

The Mystery Inc. gang break down in the desert (déjà vu?) and have to stay the night in a nearby town where the locals rant about aliens kidnapping cattle. So obviously they are up for investigation.

I still don't like those stupid sound effects that are STILL (!!!!!!) used when Scooby or Shaggy BEGIN to run away. You know what I'm talking about. It sounds like someone rattling a quarter around in a tin can. It's pretty lame, considering all the thought and effort that has went into updating the franchise, that these old-fashioned and cruddy sound effects are being used in this day and age.

But that aside there is a lot of fun to be had as Shaggy falls in love (his song is way cool), is kidnapped by the aliens along with Scooby and the gang suspecting a rather unfriendly mechanic.

Scooby Doo is going places (even further if they do away with those sound effects) and next time the writers should focus more on plot and mystery as this one was wrapped up in a disappointingly short 74 minutes. The movies that followed progressively got weaker and weaker.

Great

Author: kyle-mcdonald from Canada
18 August 2009

I have to say I have always loved Scooby Doo and I will always love Scooby Doo and if you also love Scooby Doo you will not be disappointed with this movie. Let me get started by saying that the storyline the movie follows is very cool and interesting, I found that it was very well written and came out good on screen. The animation in this movie is very well done all of the characters are very well drawn and look good. The voice over actors are very good such as Scott Innes as Scooby Doo and Shaggy, Mary Kay Bergman as Daphne, Frank Welker as Fred, B.J. Ward as Velma, and they even have Mark Hamil as Steve. The voice over actors do a great job with there voices and sound great. So make sure you rent or buy Scooby doo and the Alien Invaders.

Overall Score: ********* out of **********

****1/2 out of *****

Some may consider this a spoiler so that is why I saved it for last. I have to say how I liked the way they used both real and fake aliens in this movie, The main villains were people in masks and if you watch the movie you will see how they used real aliens.

An Honest Review

Author: generationofswine from United States
1 April 2017

This one hurt a bit.

I mean, there were jokes that made the whole movie worth watching. Unfortunately those jokes weren't enough to really break the Alien thing.

Watching it I wanted the return of the masks, at least then it wouldn't have hurt so bad after the first two.

Instead we had introduced dead-end characters that we meaningless at the end, no real advancement, and a plot that was trying far too hard to be science fiction and not nearly hard enough to be Scooby Doo.

The Romance Makes This One a Classic

Author: Owen Ogletree from United States
13 January 2017

The third of the Mook Animation Scooby-Doo movies is another great one. People thought that Scooby-Doo couldn't be frightening, but then along came "Zombie Island." People then thought that Scooby-Doo couldn't affect them on an emotional level, but that's just what this movie did.

We get to see a side of Shaggy and Scooby we had never seen before. In this film, Shaggy falls in love with a hippie named Crystal, and Scooby falls in love with Crystal's dog, Amber. Meanwhile, the rest of the gang is trying to solve a mystery involving aliens that may have been spotted.

The true stand-out in this film is Shaggy and Crystal's charming and heartwarming romance. It feels very real and gets you invested in it. They have more chemistry than Fred and Daphne could ever hope to have.

The animation is once again spectacular, and the landscapes are nice to look at and very well-detailed. The mystery of the film is rather basic and nothing special, but it doesn't hurt the film too much.

The "groovy" song that played in the middle of the film was one of the sweetest songs I've ever heard and the ending where it's revealed that Crystal and Amber are aliens is very heartbreaking, making you really feel for Shaggy and Scooby.

Another great entry in this beloved franchise. While it doesn't match "Zombie Island," I'd say it's about on par with "Witch's Ghost." Highly recommended for Scooby-Doo fans.

How Groooovyyy

Author: Josh Irpacido
11 October 2016

I don't remember when it happened, but long ago, I think my mom bought me some Scooby-Doo movies. One was a DVD pack of 3 movies that included; Abracadabra-Doo, Goblin King, and Alien Invaders. The other was Camp Scare. The following movies will not be reviewed. Camp Scare will remain ingrained in my brain for the rest of my natural born life, Goblin King will always be known as one of my least favorite Scooby-Doo movies, and Abracadabra-Doo will always be a fun little romp through a Harry Potter cash-in. This one really hits me hard. I've always been a fan of aliens, cryptids, and the supernatural, so Alien Invaders is basically a staple movie of my childhood. Here's the plot of the movie. The Gang drive along the desert to god knows where for god knows why. They have themselves an extraterrestrial encounter, when an alien ship hovers above the Mystery Machine. They stop in the middle of the dessert to get help in the nearest town, but Shaggy and Scooby decide to stay behind. There they spot a jackalope that barely has an effect on the plot and the aliens, who are actually rastafaliens. They get chased by the big green men, and they're almost caught, until they reach the diner. There they meet Dolly, Lester, and Surge. Shaggy and Scooby pig out on donuts, while Fred, Velma, and Daphne listen in on the story of how Lester got proved by the aliens. Lester offers to show the gang pictures of the ship and they agree to follow him. They find out that the only pictures he has are paintings, as Lester is a landscape artiste. They're's no hotels in the town, so Lester lets them stay at his place. He lets Shaggy and Scooby sleep on the roof, for some reason, and the two get kidnapped by the aliens. They're's a scene in the ship, and then they wake up to meet a girl and her dog, Crystal and Amber. If there's anything the movie lacks is in it's plot and mystery, there's nothing really going on. It's like a stretched out episode of What's New, before What's New was even a thing. The mystery is also not interesting, as you only care about two things, aliens and hippie women. Many people consider this the worst of the four Mook Animation Scooby movies, but I like it. I see what they mean, but this is the one I most remember and like. The other's never rang with me like this one did. There animation is also really good, although it's lighter in tone compared to Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost. Let me just comment on the music here, it's good. How Groovy will always be a tune that is stuck in my head, and for personal reasons. I'm a fan of 90s pop, and also a fan of juvenile lovey-dovey stuff. Every time Shaggy says Shaggy Jr., I go like, why couldn't this have actually been a thing. Jennifer Love Hewitt's rendition of the Scooby-Doo is kind on the ears, it could be worse, like in Cyber Chase. That song during the cave chase scene is also good, it really doesn't stand out as much as the other two songs. I didn't even remember that it was in the movie. There are also some pretty enjoyable characters. Lester, Dolly, Amber, Shaggy, and Scooby. All of them, not counting Scooby and Shaggy, are people who definitely need more screen time like the Hex Girls from last movie. Fred, Daphne, and the SALF employees are okay, and there are parts of the movie where Velma says some cringe-worthy stuff that I'd rather not mention here. There's also a mechanic who barely does anything. He fixes the gang's van and he collects pressed flowers. I love Crystal. She should be apart of the gang, she didn't deserve to be treated like a secondary character in a franchise that doesn't appreciate those kind of people. While she is pretty basic and weird, you'll know why if you watch the ending, she's got this weird little charm on her. She's a very likable character and her relationship with Shaggy is one of the greatest things to ever happen to the Scooby-Doo franchise, even if it was for a short amount of time. It may be sappy, but it gets me, when I see her leave at the end of the movie, as well as leaving the franchise forever. This may not be a good movie in terms of plot, but what it lacks it makes up for it with charm and likability. I give it a 6/10. Any of the Scooby-Doo writers reading this, bring back Crystal and Amber. --JoshTheCelluloader.

Fun Film for Adults and Kids

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
3 October 2012

Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders (2000)

*** (out of 4)

Fast and fun feature has Scooby, Shaggy and the gang breaking down in the desert so they walk to the nearest town where they hear about strange lights and cattle missing. Soon the gang is going up against some alien invaders and this is where the mystery begins. SCOOBY-DOO AND THE ALIEN INVADERS is certainly an entertaining little film that offers up a pretty good mystery, a nice story and certainly some very funny moments throughout. I think this one benefits from a short (71-minutes) running time and the fact that it really doesn't have any boring moments or down time. I think the best thing about the film are the actual aliens. I thought the animation throughout the entire thing was extremely good but the look of the aliens was quite good and it was a joy whenever they were in action. Another major plus is that the mystery itself is good. This here certainly isn't going to win any Scooby Snacks for greatness but I found it easy to get caught up in solving the mystery. The vocal work by all was good as usual and this here even threw in some romance with Shaggy and Scooby. The film's best critic was my three-year-old who was constantly having laughing fits throughout the picture. He was obviously having a blast with it. He loves everything Scooby but I've never seen him react so positively to a film.

Extremely entertaining!

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
24 April 2009

I loved this movie, when it came out, and despite one or two minor flaws, it is like a trip down Memory Lane. The animation is faultless, and i loved the music in the opening credits, with the planets, totally relevant to the title of the film. The voice talents, as is usually the case with the Scooby movies, save a couple of exceptions are excellent, a notable standout being Mark Hamill as Steve. Jeff Bennett was also really entertaining as Lester, and I loved the constant fighting over the Scooby snacks. The plot, overall was good, not the best, but those aliens to a young child are pretty scary. My only complaints are the sweet but rather soppy love song in the diner, and although I liked the romance between Shaggy and Crystal, it got a little distracting from the plot. All in all, I really liked it, and I hope it has a decent rating like Witch's Ghost and Goblin King. 8/10 Bethany Cox

Scooby-Doo it again

Author: lordzedd-3 from United States
7 July 2007

I liked Scooby-Doo and the Alien invaders. A whole new mystery in the lines of ZOMBIE ISLAND and WITCH'S GHOST. But Cassey Cassum's presence lacking still keeps this from being a perfect 10. But other cast members do a great job. The aliens are cool, ugly but cool. The clues works and the excitement never dampers. If you love Scooby-Doo and the other Scooby Movies, then you must add this to your collection. The animation is perfect and all the classic characters are there. Now if you aren't a Scooby-Fan, then this isn't the movie for you. But if you never saw anything Scooby related, then this is a good place to start. 9 STARS.

For Scooby Fans only!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
10 April 2006

An avid fan of Scooby Doo that I am, this movie is the one! Despite the changes, Scott Innes doing Casey Kasem's role as Shaggy this movie is fantastic. He and Scooby meet the woman and dog of their dreams. The team investigate a mysterious sighting where the locals are not speaking. As for Shaggy and Scooby, I liked the video they made called "Groovy", I could agree with them more. The duo were worth the save when then dirty feds try to do them harm. And I think when Shaggy spiffies up, everyone should call him by his real name: Norville. I was very surprised when the the duo were alien agents, they were stuck in the fashion time warp which Shaggy lived in. And it was a heart wrencher when they left. But I wondered who was affected more, Shaggy and Scooby? or Fred? That part was sad, but it was even sadder that Mary Kay Bergen had passed on. That to me was a bigger heart wrencher. Despite of it all, it was a very good movie. Don't feel bad guys, the whole thing will indeed make your day. Enjoy it with all your Scooby Doo cartoon classics. A REAL KEEPER. SCOOBY-DOOBY DOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Rating 4 out of 5 stars.