IMDb > See Spot Run (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

not bad

Author: jbaker-1 from Bronx
28 February 2001

bah to the guy who trashed this movie. It's not Shakespeare but for it's intended audience (kids) it's pretty funny. David Arquette is ok even in the scenes where he hes not acting like a doofus. The kid he plays off of is good and the dog is cute. It's a cute movie and compared to a lot of the "family" schlock that comes out it's very good. I mean what standard are you holding this up to? It's for kids...

A Great Film for Kids!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
7 June 2007

Okay, See Spot Run is not an Oscar winning film nor Golden Globe awards. Okay, it's a fine film for kids really and that's the audience out there with parents and grandparents who take their kids and grandkids to the movie theater. See Spot Run is about a guy who gets a dog and kid played fantastically by Angus T. Jones (he's also on Two and Half Men). JOnes is turning into one of the funniest kids that I have seen in a long time. He knows how to work well adults and animals. The film is about a single guy who inherits a stray dog and a kid whose mother is just gorgeous but she goes away leaving her kid with a stranger (somebody call children services on this mother). Anyway, the kid and the dog bond as they do with the single guy. It's silly at times. There are no serious moments, you don't want any in this film. It would ruin the absolute silliness and fun of this movie.

It was a free library loan, OK! That's why I watched it.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
18 June 2003

SEE SPOT RUN is not a good movie, but we did laugh at many of the antics. Spot is a highly trained police dog that is being transported to a remote location, Alaska, because a mob boss (Sorvino) has put out a hit on him. But Spot escapes and is adopted by a man (Arquette) who is watching a neighbor's (Bibb) son for a couple of days when the babysitter got sick. The antics that ensue involve too many scenes of destroying things, or people ending up in dog poo, and other such juvenile humor. The critic Ebert has a complete and accurate review.

The DVD picture and sound are good, but the movie has little redeeming value. However, it does contain some of my favorite gangster types in Joe Viterelli and Paul Sorvino. The pretty mom, played by Stephanie Bibb, looks remarkably like the blonde who played Nomi in Showgirls.

Very Funny

Author: Juanita (grandma-1) from North carolina
16 December 2002

I bought this movie because it was on sale and my 3 year old grandson loves to watch movies.I had no idea I would enjoy it as much as I did.My grandson fell in love with it.I thought all the actors were great but especially David Arquette.i laughed so hard especially when Gordon kept slipping in the dog doo.The little boy James was adorable and I recomend this movie to anyone of any age.I rate it an 8 out of 10.

david arquette actually bearable

Author: m3boo from new york, new york
18 August 2002

this movie was one of those roll out of bed at 1 pm on a sunday. to be actually honest it was alot better than expected. david arqutte was not the usual annoying "actor" he normally is and it helped the entertainment value of the movie. great for a family movie

The kids will enjoy it

Author: (nickcosto@hotmail.com) from Athens, Greece
9 August 2001

Hardly breaking any new ground and the direction/cinematography were below average. The characters likeable though and it had its moments for the grownups too.

Take your kids (ages 5-12)to see it and they will like the classic gags like the bad guys falling all over the place and getting bitten by dogs. But kids are more sophisticated today and they will outgrow it fast.

I wish the dog(s) would be more involved in the movie. It was used more like a prop.

You won't miss out if you catch it on cable or video after all.

Three stars for some good acting from the co-stars and the likeable face of David Arquette.

Just commenting of S.S.R.

Author: the_ox_67 from Usa
18 March 2001

See Spot Run(SSR) was an ok movie. Would I recommend it? ONLY for young kids. That is what this movie is geared too. I saw it and it didn't appeal to me at all. Yes, there may have been some funny parts but the movie was designed for kids.(hence the PG rating)

--ox

Run from 'Spot'

Author: Kevin Donohue from Kansas City, Missouri, USA
22 August 2001

Unfunny, often inane story of an FBI crime-fighting dog on the run from the mob and catches up with a dopey mailman attempting supervision of a boisterous young boy. 'Turner & Hooch' did this sort of thing far better! I think most children would roll their eyes at this mess. Grade: D

It is not the Bicycle Thief but good for kids.........

Author: Britlaw from London, England, UK
18 June 2001

I took my children, 7 and 8 to see this on the weekend and they loved it. It is silly, childish, overly sentimental, has easily identifiable goodies and baddies and plenty of slapstick - in other words your typical kids film. Viewed in that light it isn't bad and there are some very funny moments, like the flatulent zebra and the surprisingly advanced (for a film like this) joke about the ball bearings - much cruder than usual for an American movie. Us Brits love that kind of thing however.

Sam T: September... Eleven, Eleven, Eleven, Eleven, Eleven.

Author: Eliason_Collateral10 from Ottawa, Canada
2 January 2005

It's amazing what will persuade me to write me a review. A review could have been an idea from a film I've just seen in theaters. It could be when I just finished watching a DVD. It could be I've wanted to review a certain movie for the longest time. Maybe my good buddy Nqnpipnr suggested a film to review or maybe he just finished one that I want to review too. But sometimes, a reason of me writing a review can get very weird.

Anyone heard of the flash site done by Sam T called Ebola World? He's got crazy funny flash cartoons on his awesome characters like parodies against George Bush. In the last installation of his George Bush parody series, the phrase September 11 was strongly used and repeated. The stress of the word 11 brought me thinking: "Agent 11 from See Spot Run!" Now I'm here. But also, just watching Ocean's Eleven brought me thinking of Agent 11. Just see how things work as they link to each other and the snowball effect in one's brain starts to unfold. Now to the review...

See Spot Run is one fun-filled, dog comedies. Thank God it's not one of those CGI'ed animal films that are being chugged out of movie distributors these days. The film is hilarious from the antics of David Arquette and Anthony Anderson. One unknown actress named Leslie Bib stars as well. The film also consists of a cast of Michael Clarke Duncan, Steve Schirripa, Paul Sorvino, and Joe Viterelli who died earlier last in January (God bless him).

David Arquette plays Gordon, a gullible, hard-core, cool mailman. His best buddy, Benny is also a mailman and is played by Anthony Anderson, as it is one of his earlier but funny roles. Leslie Bib plays Stephanie, the neighbor of Gordon who he is attracted to. A young actor named Angus T. Jones plays James, the young son of hers. He does a good job as a young actor as he's done other small roles in Bringing Down the House, The Rookie, and plays in Two and a Half Men. The movie starts with a mob meeting of smuggling drugs as the feds are staking out as they covered the warehouse of the meeting with police and SWAT teams. The mob boss, Sonny Talia (Sorvino) is making the exchange when him and his mob are confronted when the feds move it. Murdoch (Duncan) comes in with his sidekick, a drug-detecting attack dog named Agent 11. They bust him and his mob for the drugs while Agent 11 rips out one of Sonny's balls out. Then when an assassination attempt occurs on Agent 11, Murdoch and the feds have to send him to an attack dog training facility in Alaska. The assassination attempt obviously comes from Sonny and his mob and he sends his two best men after him to kill the dog for revenge; Steve Schirripa and Joe Viterelli play them. They cause a car accident and the next thing we know, the dog is with Gordon and James during his babysitting time for Stephanie. Now the antics of dealing with the dog until James' mom comes back begin.

Overall, See Spot Run is a great comedy and one of the last of it's kind seeing that studios just want to use CGI now instead of real animals. It's definitely a good comedy for all ages. It's just too hard to defend why the fans of it like the film, thus, it truly still is a guilty pleasure though even if people hate it. As those bashers say: "Don't See Spot Run." To them I say: disregard.

My Rating: 8/10 (A Low 8)

Eliason A.