IMDb > "The $treet" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The $treet" More at IMDbPro »

How unfortunate that the $treet was canceled

Author: yoncenator from SoCali
19 October 2003

Those ba$tard$ at FOX canceled this show cause it wasn't an immediate #1 show. This show had so much talent and promise. PLUS two of the best looking women ever to grace the media. Both Jen Connelly and Jen Garth. I KNOW that those execs were kicking themselves when they could've had a show with THE current academy award winning actress on prime time. That just doesn't happen. Too bad FOX just didn't have any balls, and rather would pay millions per episode for the lowest common denominator and same old money makers instead of backing talent and style that you only see on premium cable TV. How unfortunate. The $treet was the only series I've ever video taped to make sure that I saw it and I'm really glad that I saved those.

Should have gotten a chance.

Author: oliverburnett from williamsport, PA
4 January 2002

This show was pretty good and its too bad that FOX didn't give it a chance. I don't think it was on 2 months before they axed it. They should have changed its time slot because it was up against The West Wing. It was FOX's loss because this could have been the next big thing.

Awesome show, Can't believe they cancelled it

Author: Andres Tinoco (atinoco) from Venezuela
24 October 2002

This show was just awesome, it was the only show I watched on TV for some time.....Interesting characters, Great Cast, Interesting plot, Gorgeous Women, and also full of information on the Stock Market. This show has actually introduced me to some of the basic concepts related to the NYSE, was a great advantage on some college courses involving the Stock Market. I was very disappointed when it got cancelled, it was my FAVORITE show at that time, I don't understand why it got cancelled, but, I see lame and crappy shows running for at least a year while some good ones, like The Street, get cancelled. I would love to see this show back on TV, it just ROCKED.

It should have been on longer!

Author: Christopher Smith
27 September 2001

From watching the new shows this season, it makes me think how many great shows premiered last year, but when off the air. This is one of them. I guess it was a little too racy for network television. If it had been on HBO, it would have probably lasted a long time. The show was smart, funny, well acted, and best of all, it was original. Almost all shows today are just rip-offs of some other shows. This wasn't and that is why I loved it so much.

I hope the producers can find a new home for this "edgy" show

Author: Shapster11
17 December 2000

Now that Fox has cancelled The Street let me offer some regrets that the network did not attempt to change its time slot. Going up against a show like The West Wing almost doomed it to failure and that is a shame.

The Street was a microcosm of a youthful Wall St. firm at mach speed. As has been popularized today the dialogue happened fast and furious...way faster than in real life. But that is what kept it vibrant. I am at least a generation or two older than the people depicted in the show yet I really related to the energy the show produced. The give and take between characters was very good on both the personal side as well as the professional side. The depictment of this Wall St. firm as both cut throat with good friendships is what life is...especially in the frenetic pace of the business of finance.

I really liked that in character development no one person was all good or all bad. Each inter-twined along the delicate fence of ideals and truth. I really hope that Darren Star Productions finds a new home for this show. I am anxious to continue watching the evolution of the characters and stories.

Why in gods name did FOX cancel this?

Author: jesper-lindholm from Sweden
9 February 2005

Hi. I just want to cry out and say that FOX is an idiots network to cancel The $treet. I have watch some episodes here in Sweden and I really think that this show is one of the best I've seen. It's definitely the best if you ignore the shows on HBO. I can't decide if I'm sad or angry that there will be no more episodes at all. It's really a shame.

I would like to know what's in those execs minds when they do things like this. How does there brains work. I would say that there heads doesn't work at all.

Jesper

Best show ever made hands down

Author: tarek-el-yafi from london
11 September 2006

I watch a lot of TV and I love shows like Sopranos and Entourage but this show was probably the best show I have ever seen. The sets and the dialog were spot on. The characters were all deep and well defined. Most were likable and there was the right blend of realism and fiction to hold interest. Anyone who does not like this show is insane.

At the same time this was aired in England I was watching Titans and Popular and The Street was far superior to both but both lasted longer I just don't get it. If you find a place to watch or buy this series do it asap.

You will love this show!!!!

Bring back 'The $treet'

Author: siu16 from London
5 May 2011

OK guys I am probably quite late to the show but I have just finished watching the 11 episodes of the show and have to say the execs at FOX could not have been more cruel to its viewers (The show aired in 2000 and I didn't even know it existed until now!). Not only did they cancel one of the best shows to have aired on TV but they cancelled it when the show was entering a a big change! I would have loved to found out whether Chris McConnell's hedge fund worked out or whether he got duped by Gillian. It really would have been competitive to the likes of say Ally Mcbeal. Would probably have been more popular due to more and more people having an interest in stocks & the City! I believe it was just a matter of timing, i the show was to air now it would be a smash hit! It was entertaining but also educational. I realized watching the show how each city professional works with each other to close a deal. Oh and Nina Garbiras is Amazing! Any how I have set up a Facebook page to show support for the show (Bring back 'The $treet) as I do believe it was crime to cancel such a great show! Who knows if we have enough support globally we may even get the attention of the creators & FOX! Sign UP, you have nothing to lose! Email me: Siu16@hotmail.com

Great Show

Author: Duncan McCullough from London
8 January 2002

I don't care what anybody says, The $treet is an incredie show!! I sat up until midnight watching this programme every week because in England they put it on late. When you Americans deciding to cancel it i was ver annoyed. I mean why cancel i well acted, exciting, buzzing show with some awesome women in it ? Well anyways i hope that whoever cancels it comes to their senses an puts it back on to make the world a better place. You know it makes sense!

Strong, fast-paced television

Author: dan6pitcher from New Orleans, Louisiana
1 November 2000

After viewing the first episode of The $treet, I was very intrigued. I do not watch any television shows other than Sportscenter, Leno and Conan O'Brien, and I think this may be added to that list. It is fast-paced, and intelligent, and for once it doesn't revolve around un-feasible situations. A clever show, and hopefully it will succeed on Fox, because they need more than just the Simpsons and the X-Files. A 10 out of 10.