IMDb > WCW Road Wild (1999) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WCW Road Wild (TV) More at IMDbPro »

One of the worst events in WCW history (spoiler)

Author: Sugar Salvador from Toronto
27 April 2002

What a terrible build-up and terrible delivery. The opener was good but it was dragged down by the Posse. Everyone else should have had bigger roles in the PPV. As soon as we knew DDP wasn't in the tag title match we knew the heat were going over. Revolution-Rednecks was forgettable. The Cat against Bagwell was just horrible. Benoit-DDP was good and good for DDP putting Benoit over. Sid actually went over Sting clean, that made the match interesting. Goldberg vs Rick Steiner? c'mon! Savage and Rodman were actually entertaining but Hogan vs Nash was a poor main event and world title match.

Unblanaced PPV

Author: amanwhorocks from Czech Republic
21 September 2014

1. Vampiro/Insane Clown Posses Vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr./Kidman/Eddie Guerrero - Good but they can do it better. 8/10

2. WCW Tag Team Championship: Champs-The Jersey Triad Vs. Harlem Heat - Kanyon and Bam Bam lost their titles... match was a little bit better than average. 7/10

3. Curt Hennig/Barry Windham/Bobby Duncum Jr. Vs. Perry Saturn/Dean Malenko/Shane Douglas 7.5/10

4. The Cat Vs. Buff Bagwell - Why is Cat on 3rd PPV in a row. Why are we supposed to watch him... :/ Cat lose. 5.5/10

5. WCW U.S Heavyweight Title Championship: Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Champ-Chris Benoit - Great match, but I didn't get 1 thing. Why, when it was No DQ match and Triad came to save DDP, then why the hell didn't come even The Revolution to help Benoit. They were in backstage and saw the match. ??9/10

6. Sid Vicious Vs. Sting - Hey they let heel Sid get over Sting in a clean way. 7.5/10

7. Rick Steiner Vs. Goldberg - Road Wild to this point has got sooo average matches.6.5/10

8. Dennis Rodman Vs. Randy Savage - Rodman should never be hired in WCW. Totally useless. After 2 years Rodman learned Shortarm Clothesline and Russian Leg Sweep, yippee. OK, it wasn't so horrific like Bash Beach '98 match. Only one thing, Macho needed chain to beat that non wrestler :) 5.5/10

9. WCW Championship & Career match: Champ-Hulk Hogan Vs. Kevin Nash 4/10

knowledgeable

Author: Ruthsofnashville (Ruthsofnashville@aol.com) from nashvillee
2 November 2003

great us title match sad ending 2 the show when hogan put his ego over the great kevin nash. the streetfight was hilarious but they could've taken out the contest winner scene like they take out the upcoming events.

Terrific. It changed my life!!!!!!!

Author: NickF-6 from Illinois, USA
12 August 2000

I had been watching the repulsive WWF up until August 14, 1999 since the WWF had developed an "attitude". Because of the WWF's attitude, I had developed one as well. I was beginning to act satanic. When I watched Road Wild, I saw that this is much better than that other show I had been watching. It brought back memories of days past (1993-1996) when I watched WCW. It was such a relief to see Hulk Hogan in the red and yellow "hulking up". And to see Sting execute a "Stinger Splash". Just good wrestling. The WCW is not like the WWF's sexy, satanic, and sickening soap opera. But now, there is an idiotic writer that joined WCW that thinks that WCW should be a carbon copy of WWF, and I no longer am watching either product, but if WCW ever goes back to the way it was for Road Wild '99, I will definitely begin watching World Championship Wrestling again.