IMDb > Killjoy (2000) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Killjoy

Killjoy (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Someone kill that clown already

Author: srobi280 from Hungary
6 April 2006

My girlfriend picked out this movie. We were in the mood for a corny horror movie. And corny it was. In a bad way. First of all, the film quality looks like it was filmed in 1972. Killjoy is not scary. He is annoying as all hell! He just hops around and laughs like an idiot, hooting and hollering like a wounded dog. His kills are lame, and his one-liners are even worse. The acting, boy, don't even make me get into that. Pay a drifter $5 and they'll do a better acting job than these people. The blood is very fake, the special effects are just... goofy! Another 300 votes and this movie will end up on the Bottom 100 list where it belongs.

REALLY BAD

Author: Chainsaw Slasher from Long Island, New York
17 January 2002

This has to be one of the top ten worse horror films. The whole story was just bad. My cousin gave this movie to me because he said he hated it. When I watched it, I see why. Worst gore-effects, the dumbest clown and most unscary clown in the horror genre. Ronald McDonald is scarier. Don't waste your time on this.

More pathetic than Randy Conway

Author: aschrist
3 October 2002

This is with out a doubt one of the worst movies ever made. Why did any film studio make this movie? IT IS SOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!! I wanted to go out in the streets and riot after viewing this disgrace to humanity. If I ever try and submit a script to this film studio, I am bringing this one with me. If they decline to make my movie, I will just say look at what you made? I would rather watch the grass grow for the next five years of my life or drive down a dirt road with Randy Conway with rap music playing then watch this again.

Kill Joy (yes!)

Author: barnthebarn from Oxford, England
22 March 2005

Appropriate title and a great way to ruin a week. This really is very horrible and yet a sequel! Producers , Film 2000 fair enough but Full Moon!?! Why? The movie is written by star Carl Washington. Gary Schmoeller is line producer. At only 70 minutes long it is very hard to imagine just how bad this actually is. The villain clown is rubbish (no other word for it). Apparently he is (or was) a bullied lad who for no reason what so ever wants to kill his one true love from when he was alive. The cast are not too bad. They are mainly new actors and really get into their roles and the crass lines. Fans of this will hate this review but for an idea of how nasty this is lets use the 'script'. One guy talking to a local girl "You're c**t stinks anyway". Yes, thanks for that. Maybe he should be more careful where he puts his nose (oh and Full Moon their money!)

This movie should be burned at the stake.

Author: localbum24 from United States
6 December 2001

How did Killjoy ever get funded in the first place? I cant fathom who would allow this movie to be made. Full Moon productions is always bad, but this was low. Bad acting, ludicrous plot, haggard props, and one ugly clown to boot. It's worth watching just to understand how terrible it really is. Damn my roommate for renting it. There went 90 minutes of my life which I'll never have back.

So bad, a new word may need to be created to accurately describe it.

Author: Zombified_660 from United Kingdom
29 May 2005

I must first say this: Killjoy is complete and utter rubbish. I say this because some of the things I say afterwards may convince you otherwise, leading you to perhaps think 'this sounds like it could at least be a good laugh if nothing else'. It's not true, you're misled and it sucks. Completely and unavoidably. Don't dip your toes in the pool, consider this viewing and subsequent review as me taking a cinematic bullet for you.

The biggest problem this movie has is that all of it's night sequences are shot on digital tape, but when the movie is in daylight it seems to be shot on proper movie film. This means none of the sequences really gel visually. End result, the movie looks like a mish mash, almost like two different movies with the same premise got cut together by accident.

The second biggest problem is how godawful the movie is. Basically Killjoy is Nightmare on Elm Street in Da Hood. That's the easiest way to explain this most tortuous 70 minutes. Someone decided it would be a good idea to take the DV tape they got for their wedding anniversary and make a 5 buck Freddy rip off set in 'da hood'. Hence lots of people (including the slasher Killjoy himself) wandering around talking like an Eminem record. See, where movies like 8 Mile and Boyz N Tha Hood and the suchlike provide a multilayered look at ghetto life from a heavily researched viewpoint, the makers of Killjoy obviously figured that listening to a few NWA records gave them full understanding of 'da hood' and that they were 'down wid da kidz'. WRONG. They just made their movie even more stupid than it already was.

Those are the two main reasons Killjoy is garbage. Frankly they were enough, but like any stupid horror buff, I thought 'Yeah, but there may be some quality deaths or stupid one liners'. WRONG AGAIN. All on screen death is in fact DRAWN ON TO THE SCREEN USING WHAT LOOKS LIKE MS PAINT! At one point a man is gunned down in what can only be described as 'Duke Nukem' fashion, as a shower of blocky red pixels appear on his greasy white 'gangsta' vest. The gore in this film is roughly as convincing as Wolfenstein 3D. The 90s one. Not the new one. One liners...well, it has some. I did like the hard gangsta guy and his 'dang, this fool has big shoes' line. But the rest of the script blows with almighty power.

So dodge this movie. Don't trick yourself into thinking it ever gets better than the initial ten minutes. I don't think I attained even one laugh out of it even at it's own damn expense. To describe this in words the characters in the movie would understand, if you feel like watching Killjoy, even on a whim, you better chickedy check yo'self befo' you wrickedy wreck yo'self. Foo'.

After seeing it Twice, my opinion changes.

Author: Ed Moorehouse from Everett, WA
10 July 2002

When I first rented this Film, I watched it "late night". I thought it was great. I thought the sequel as good too. After I bought it, and watched it FULLY awake, I must say, Killjoy 1 was horrible even by Full Moon Pictures Standards. There was little plot. And what Little plot there was, was revealed to us in the last 10 (maybe even 5) minutes of the movie.

I can without doubt tell you that the sequel (released in 2001) is 10X better than Killjoy 1 by far... What the Heck? Even though it was horrible, I still recommend that you go out and rent this utter piece of garbage.

3.5 out of 10

I would recommend "Puppet Master" and "Head of the Family" to anyone that liked/likes Killjoy 1 or 2.

This is one of the most horrible pieces of crap I've ever seen

Author: zeebadboy1 from United Kingdom BRADFORD
15 June 2007

This is one of the most horrible pieces of crap I've ever seen....and that's saying' something! When I saw this movie on the shelf I thought "A killer clown movie? It's got to be at least so-bad-its-good." Oh, my drogues, how wrong I was. There are a lot of different flavors of bad, and Killjoy is a veritable cornucopia of them.

I guess this is supposed to one of them there "urban hip hop" horror flicks, featuring an all African American cast. Well, I'm a black guy and if I'm the target audience I feel a large amount of dread. This movie sucks so badly the NAACP should protest it and the black College Fund should start refusing to aid anyone needing money for Film School. It's that bad, my friends.

The flick starts with a geek student guy named Michael who has the hots for Jada. The problem is Jada has a boyfriend named Lorenzo who's a BIG FISH. We meet all of these knuckleheads virtually at the same time when the movie starts. Michael goes over to Jada on a street corner even though Jada and her friend Monique warn him that Lorenzo will whoop his ass if he's caught talking to her. Just then Lorenzo and his two thug buddies roll up in a car and proceed to kick the living snot of Michael. Amazingly after being stomped into the dirt, Michael doesn't even sport a bruise. I guess it was an implied beating, the same way Lorenzo is an implied gang banger. Yeah, he's a mean street punk, but if those other two guys are his gang, well, I think you'd need at least five guys to be called a gang.

Michael's supposed to be a sympathetic character...friendless, picked on, lonely. But you won't feel for him, I promise you. First of all he's nuts. He goes home after his latest ass kicking and engages in the lamest black magic ritual I've ever seen on film. Surrounded by some candles much like the ones you'd find in the nearest Dollar Tree Store Michael tries to invoke Killjoy....a CLOWN DOLL(!) to get revenge for him. Secondly he's really really dumb. One of Lorenzo's thugs calls to him from outside telling him "I want to be your friend...come outside!" and he does, and then Lorenzo and his other friend grab him and throw him in their car. Keep in mind Michael fell for the whole I want to be your friend thing from a guy who a mere few hours ago broke his foot off in his ass. Is it any wonder that someone this dense doesn't have any friends? Lorenzo and his flunkies drive Michael out to a deserted stretch of road and threaten him with a pistol. Lorenzo meant to scare him, claiming the gun is unloaded but Lorenzo isn't too bright either...its loaded and goes off, killing Michael. Still, Lorenzo doesn't feel too bad about it. He just leaves with his friends, barely giving a second thought about the fact that they just killed a guy in cold blood for talking to Jada.

***The Final Judgment*** This is a warning. Do not rent this movie. Its incredibly bad. Its sickness is so powerful that I fear it may absorb the universe like a giant black hole of crapness. You will be hard pressed to find a movie as completely worthless as this one.

Not the worst, but close enough

Author: AuburnGenius from United States
16 January 2007

This is certainly the second worst movie ever made, in my humble, inexperienced opinion. At the time that I watched this movie, it was the worst... by a long shot. Little bid I know that later that same night i would behold the tragedy known as Ax'Em. Anyway, whoever thought this was a good idea for a movie is floating lifelessly at the shallowest end of the gene pull. In fact, scratch that last comment, the makers of this movie are like, on the beach of the gene pull... the world would be a better place without them, put the tide is in, so here they are. About half way through this movie, I was begging my TV to end it. I didn't care how, I just wanted it to be over! Words cannot describe how bad this movie is, in every aspect. You just have to watch it to really grasp the awfulness, which is a fate I would never wish on anyone ;)

Okay, now don't crucify me.

Author: Justice Rahl
11 October 2011

I am one of those people that loves a movie like this, not because of what it is, but because of what it could have been. In this day and age, when everything is getting a big budget reboot, why not throw some money at the writers and turn this into a good movie. The rough outlines of the plot are there, it's not actually a bad story. Just needs a little fleshing out, ya know? Imagine the story if the kills were exciting, and the characters a little less two dimensional. Also, Arthur Burghardt is absolutely brilliant as the homeless man, I think he had a lot of potential. All in all, on my list of "cheesie movies that I could love", this is an 8 out of 10 for me.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]