IMDb > See Spot Run (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

The kids will enjoy it

Author: (nickcosto@hotmail.com) from Athens, Greece
9 August 2001

Hardly breaking any new ground and the direction/cinematography were below average. The characters likeable though and it had its moments for the grownups too.

Take your kids (ages 5-12)to see it and they will like the classic gags like the bad guys falling all over the place and getting bitten by dogs. But kids are more sophisticated today and they will outgrow it fast.

I wish the dog(s) would be more involved in the movie. It was used more like a prop.

You won't miss out if you catch it on cable or video after all.

Three stars for some good acting from the co-stars and the likeable face of David Arquette.

Just commenting of S.S.R.

Author: the_ox_67 from Usa
18 March 2001

See Spot Run(SSR) was an ok movie. Would I recommend it? ONLY for young kids. That is what this movie is geared too. I saw it and it didn't appeal to me at all. Yes, there may have been some funny parts but the movie was designed for kids.(hence the PG rating)

--ox

Just the thing to kill off the motion picture once and for all...

Author: moonspinner55 from las vegas, nv
18 November 2007

Blatantly ridiculous. Decorated, heroic canine (who apparently has the strength of a large man and understands the entire English language) is separated from the FBI and ends up with an unwashed postal carrier and the little boy he's currently babysitting. David Arquette, talking like the first white hip-hop mailman, sputters about trying to be zany, and fares even worse when the paltry script suddenly requires him to be paternal to the kid (who is either giggling or sulking). The sub-plot about mob boss Paul Sorvino putting out a hit on the dog actually provides the brightest moments, and hit-men Joe Viterelli and Steve Schirripa are able to come up with some funny repartee. Restless kids may go for it, and it isn't a completely shoddy production. *1/2 from ****

It is not the Bicycle Thief but good for kids.........

Author: Britlaw from London, England, UK
18 June 2001

I took my children, 7 and 8 to see this on the weekend and they loved it. It is silly, childish, overly sentimental, has easily identifiable goodies and baddies and plenty of slapstick - in other words your typical kids film. Viewed in that light it isn't bad and there are some very funny moments, like the flatulent zebra and the surprisingly advanced (for a film like this) joke about the ball bearings - much cruder than usual for an American movie. Us Brits love that kind of thing however.

Sam T: September... Eleven, Eleven, Eleven, Eleven, Eleven.

Author: Eliason_Collateral10 from Ottawa, Canada
2 January 2005

It's amazing what will persuade me to write me a review. A review could have been an idea from a film I've just seen in theaters. It could be when I just finished watching a DVD. It could be I've wanted to review a certain movie for the longest time. Maybe my good buddy Nqnpipnr suggested a film to review or maybe he just finished one that I want to review too. But sometimes, a reason of me writing a review can get very weird.

Anyone heard of the flash site done by Sam T called Ebola World? He's got crazy funny flash cartoons on his awesome characters like parodies against George Bush. In the last installation of his George Bush parody series, the phrase September 11 was strongly used and repeated. The stress of the word 11 brought me thinking: "Agent 11 from See Spot Run!" Now I'm here. But also, just watching Ocean's Eleven brought me thinking of Agent 11. Just see how things work as they link to each other and the snowball effect in one's brain starts to unfold. Now to the review...

See Spot Run is one fun-filled, dog comedies. Thank God it's not one of those CGI'ed animal films that are being chugged out of movie distributors these days. The film is hilarious from the antics of David Arquette and Anthony Anderson. One unknown actress named Leslie Bib stars as well. The film also consists of a cast of Michael Clarke Duncan, Steve Schirripa, Paul Sorvino, and Joe Viterelli who died earlier last in January (God bless him).

David Arquette plays Gordon, a gullible, hard-core, cool mailman. His best buddy, Benny is also a mailman and is played by Anthony Anderson, as it is one of his earlier but funny roles. Leslie Bib plays Stephanie, the neighbor of Gordon who he is attracted to. A young actor named Angus T. Jones plays James, the young son of hers. He does a good job as a young actor as he's done other small roles in Bringing Down the House, The Rookie, and plays in Two and a Half Men. The movie starts with a mob meeting of smuggling drugs as the feds are staking out as they covered the warehouse of the meeting with police and SWAT teams. The mob boss, Sonny Talia (Sorvino) is making the exchange when him and his mob are confronted when the feds move it. Murdoch (Duncan) comes in with his sidekick, a drug-detecting attack dog named Agent 11. They bust him and his mob for the drugs while Agent 11 rips out one of Sonny's balls out. Then when an assassination attempt occurs on Agent 11, Murdoch and the feds have to send him to an attack dog training facility in Alaska. The assassination attempt obviously comes from Sonny and his mob and he sends his two best men after him to kill the dog for revenge; Steve Schirripa and Joe Viterelli play them. They cause a car accident and the next thing we know, the dog is with Gordon and James during his babysitting time for Stephanie. Now the antics of dealing with the dog until James' mom comes back begin.

Overall, See Spot Run is a great comedy and one of the last of it's kind seeing that studios just want to use CGI now instead of real animals. It's definitely a good comedy for all ages. It's just too hard to defend why the fans of it like the film, thus, it truly still is a guilty pleasure though even if people hate it. As those bashers say: "Don't See Spot Run." To them I say: disregard.

My Rating: 8/10 (A Low 8)

Eliason A.

See See Spot Run Run

Author: Christopher Moore (cmoore23@ford.com) from Melbourne, Australia
13 July 2004

I like films about dogs that are smarter than people, mainly because the way the world is going, it seems to be true!

Having said that, this is - and always was going to be - a feel good movie. Even the baddies are suitably laughable that you can like them. And of course, the dogs are all great. Especially the mad terrier that attaches itself to peoples backs and wont let go.

Only disappointment was that the FBI agent was obviously very attached to his dog and after emphasizing that so much, the dog's choice was too clean and too child-oriented. The dog should have dithered a lot more.

The night-experience with doggy-doos was wonderful.

Cute

Author: Ashley (ShortCuteBlonde) from Washington, USA
22 September 2002

this movie was very, very cute. I liked it and i even laughed at some parts, it was a good story outline but kind of i dont know, annoying i guess, David Arquette and The Little Boy did a great job playing their parts, i give it a 7/10.

Oh now come on its a good film.

Author: habib from peru
18 March 2002

Hey will people leave David Arquette alone? Your petty jealousy at him being married to Courtney Cox and you being a bunch of losers doesnt mean that you nerds should try to stop his blossoming film career from becoming more successful and critically acclaimed than Kevin Spacey who pales in comparison. Okay this is the best dog/paul sorvino/postman/woman out of popular/that black guy out of exit wounds and other stuff film that i have seen this week. Thats good enough for me. As for that tall chap out of the green miles involvement? Heartbreaking. Give that man an oscar. Im going to include a couple of witty puns at the bottom to justify myself giving this 7 out of ten.

"First Class"

"Top Dog"

"Better than watching Memento because that film really bites".

I GUESS I'M A KID AT HEART - I LOVED IT

Author: Philaura from Hollywood, CA
5 September 2001

So many comments that this is a "kid's only" movie. I really enjoyed it. The expressions on the child star's face are priceless. He is a real doll. It is silly, simple, good, clean fun starring a fabulous breed of dog - the Bullmastiff. Gotta get one!

Great Acting by a Bullmastiff

Author: dkare from New Jersey, USA
31 March 2001

See Spot Run is a silly fun movie in spite of embarrassingly stiff, terrible acting by David Arquette. The movie manages to be funny due to an amazingly good acting by the main character - Spot, played by a bullmastiff dog. Fast pace and several great supporting characters help to keep this movie entertaining. I give this movie a 6 out of 10. . ..

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]