IMDb > See Spot Run (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
See Spot Run

See Spot Run More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

David Arquette has proven just how funny he is again!

Author: dewdrop1648 from Washington State
2 December 2001

David Arquette is the coolest actor, and I loved this movie. All of my friends and I went and saw this in the theater the day it came out. Picture this a bunch of 14 year olds sitting in the front row laughing harder than anyone else in the whole theater. Well that would have been us. We even got hushed by a group of 5 year olds. We are the biggest fans of David Arquette..so we didn't care if people were looking at us. Anthony Anderson was also hilarious and the little boy was adorable. All you adults on here dissing on this movie shouldn't be, it was aimed for little kids. The kids must have enjoyed it because it was #1 in the Box office and it was totally diserved.

Better than I thought

Author: scottmh
16 September 2001

We rented "See Spot Run" on DVD the other day and I put off watching it expecting absolute garbage.

However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much better this movie was than I was expecting. Of course, it's a kid's movie, and one has to expect that before watching. A lot of people on here have wrote it off as completely stupid, pointless, etc.; however, after all, it's just a kid's movie, what is one to expect?

I actually enjoyed the movie, especially Anthony Anderson. Also, David Arquette isn't THAT bad. His 1-800-Collect or whatever commercials ARE TERRIBLE. But the whole two movies, count 'em, two movies I've seen him in he wasn't half bad.

If you want to judge a movie that was made for adults (not geared towards the kiddies like this movie) watch "The Musketeer" which is a TERRIBLE movie.

It was obvious that this was filmed in and around Vancouver B.C. as many scenes are filmed in Stanely Park, even though it's Supposed to be Seattle.

Leslie Bibb was also HOT. The blue "special effects" when a character gets electrocuted were especially stupid, I will admit. Otherwise, it was entertaining, at the least, which is the whole purpose of watching a movie, isn't it?

It's for the kids! And it wasn't THAT bad!

Author: acroberts from Cleveland, Ohio
5 March 2001

I've finally given up on trying to gauge a children's movie by others' opinions. I took our two little ones to see "See Spot Run" yesterday and they laughed harder than any of the animated garbage that's come out in the past year.

My 3-year-old actually sat on our lap for two hours watching this flick rather than asking for more junk food.

Yes, there are poop and fart jokes aplenty, and the script and acting (in adult standards) could have been better, but for pete's sake is a Kid's Movie! And it's one that an adult can sit through!

Did the kids have fun? Yes. Did I have fun and laugh? Yes. Worth the $$$ to get out of the house? Yes. Case closed.

GREAT! JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED.

Author: k6w from U.S.
5 March 2001

I thoroughly enjoyed this silly movie. I laughed throughout the entire movie, even with the predictability of many of the jokes. Yes, half way through the movie I realized that it was nothing other than Home Alone, with a dog and an attractive woman, but I still laughed twice as hard as I did with Home Alone. A Great inane Sunday Matinee activity. My girlfriend, who reluctantly attended the movie enjoyed it immensely. The entertainment industry really needs to take notice and make more movies like this, that the entire family can enjoy!

To those of you who bashed this movie. Get a life. This movie was slap-stick, that's all. It's sole purpose was to make you laugh. Shame of those of you, and shame on those who stole your childhood and sense of humor.

very funny for families with kids 7 and up

Author: tirchr
4 March 2001

Hey it's not Blazing Saddles or Animal House but this is a funny movie. If you have children aged 7 and above they will enjoy it. I went in expecting it to be pretty lousy and was suprised to find a movie with a decent story line, and acting that wasn't so bad. I have to say there are about 6 or 7 absolutely histerical scenes that adults will enjoy. There is no foul language or nudity. The kid is really good. Arquette is okay. His pal is good. The love interest is a knockout. I have to say I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a long time.

JUST PLAIN FUN!

Author: psm-2 from Westchester County, NY
3 March 2001

A 'kids' film for children of all ages! I sat in a crowded theatre listening to all the children totally enjoying themselves and I found it quite enjoyable, myself! I thought it was very cute and funny. I, too, suspected that Arquette might be 'annoying' but was surprised to find that I had a better appreciation for him after viewing this film.

This movie has rabies

Author: burford1 from Tehachapi
2 March 2001

Well I went in to this film with dog day expectations after being coerced into going, by a very insistent daughter. This tummy turning tostada of Alpo and pepto bismal was a misery to sit through.

I thought the best spoken dialouge was the monosyllabic tones emitted from the dog. I dont think any specific Movie Star could have uplifted this movie, Well maybe John Candy if he dressed up as the dog, but since Candy is no longer with us, that couldnt have happened. This movie will not be long for the screen either.

not bad

Author: jbaker-1 from Bronx
28 February 2001

bah to the guy who trashed this movie. It's not Shakespeare but for it's intended audience (kids) it's pretty funny. David Arquette is ok even in the scenes where he hes not acting like a doofus. The kid he plays off of is good and the dog is cute. It's a cute movie and compared to a lot of the "family" schlock that comes out it's very good. I mean what standard are you holding this up to? It's for kids...

A Great Film for Kids!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
7 June 2007

Okay, See Spot Run is not an Oscar winning film nor Golden Globe awards. Okay, it's a fine film for kids really and that's the audience out there with parents and grandparents who take their kids and grandkids to the movie theater. See Spot Run is about a guy who gets a dog and kid played fantastically by Angus T. Jones (he's also on Two and Half Men). JOnes is turning into one of the funniest kids that I have seen in a long time. He knows how to work well adults and animals. The film is about a single guy who inherits a stray dog and a kid whose mother is just gorgeous but she goes away leaving her kid with a stranger (somebody call children services on this mother). Anyway, the kid and the dog bond as they do with the single guy. It's silly at times. There are no serious moments, you don't want any in this film. It would ruin the absolute silliness and fun of this movie.

It was a free library loan, OK! That's why I watched it.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
18 June 2003

SEE SPOT RUN is not a good movie, but we did laugh at many of the antics. Spot is a highly trained police dog that is being transported to a remote location, Alaska, because a mob boss (Sorvino) has put out a hit on him. But Spot escapes and is adopted by a man (Arquette) who is watching a neighbor's (Bibb) son for a couple of days when the babysitter got sick. The antics that ensue involve too many scenes of destroying things, or people ending up in dog poo, and other such juvenile humor. The critic Ebert has a complete and accurate review.

The DVD picture and sound are good, but the movie has little redeeming value. However, it does contain some of my favorite gangster types in Joe Viterelli and Paul Sorvino. The pretty mom, played by Stephanie Bibb, looks remarkably like the blonde who played Nomi in Showgirls.

Page 3 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]