Top 100 Funny Movies

Author: baburoy from Delhi
28 July 2000

AFI's 100 Years...100 Laughs is the first major salute to the films and film artists that have made audiences laugh throughout the century. Continuing the celebration of the centennial of American cinema, AFI's 100 Years...100 Laughs aired on the CBS Television network on June 13, 2000.

AFI's 100 Years...100 Laughs reveals America's 100 funniest movies, as chosen by leaders of the entertainment community from a list of 500 nominated movies, in a three-hour television event. Drew Barrymore hosted the AFI special, which featured interviews from some of today's funniest stars.

The top ten funny movies were : 1. Some Like It Hot 2. Tootsie 3. Dr. Strangelove 4. Annie Hall 5. Duck Soup 6. Blazing Saddles 7. M*A*S*H 8. It Happened One Night 9. The Graduate 10. Airplane!

been there, done that

Author: (ajdagreat) from USA
20 August 2001

Yes, I have seen all the funny films included in this TV special. I hadn't seen any other movies older than "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (1975) before I started this so it was quite an experience for me. If anyone out there has an interest in working on this list, feel free to send me a private message to me and I'll give you some helpful tips.

OK, so the list isn't perfect. Some of the films I didn't particularly care for. Others were good, but not as funny as one might hope. However, humor is very subjective so one person may see a film as very funny while another might hate it.

I repeat, please click on the link that says (ajdagreat) and send me a private message if you have an interest in these fine films.

The other commenter here has already taken the liberty of telling you the top 10, so I'll continue on to 11-25. 11. The Producers 12. A Night at the Opera 13. Young Frankenstein 14. Bringing Up Baby 15. The Philadelphia Story 16. Singin' in the Rain 17. The Odd Couple 18. The General 19. His Girl Friday 20. The Apartment 21. A Fish Called Wanda 22. Adam's Rib 23. When Harry Met Sally... 24. Born Yesterday 25. The Gold Rush