IMDb > Trail of Danger (1978) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Trail of Danger (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Brings back memories

Author: Diana Pauls (dianapauls@earthlink.net) from Idaho
7 April 2004

This movie was filmed in my area... my dad and his friends used their old cars to make the old town look realistic... the little boy sucking an ice cube (after he stole it from the ice truck) is my little brother... now a big Marine! It was a lot of fun. Larry Wilcox was talking to my dad between takes and some girls were filming them. Larry asked them if it was a "moving" camera, and when they said yes, Larry said "then we need to move" and started dancing with my dad! I was about 9 years old... So when you watch the movie, you are looking at Shoshone Idaho... still a sweet friendly sleepy little ag town! My dad is the guy in the car driving off into the sunset (symbolizing the transition of eras) while kissing the girl... not my mom!! It's been so long since I've seen the movie (which is why I surfed and found it here), that I only remember that it was a decent story but had a long slow part in the middle... it took forever for them to cross the range! I'd really like to see it again, even if just for the memories.

memories

Author: castlequeen51 from United States
11 November 2006

This movie wasn't a block-buster epic but holds very special memories for our family, our town and other smaller towns nearby. My husband was very instrumental in helping to find various locations in our area for the kinds of scenes that were needed for filming. My husband was the ice-man in the movie. Our daughter did secretarial work for the directors for a summer job and we were able to be near when many of the scenes were being filmed. It was a very rewarding and educational experience. Many others in our town and other towns close by were used in the film also as well as farms, barns, and horses and river crossings.

Most of the filming was actually done in the outlying areas around Mtn.Home and the Bruneau sand dunes with actual town scenes shot in Shoshone. It was a fun summer and look forward to when this movie will be released on DVD.