IMDb > "Yes, Dear" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Yes, Dear"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Yes, Dear" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Yes, Dear is a great show that has been underrated for years

Author: Jeremy from United States
23 March 2006

Yes, Dear is a great show! More people need to watch this series in order for it stay on the air. Anthony Clark, who plays Greg on the series, has great chemistry with the other cast mates. Anthony Clark makes this show a success. With the addition of Mike O'Malley and Jean Louisa Kelly, this show has the potential of being this year's funniest series. The whole concept of two couples trying to live in harmony while practically living together is great. The show is playful enough that it can be viewed by all ages. If you're looking for a new breed in comedy, "Yes, Dear" is the solution. If it can be placed on primetime and advertised more, this show can be a huge hit. However, "Yes, Dear" is currently extremely underrated and may be cut from the air soon. More people need to watch this show in order to keep this great show alive!

One of the best shows IMO

Author: ugotaproblemfoo from United States
2 April 2008

I just started watching this show syndicated 2 years ago and I'm so sad they don't make new episodes anymore. Seriously this has me and my husband (who hates most sitcoms) rolling on the floor! So many funny jokes and the best part is all the SARCASM! Yes! The relationship that each character has with each other (Greg to Kim, Jimmy to Christine, Greg to Jimmy, etc) stay so true to each other constantly. I love how they bring the kids in and keep them part of the show. The best part of this show is that they joke how this is really just a show! Like when they moved their living room around and all we could see was the back of their heads! One of the most creative episodes was the fish bowl episode where they were living as "fish" and the fish human... the grass is not always greener and this show constantly reminds us of that.

If "Bad" Were "GDP", This Show Would End the Global Recession

Author: rwalker-2 from California
19 May 2009

Given a choice between this abysmal sitcom and wisdom teeth removal, my advice is: Take the oral surgery; the suffering during both is about equal, but the dentist gives you GREAT drugs after he's done. All "Yes, Dear" gives you afterward is nausea, and the sick feeling that your IQ has dropped 35 points.

The premise was unoriginal-- no surprise, we're talking TV here--: Two couples related by marriage, one led by a fussy tight-ass, the other led by a slob. The wives are the source of normality, the slob gets the tight-ass involved in multiple madcap situations, and hilarity is supposed to ensue. But with "Yes, Dear", the hilarity never ensues. The cast has the electric chemistry of sand mixed with dirty water, and the comic timing of the Nuremberg Trials. And let's face it: Mike O'Malley's name on any project is a guarantee that it will be punishingly bad.

The high caliber of the guest actors that got roped into this abortion of a sitcom (Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence, Beth Grant and others) is shocking, given the horrible writing, clumsy direction and appalling level of acting from the regulars. The only participant that seemed to enjoy this train wreck was the hyperactive laugh-track machine, which would bust a chip over the lamest one-liner (and oh, there are so many lame one-liners in this show).

If this is showing on a channel you watch, change it as fast as you can. If someone gives you "Yes, Dear" DVDs, beat him or her about the face and head with the box, burn the DVDs and cross him or her off your Christmas card list. If this is showing in a Best Buy, run for the nearest exit. Anyone with an IQ above that of a houseplant will be racing you for the door.

A fine show for boys(and girls!) of all ages

Author: (emerle13@hotmail.com) from United States
3 August 2011

This is one of the most, best, sitcoms I have ever seen on TBS during the day time. While I was sadly without a television during its' original run, I've managed to catch the entire series on late afternoon TBS and now in the morning. Me and my three young boys have a good time watching it on the days I don't work(Mon-Fri) and enjoy the antics of Greg and Co. Jimmy is by far the boys favorite, but they are quite young and his comedy suits their level of thinking. They don't much care for the children in the show, but fail to see the talent of the child actors in the show. Their thousand-yard stare is a little scary sometimes, but like everyone on the show, you learn to love their flaws. Greg is a little "strange", and while I would prefer a more powerful, forceful man to play him I feel that actor does a decent job.

MY personal favorite, Christine, always has a habit of getting the group into all sorts of fun jams. Whether "borrowing" Greg's credit card only to max it out(leading to a hilarious scene at the supermarket when Pam tries to buy groceries) or selling off her family's individual beds and saving money by buying a large tarp and king size sheets for her and her boys to sleep under, she always causes me to snort out loud, some-times at her, some-times with her.

YES DEAR is a fine show for anyone with young boys and plenty of free time(to catch up on the NINE seasons of story!) who are willing to bond more with their young boys. While there are some flaws(Pam, I'm looking at you, ha-ha) It is a fine show for anyone with young boys and plenty of free time who are willing to bond more with their young boys.

A very funny sitcom

Author: hchais from United States
3 May 2007

Yes dear is a show about two couples and their family living in Los Angeles and how father one has a high paying job and the other lives in their guest house for four years and the rich man always jokes about him because of the fact that he always eats all their food and how he doesn't have a real job. I can understand why people don't like this show and why it isn't popular. I love this show. It is incredibly funny. It is full of stupid, random one liners that come of nowhere and cheap budgets with a nobody cast of main characters and a lot of celebrities that have small roles in one episode. This is a funny show. 10/10

A Time Slot Hit

Author: Joe Greenwald (LLCooLJoE) from Chicago, Il
11 January 2007

I never watched this show, but I knew that it used to be on between "King of Queens" and "Everybody Loves Raymond." Now that they show the reruns on TBS, I've managed to catch many episodes and come to this conclusion: it's not a funny show. The jokes probably could have been funny, but they are often so obvious and they are delivered so terribly that I kind of just acknowledge the humor, but never laugh at it. The actor who plays Greg is one of the least funny people on TV and the actor that plays Jimmy has some potential, but his delivery is plain awful, just like the rest of the people on this show.

Obviously, this show managed to stay on for a while when it was between two big hits. However, as soon as "Raymond" left, this show sputtered. It just isn't that funny.

Yes, Dear the best show

Author: starrj3773 from United States
31 December 2006

The best show ever extremely funny with nonstop jokes if you haven't seen it your missing out, and if you gave yes, Dear a one then may god help you. jimmy takes advantage of Greg and tricks him into doing things he wouldn't do if jimmy was there. While Kim ( Greg's wife ) Can guilt Greg into doing what ever she wants. Chirstine ( Jimmy's wife ) is Kim's sister and lives with her and Greg and has her two kids too.Greg lightens up more later and finally Jimmy and Chirstine move out. But next Door!! So Greg cant get rid of them and at the end of the episode of most recent season there's an earth quake and they move back in! The earth quake noked down jimmy's and Christine's house and Kim and Greg walk down wondering what if their house fell down then and Kim said probably living with Jimmy and Chirstine. Then Greg opens the door and jimmy and Christine and her two boys are right out there, and Chirstine says the guest house fine? But let's back down when jimmy went to collage meet Chirstine in high school and jimmy only spent three months there then gave up.Kim,Chirstine, and Jimmy both lived in Marryland ( of course ) and Greg leaved in Virgina. Then Greg and Kim moved to L A and had Sammy and Emily. Then Jimmy and Chirstine had problems and move there in Greg's house.it takes 4 mths to get jimmy a job actually it four mths to get him to try. Then Greg got him a job at his work ( a movie studio) as an security guard. Then Chirstine went back to collage and after that she work with Greg's assistant then the studio got tacked over by an English person who changed every thing American to English.Savinski ( the head and used to own the studio) and Greg got fired.Then mold was go Chirstine (next door in the house and that was the only thing their insurance didn't cover. So they moved in Jimmy's and Chirstine's ( next door) after three weeks jimmy got tired of it and kicked Greg out even when Greg had Jimmy in for Four Years!! Thats details want more? watch it !!!

Makes me want Iran to obtain Nukes (to bomb this show)!

Author: Matchstick from Chicago, IL
23 March 2006

This show is funny, only because it actually succeeded as a sitcom. I honestly think that all of the actors on the show have talent; I mean, I've seen them be funny in a variety of shows. The bottom line is, this writing blows! Maybe it's a combo of direction, writing and production. But inevitably, it's sucks. Again, I'd like to point out that the actors are actually pretty good (from other shows)......but this material....bites.

If they want to make this a good show, bump it up an hour, write it up with a lot more bite and lose the dips*hits in the studio audience that laugh at every little nuance just because their visiting from Ohio and it's their first time on a studio set.

Great fun and realistic show.

Author: Ben L.Lynnet (Bllyn) from La Mesa, California
5 November 2001

My Wife and I are seniors and we think YES DEAR is the funniest show on T V today. Good acting, from a well cast and carefully selected group. Good fast writing and realistic and natural situations. We recorded the Halloween show and have watched it 3 times!

We are especially glad to see Liza Snyder again. We liked her in Jesse so much. Mike O'Malley is a natural.

Keep up the good work.. Next year will be your year for a bunch of Emmeys! Ben Lynnet

Not bad but....

Author: trisha-5 from Buffalo, NY
24 October 2000

I found the first episode to be hilarious...the videotape was priceless. However, the two episodes since, though funny, I felt were not appropriate for the time slot....talking about big female and male body parts...then the one about the sexual problem the young parents were having. I will keep watching though, cause I can identify with both sets of parents....with my first child I was the "by the book" parent....much more relaxed the second time around!

Page 3 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]