IMDb > Hick Trek: The Moovie (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hick Trek: The Moovie More at IMDbPro »

My name is isn't Pittman!

Author: Mari Christina Pitman from United States
6 February 2006

I played fluffy in the movie, and I would like to say that there is only one t in my last name. I am now divorced, so I have since dropped the Knoche.

I want to apologize to the world for my acting, and I have not attempted it since. The movie was fun to make, and I must admit I enjoy watching it from time to time. Pete Schuermann made the movie as Capt. Jerk, and I also enjoyed Gary Ernster's performance as Horns McBoy.

Oh yes, I also wanted to mention that I was 6 months pregnant in some scenes, so that is why I look different throughout the movie.

Thanks to everyone who watched and also those who continue to make fun of me to this day (including my seventh grade classes--I'm now a middle school teacher).

Fun Moovie!

Author: ving13 from Georgia
27 April 2004

Hick Trek is clearly a film that is envious of even an El Mariachi-level budget ($7,000). Still, the creators are able to pull off decent effects at times (often due to great editing) such as the beamings, the situations aboard the cat ship, and Slim T. Jerk's unique way of communicating with his ship without use of a traditional communication device.

The acting does have its rough spots but the portrayal of "Horns" McBoy is excellent and Fluffy is certainly not too hard on the eyes.

I do wish that the film had been longer than its approximate hour - and that should be seen as a compliment. This movie is a success due to the sincerity and hard work of those involved.

Spectacular

Author: (editor@foolbrain.com) from NC
20 October 2001

Now this is classic. A friend of mine told me about this flick, saying that it's incredibly lame, stupid, retarded, and moronic. He also said that I'd love it.

To my surprise, I found it available from netflix and rented it at once. I'm just shocked that I had never heard of it before. If I could give it an eleven, I would.

A cult classic finally on DVD

Author: Denzelior (hcathey@pcisys.net) from Colorado Springs
28 August 2001

Hey, its great not to have to wait for the next Star-Trek convention to see hick-trek! Its a cheesy film by a bunch of treckies with no budget, but a good way to spend an hour. They got most of the special effects right, the dialog is classic trek and it just feels right for a trek-knockoff.

A Party favorite - Imaginative, fun independent filmmaking.

Author: fantasmic1971 from USA
11 October 2000

This 60min film shows just how much fun filmmaking can be. It's all in good fun as it plays-out a no holds barred comedy assault on the Star Trek genre. In "Hick Trek - The Moovie", a group of good 'ol boys are on a mission to stop a group of renegade cats out to destroy the entire Redneck Federation.

Can Captain Jerk stop the villainous Fluffy with the power of the R.S.S. Bovine and it's Cow Ray?? She may have nine lives, but he has ten bullets! This cult classic (previously only seen at scifi conventions) is a party favorite. Lots of funny moments!