IMDb > Marble Madness (1984) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Marble Madness (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Doesn't hold up

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
26 October 2013

I have no doubt that Marble Madness was cool and innovative in it's day, but the sad fact of the matter is that there's just nothing noteworthy to give the game any kind of longevity in the modern era. You play as a marble which you must control and maneuver around an isometric maze of sorts. A timer counts down the seconds you have left to reach your goal.

That's your lotto, kids. It has been ported to many, many systems over the years but I just can't see the appeal anymore. The original arcade machine used a ball controller but the consoles were stuck with the D-pad, which just doesn't work.

Stick with Screwball Scramble.

Wow, they think of everything to try to entertain kids.

Author: Pepper Anne from Orlando, Florida
21 April 2004

Marble Madness was an old Nintendo game. You were the marble and you had to race through a series of obstacle courses in a given time frame without busting up your marble. You could also race against the computer or against your opponent in two player games. For me, the high point of the game was the music. Though, I've always found it fun to play once in a while. ... It shows you just how interesting old Nintendo games were. Who'da thought? A kid playing a game where he is a marble? And rolling that marble around was no piece of cake.

Dumb

Author: Paul Reubens from NC
5 March 2001

Ok, I can see that no one has ever commented on this, probably a reason for that, the game is a joke. It takes 3 minutes to beat and there is a lame ending. You are just a ball and you roll around for a few minutes and the game is over. It should have never been created and it fails to present any challenge. I would rather play Bocce than be forced to beat this. It sucks big time, but can be fun if you're tanked playing it