IMDb > Maid in Manhattan (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Maid in Manhattan

Maid in Manhattan More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 25: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Classic and just perfect

Author: DrekkenX from Dartmouth, Massacusetts
13 December 2002

Ya know, I was tired and I didnt feel like watching an action movie, I didnt want a hilarity, I just wanted to relax with my girlfriend and watch a cute flick. Obviously from the previews it was going to be a classic boy meets girl type of movie, but it was simply wonderful. Jennifer Lopez was exellent and so wasn't that other main fella :) All in all it was one of the cutest movies I've ever seen with a beautiful happy ending. It fit my mood perfectly. And, at the very least, the little boy was NOT Haley joel osment!

- Tom

Cute as a button.

Author: rox731 from Ohio
13 December 2002

I just came from seeing this movie and thought it was just as cute as a button. Jennifer did a really good job as did the rest of the cast. It's one of those feel good movies that you want to go see when you down and just want to smile. I liked this movie all around until the ending which I thought could have been more creative. I'd have to say that Pretty Woman had a better ending over all. But I will buy this when it comes out on DVD and add it to my feel good movies.

This movie is very predictable.

Author: Ashanannie (Ashanannie@aol.com) from Maryland, U.S.A
9 December 2002

"Maid in Manhattan" is so predictable. This movie is like all those other movies about how a guy or girl pretend to be a certain way and when their love finds out they have this other life, there is the dramatic fight. And then , of course, their love comes back, apologizes, and they "learn" to love each other just the way they are. Don't get me wrong, the movie is cute and entertaining, but I am sure all of you know how the movie is going to end by just seeing the commercials.

Two Thumbs UP

Author: riannon287 from San Francisco, Ca.
8 December 2002

I attended a sneak preview of this movie this afternoon. I enjoyed it and thought it was well done. It was both funny and touching, and I thought Jennifer did a great job. The young boy that played her son was also very good. I highly recommend this movie.

Fantastic Romantic Comedy, An Absolute Must SEE!

Author: gemini2405 from Katy Tx
7 December 2002

I was delighted to have been able to attend a 'sneak preview' showing of Maid in Manhattan. Even though the movie ran as expected, it was a definite 'feel good' movie. Jo Lo played a great role and looked totally stunning throughout. If you are a romantic at heart, then this is a great movie for you to see.

Very Good - Clean - Romantic Comedy

Author: stump69 from United States
30 July 2007

If one objects to profanity as I do, you have to be very careful in selecting what passes for a romantic comedy these days. Some film directors just have to throw the the random 'f' word just to make some ludicrous point about "pushing the envelope" or so they say. I found this one to be quite on the wholesome side. I also thought the acting was quite good from Jennifer Lopez in addition to being great eye candy as usual. Seeing her in the dress that shows up in at the fund-raiser was just about worth the price of the rental in itself.

Bob Hoskins (Who Framed Roger Rabbit) is turning into a fine character actor. So much so that he became the quintessential butler. I had to check the credits again to be certain that it was really him. My high grade is for excellent acting and direction, seamless editing and a good score. I would have subtracted several stars had there been a lot of profanity in it.

A highly recommended film in the vein of 'Pretty Woman' but unlike that title, this one can be watched with your family.

A fairytale maid.

Author: tamimarie228 from Iowa
25 May 2007

Marisa works as a maid in a fancy hotel but wants a better life for her and her son. She has this really persuasive coworker who gets really pushy. One day they are cleaning a very rich woman's' room and Her coworker persuades Marisa to try on some clothes and so she does. What follows dust balls up into one lie right after another and then another. I thought that it was a pretty good movie. I liked how it was similar to Cinderella because of the maid becoming someone she isn't and then being swept away into a world that she had never known. If it wasn't for her son, she wouldn't have gotten into the whole mess but if it wasn't for him she wouldn't have met her prince charming. Clean up the bad collections of movies with this movie.

Fantasy? Lies?

Author: junyi2002 from Penang
14 December 2004

Ralph Fiennes in another classical romance...looking forward? The overall movie was quite fascinating (although the storyline is yet another classical Cinderella film). The moral behind the words of Lionel, the butler, was invaluable: although we serve them, we're not their servants; what we do does not reflects who we are, but it is how we reestablish ourselves after a fall (something like that, i can't remember word by word) Ty was an amazing character, worthy of praise. Jerry...typical politician nanny Wang manages to capture the discriminative and impressionist urban community towards minority races. this is conveyed through Caroline's friend and a little bit in Jerry...successful expression. There are several flaws in the well-developed story. Observe them yourself if you have the chance: The whole fantasy is based on a lie, and though Marissa tries to end her relationship and adoration towards Christ, she finds it more and more difficult to be separated from him, until, at last, the truth unveils... The party scene seemed too brief, more elaboration needed. Anyway, I think we're quite bored on Cinderella's plot already, might as well try something more interesting like my sassy girl or similar. 6/10, moderate cinematography, expensive, but still, only passing-grade actors.

Reasonably good movie...

Author: Onthethreshold from Vancouver, Canada
5 October 2003

In essence, 'Maid in Manhattan' is really nothing more than a remake of 'Pretty Woman', however the plot does seem fresh and just a little more realistic in that it could happen.

Not a huge J.Lo fan, but she gives a convincing performance and it's great to see one of my favorite actors, Ralph Fiennes playing a part that suits him equally to the bad guy parts he has played in the past.

Good popcorn and/or date movie.

A Good Film

Author: iwatcheverything from Texas, USA
4 October 2003

This was a good decent film. It was a little slow. Lopez was pretty good in this movie but could have been a little better. The kid was great. He made the movie worth watching with his political talk.

The ending was also pretty good. I liked the thing with the magazines. All in all this was good film but would not mind watching again sometime.