IMDb > "The Trouble with Normal" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Trouble with Normal" More at IMDbPro »

There is none, so BRING IT BACK!

Author: Fletcher Walton from Norwich, Bhupal
24 June 2003

I think I could be a network bigwig. After all, I realise that this show is of some value, I respect the likeable David Krumholtz and admire him in the lead role and I'm capable of laughing along for 13 episodes as the series gently develops and proves its potential. Now all I have to do is learn how to handle an axe.

What in the name of all that is holy is wrong with American networks? This show is funny. Yeah sure, it's not funny like Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm or even That 70s Show but it's middling humorous, slightly better than King Of Queens or Two Guys And A Girl, a couple of undemanding sitcoms I also enjoy. I'm English but I make an effort to catch all the new US sitcoms on late night Cable. Some of them are wusscoms, some of them are s*itcoms and some of them, like The Trouble With Normal, reward my perseverance. I guess with the talented Jon Cryer onboard it was doooomed from the off. I don't understand how this could get cancelled when dross like In Laws (yeah, I had the misfortune to stumble across that one afternoon and nearly barfed up my lunchtime bagel) and Dharma And Greg (Creators: "See, the thing is, she's A WACKY FREE SPIRIT. And he's... wait for it... AN UPTIGHT WELL BRED LAWYER! And, you're gonna love this... THEY'RE MARRIED!" Studio: "SOLD!") and all the other detritus run for years. So now we've lost Opposite Sex, Off Centre, Freaks And Geeks and Undeclared. And we've gained an indefinite run of Friends! Yay! That clicking sound? Just my Glock. Hello, is that The Samaritans?

Another under-rated sitcom that should not have been cancelled

Author: Darlantan from Lexington, KY
24 August 2004

This series started out great and had me laughing uncontrollably.

Who knows why network affiliates make the decisions they do, cancelling shows like this and Andy Richter Controls the Universe?

Based on a pair of paranoid roommates living next door to another pair of paranoid roommates, this show would have hooked a big chunk of TV watchers and could have competed against The Drew Carey Show. Unfortunately the promos were awful and didn't cause enough hype in the beginning and it was pulled after only 6 episodes aired. If anybody knows where I can download the first 6 or all 13 episodes, let me know.

Hilarious!

Author: Op_Prime from Ardmore, PA
9 November 2000

The Trouble with Normal is a funny and clever show. It centers around four paranoid guys and their therapist. The cast is great and the show has some great writing. Problems is the ratings aren't that good and ABC will be pulling the show off the schedule for sweeps. Who knows if it will make it back after that. It would be a shame if this show was cancelled.

No wonder ABC pulled this.

Author: lartronic from Akron, Ohio.
12 December 2000

I couldn't find this show the least bit funny. Okay, the idea about the paranoid guys and their therapist is a very good one, but the whole series isn't involving enough to get the viewer in to it. There are certain shows that don't manage to be funny no matter how good the premise is. This is one of those shows.